MI Rep John Conyers Sexual Harassment Payoffs

Gardenista

On Time Out
Reaction score
Michigan Rep. John Conyers, a Democrat and the longest-serving member of the House of Representatives, settled a wrongful dismissal complaint in 2015 with a former employee who alleged she was fired because she would not “succumb to [his] sexual advances.”

Documents from the complaint obtained by BuzzFeed News include four signed affidavits, three of which are notarized, from former staff members who allege that Conyers, the ranking Democrat on the powerful House Judiciary Committee, repeatedly made sexual advances to female staff that included requests for sexual favors, contacting and transporting other women with whom they believed Conyers was having affairs, caressing their hands sexually, and rubbing their legs and backs in public. Four people involved with the case verified the documents are authentic.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod...harassed-her?utm_term=.stK5BR44Q3#.uh8pKgJJ7Y

Hilarious

John Conyers, Jr.‏Verified account
@RepJohnConyers

On #WomensEqualityDay, let’s fight to ensure women have the equal ability to participate in the workplace.

[video=twitter;901479076250226688]https://twitter.com/RepJohnConyers/status/901479076250226688[/video]

He might be entertaining but is a member of Congress considered a celebrity?

We really need a sub forum for all of these sexual misconduct and harassment allegations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzzfeed also reported that staffers were tasked with flying with flying women in for Conyers using Congressional resources!

One affidavit from a former female employee states that she was tasked with flying in women for the congressman. “One of my duties while working for Rep. Conyers was to keep a list of women that I assumed he was having affairs with and call them at his request and, if necessary, have them flown in using Congressional resources,” said her affidavit. (A second staffer alleged in an interview that Conyers used taxpayer resources to fly women to him.)

Former employees also said that Conyers made it very clear that if they performed ‘personal favors’ it would lead to salary increases and promotions. It was well known Conyers was having affairs with multiple female staffers. He often made sexual advances towards women and grew angry if they brought their husbands around.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod/...Q3#.uh8pKgJJ7Y

This is one of the most serious cases so far, not counting Weinstein.

Trading sexual favors for salary increases is major CORRUPTION. And using govt. resources to fly mistresses into the city? :no:

Buzzfeed also reported that staffers were tasked with flying with flying women in for Conyers using Congressional resources!

One affidavit from a former female employee states that she was tasked with flying in women for the congressman. “One of my duties while working for Rep. Conyers was to keep a list of women that I assumed he was having affairs with and call them at his request and, if necessary, have them flown in using Congressional resources,” said her affidavit. (A second staffer alleged in an interview that Conyers used taxpayer resources to fly women to him.)

Former employees also said that Conyers made it very clear that if they performed ‘personal favors’ it would lead to salary increases and promotions. It was well known Conyers was having affairs with multiple female staffers. He often made sexual advances towards women and grew angry if they brought their husbands around.

Trading sexual favors for salary increases is major CORRUPTION. And using govt. resources to fly mistresses into the city? :no:

Or calling a high school student out of class on the school phone, to ask her out for a date, because he was the DA? This is not a partisan issue. It is an entitled man issue.

Using govt resources seems to be quite a lovely thing lots do. I wonder if there needs to be a list such as the taxpayer paying for golf carts or paying for homeymoon and shopping flights, and what else have we been so generously paying for?

I am still confused. Is Conyers a celebrity or in the entertainment business? Did I miss it?

According to a current congresswoman, we know that there were members of both parties who paid out for harassment suits. We now know one.......Let's see if we can figure out where our 17 million tax dollars went.

I am not sure about the corruption aspect of this. There is a congressperson in charge of dispensing these funds. I am sure if there was a crime (beyond being a pig and harassing people--not criminal, this is considered a civil settlement) the congressperson in charge would have bumped it to wherever it needed to go. Remember as the parties change a different party is in charge of the issue. Both parties are dirty with harassment which is why we only are hearing about it now.

you know all these men are not just pigs they are preditors and call it whatever you want but he should be gone just like the rest of them when its a republican everyone in the media go's crazy i dont see these men as congressman republicans or democrates they are simply people who we gave our highest trust and faith to make sure ours laws and lifestyles are kept safe and lawful, so when they do this its more than just he made a mistake fire them and let the whole world know and once you do even more woman come forward i have a daughter and when she is ready i dont want her to have to deal with these creeps especially a man who has our highest respect like conyers im from michigan and i want him fired now,.

i also think gary condit (served in the House of Representatives from 1989 to 2003.) should be brought back in on ethic's charges he slept with an intern who ended up dead she was ready to talkabout the affair and she came up missing and later found dead he might not of killed her but he was her boss she was an intern who knows how that started but he aint inocent we need to clean up our law makers , think of all the things you and i must do to be considered law abideing and they walk around with a ticket to rockstar heaven then like conyers sends out a memo to the press that he supports womans right in the work place, im not a fool and i know your not so we need to let them know mid life crisises are not aloud on our dime is all im saying these are america's daughters black white brown and yellow being forced and discriminated against by these old priviledged creeps

I hope we can remember not to get political. I hate it when threads close.

There is equal issue with politicians of all parties. The rumors and the truths are seeming to be born out. I will keep with my thread theme---who are the congressmen/women who spent 17 million of our tax dollars to settle harassment suits with non-disclosure agreements attached? This is part of this whole issue that faces us as a country. When settlements are made, the protections for others are eroded.

A civil case.

But if we are going to tell about them, can we also add this man? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5096531/Anti-LGBT-lawmaker-led-double-life-gay-man.html
Not a celebrity, just another lawmaker, one rule for you and another for me. This is not anything to do with politics, it has to do with immature and entitled men.

wow never even heard about this creep but yes i believe these guys all learn from the older ones, these people see hookers and have networks of callgirl's they share , i cant remember the guys name but they had him on tap saying he became a senator to get laid the money was just a cherry on top of that, its been going on for years and years and they overlook each others offences because most of them are standing in line with the guy at the *advertiser censored* houses, but its hard to get them in trouble because the parties dem or republican protect them they need the votes. its the same as the priest hood when they were being shuffled around by the church to keep them from getting caught, this is not fact but its what i always thought about this subject.

Looks like some powerful women helped cover for these creeps:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/m...cable-integrity-on-our-issues/article/2641351

Maxine Waters to women: John Conyers 'has impeccable integrity on our issues'
Nov 21, 2017, 9:14 AM

Rep. John Conyers, newly facing sexual misconduct charges from former aides, was praised by fellow Rep. Maxine Waters just last month as a champion of women.

During an address to organizers of the national Women’s March in which she lashed out at “rape culture” and President Trump, she singled out the Michigan lawmaker for special attention.

“You know, there is a member of Congress who has been supportive of women for many, many, many years,” said said in a keynote address to the Women's Convention Sojourner Truth Luncheon in Detroit.

“He is quiet, he is confident, he is powerful, but he has impeccable integrity on all of our issues. Give John Conyers a big round of applause.” C-SPAN captured her comments and those of others who spoke at the event.
===========================================================================================================

That^^ was just last month. Surely Waters knew what was up with Conyers at that time?

Conyers has always been creepy. This is no surprise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back