NC - Paitin Fields, 5, raped & murdered, Pender County, 12 Nov 2017 *ARREST in 2022*

http://www.wect.com/story/36873106/5-year-olds-death-in-pender-co-investigated-as-homicide

"According to a news release from the Pender County Sheriff's Office, medical staff at Pender Memorial Hospital contacted the sheriff's office at 6 a.m. last Monday regarding a female child in the emergency room. She was in critical condition with injuries consistent with an assault. Police records show the girl was strangled and raped.

She died as a result of those injuries on Wednesday."

This brutal murder of a five year old girl happened in neighboring county. Not much has been releashed to the public. Have been trying to find out more.
Horrific and so tragic.

So far it is known that she and her brother lived with her grandmother and uncle.

The articles state she was last seen Sun. evening and found Mon a.m. Where was she found? In the home? If so, I would think that would narrow the suspects? This is horrible..hopefully they make an arrest soon. If she was raped (hate typing that, poor little thing) then I would think they would have DNA. Keep us updated if you find more information..just tragic!

Have not seen one, single, solitary news item regarding this horrific crime since it happened. Are there any suspects, arrests, etc. This just breaks my heart! Where are the follow ups regarding this unspeakable crime? :gaah:

The articles state she was last seen Sun. evening and found Mon a.m. Where was she found? In the home? If so, I would think that would narrow the suspects? This is horrible..hopefully they make an arrest soon. If she was raped (hate typing that, poor little thing) then I would think they would have DNA. Keep us updated if you find more information..just tragic!
Why did the hospital have to call LE? Noone in the house called? Just took her to the hospital? HUGE red flag for me.

Why did the hospital have to call LE? Noone in the house called? Just took her to the hospital? HUGE red flag for me.

Lived with Grandmother and uncle :thinking: She was found in "Watha" home. Was that Grandmother's home? Was there an amber alert or anything? Last seen one night, found next morning (and taken to hospital ). This smells to high heaven, IMHO. No names, whatsoever? Was this ever a missing child report?

I agree, huge red flag. Lots of information missing on this case. Also strange is another case that happened in the same tiny neighborhood. A mother killed her 14 yr. old son and then killed herself. I'm so suspicious that these two cases may be related.
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LE...-herself/RK=2/RS=e5PxGOsb8XeGqy.kmU6rEPpIrHo-

These cases occurred two or three days apart in the same area. We don't really know when the child was raped, strangled. The family could have been avoiding taking her to the hospital because a family member or another minor had done this crime. Maybe she was finally taken to the hospital when they realized that she was dying. Very strange. Can't figure out why LE and press aren't giving any information. JMO

Lived with Grandmother and uncle :thinking: She was found in "Watha" home. Was that Grandmother's home? Was there an amber alert or anything? Last seen one night, found next morning (and taken to hospital ). This smells to high heaven, IMHO. No names, whatsoever? Was this ever a missing child report?

I'm glad I now have some of you with the same thoughts. I've been trying to find out anything and there is nothing. The articles also never state that the little girl was in the grandmother's home when it was discovered that she had been raped/strangled. An address is given. This stinks.

“Rowell would not give further details. He would not say whether detectives have someone in custody, but did say the community does not need to be concerned about a suspect being at large and that the death was “an isolated incident.””

http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/...death-of-pender-county-5-year-old-as-homicide

Notice he says basically the same thing about the other incident. At some point the citizens deserve some information so they can make their own call whether they feel safe or not. JMO of course.

"Rowell said.....
“This is an isolated incident and there is no cause for concern for other members of the community,” he wrote in an email."

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171117/willard-mom-shoots-14-year-old-son-turns-gun-on-herself

I found this case when it was mentioned on the Mariah Woods thread and was hoping there would be some answers by now on this horrible crime.

Sad and bizarre - no further information?

At least none I could find through Google.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back