Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.21.17 - Day 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Babcock murder trial discussion thread.

A few general reminders about the trial:

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and/or any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits.

Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (newspaper articles, tweets, tv) is allowed. Provide a source link, and keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge.

The magnificent principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that the general public / Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

A few general reminders from Websleuths TOS aka The Rules.

At all times, remain VICTIM FRIENDLY. No bashing or passing judgment on the victim or family.

There is ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts. Don’t expect an explanation … you will find your post has simply disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

BICKERING between members is not allowed. If you disagree, that's fine, say so and move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Alert on a post and move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Mods/Admin or Owner. Also do not expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

Do not abuse the WS Alert feature. Abuse includes, but is not limited to:
• Overuse of the alert system
• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster
• Demanding a specific outcome
• Alerting on the same post more than once

Paywall Sites

Under copyright law, members who read information at a paid subscription site are NOT legally allowed to bring information obtained through those accounts over to Websleuths or pass the information to a third party to post the information here. All information posted at Websleuths about the trial must be obtained through MSM or MSM social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook) and linked.

If you have any questions, use the Alert feature or send a PM and we will be happy to assist.

:tyou:

:rose: Remembering Laura Babcock and waiting for Justice :rose:

1297999253571_ORIGINAL.jpg

link

You are not forgotten ... Rest peacefully, Laura
:rose: :rose:

'A crackling noise': Accused killer Mark Smich's ex girlfriend saw animal incinerator in use
By Shannon Martin, CBC News Nov 17, 2017

marlena-meneses-babcock.jpg

Meneses said one of the jobs she did for Millard was cleaning the washrooms at his airport hangar. In this photo she poses near the animal incinerator, called The Eliminator. (Court exhibit)

The ex-girlfriend of accused killer Mark Smich told jury members at the Laura Babcock murder trial about a night when Smich and co-accused Dellen Millard told her they were testing out a towering animal incinerator.

Marlena Meneses, 23, described in Ontario Superior Court in Toronto a late-night trip to Millard's airport hanger in the Waterloo Region, where she saw the machine smoking and heard a "crackling noise."

After four weeks of testimony, Meneses is one of the Crown's final witnesses.

[...]

'His new toy'

It was Meneses's account of a large black piece of farm machinery, called The Eliminator, that dominated much of her testimony.

When she first saw the machine at Millard's airport hangar, she says the accused killer told her it was his new toy.

Meneses said she later asked Smich about it and he said it was for farm animals.

"I thought it was weird because Dellen didn't have any farm animals," she told the court.

Accused killer's ex faces cross-examination at Laura Babcock murder trialhttp://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ation-at-laura-babcock-murder-trial-1.4410532
By Shannon Martin, CBC News Posted: Nov 21, 2017

Accused killer Mark Smich barely glanced at his ex-girlfriend as she told jury members at the Laura Babcock murder trial Friday that she saw him and co-accused Dellen Millard fire up an animal incinerator, "testing it."

Marlena Meneses, 23, is back in the witness box Tuesday in Ontario Superior Court in downtown Toronto. Not only will she be grilled by her ex-boyfriend's lawyer, but she'll also come face to face with his onetime best friend, Millard, who is acting as his own lawyer.

Millard begins his cross-examination of Meneses at 9:45 a.m. ET today.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

Thanks in advance to those that can help with the tweets. :)

I'm having PC issues this morning, and again, the live blog link isn't working for me.

Blog link not working here either so must be CBC

Shannon Martin‏
@ShannonMartinTV
1m1 minute ago

We're standing by for the jury at the Laura Babcock murder trial. We'll start going once they arrive.

Shannon Martin‏
@ShannonMartinTV
There are some legal discussions happening at the moment.

Lisa Hepfner

The #LauraBabcock murder trial resumes this morning, with cross examination of Mark #Smich girlfriend Marlena Meneses by co-accused Dellen #Millard. Tweets here all day, full story 6pm @CHCHNews

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Shannon Martin‏
@ShannonMartinTV
51s52 seconds ago

For those of you watching the live blog, we're having some technical issues. Our web team is looking at it. Thanks for your patience!

Oh to be a fly on the wall......how many situations (like asking MM to wear a fake pregnancy belly to smuggle drugs across the border) is DM trying to keep out?

I am very curious if the arguments relate to activities on July 3rd which the crown oddly ignored. If the crown didn't mention the 3rd, is Millard allowed to ask questions about it? I think it would be advantageous for the defence to have MM admit that she didn't hear a gunshot, but can they even ask about that?

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/HefCHCHNews/status/932989138051182599 [/FONT]

I am hoping that MM can stand her ground and not be bullied by either DM or Dungey today. I can see them trying to either bully her or pressure her testimony. I can also guess that she must be pretty nervous. I hope she is able to stand up for truth and for justice today!

Questions for those who have attended or someone who knows how this works......is the witness there for legal arguments? Or are they brought in after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10