Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.22.17 - Day 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Babcock murder trial discussion thread.

A few general reminders about the trial:

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and/or any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits.

Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (newspaper articles, tweets, tv) is allowed. Provide a source link, and keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge.

The magnificent principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that the general public / Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

A few general reminders from Websleuths TOS aka The Rules.

At all times, remain VICTIM FRIENDLY. No bashing or passing judgment on the victim or family.

There is ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts. Don’t expect an explanation … you will find your post has simply disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

BICKERING between members is not allowed. If you disagree, that's fine, say so and move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Alert on a post and move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Mods/Admin or Owner. Also do not expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

Do not abuse the WS Alert feature. Abuse includes, but is not limited to:
• Overuse of the alert system
• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster
• Demanding a specific outcome
• Alerting on the same post more than once

Paywall Sites

Under copyright law, members who read information at a paid subscription site are NOT legally allowed to bring information obtained through those accounts over to Websleuths or pass the information to a third party to post the information here. All information posted at Websleuths about the trial must be obtained through MSM or MSM social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook) and linked.

If you have any questions, use the Alert feature or send a PM and we will be happy to assist.

:tyou:

:rose: Remembering Laura Babcock and waiting for Justice :rose:

1297999253571_ORIGINAL.jpg

link

You are not forgotten ... Rest peacefully, Laura
:rose: :rose:

Accused killer Dellen Millard asked friend to keep tabs on Laura Babcock, jury hears
By Shannon Martin, CBC News Nov 21, 2017

dellen-millard.JPG

Andrew Michalski, left, testified Tuesday at the Laura Babcock murder trial, where his former best friend, Dellen Millard, right, and another man are being prosecuted on first-degree murder charges. (Court exhibit)

One of Dellen Millard's former friends testifies in court that he was asked to keep tabs on Laura Babcock in the months before she vanished in the summer of 2012.

Andrew Michalski, 27, a Toronto-area plumber, was part of Millard's inner circle, a group that partied hard and often at the accused killer's home in Etobicoke, Ont.

The jury was shown text messages Tuesday that Millard sent Michalski on May 4, 2012. One of them read, "if you could keep me updated on where Laura goes to thatd be of use to me."

When asked by Crown prosecutor Ken Lockhart what Millard meant, Michalski responded that he never asked.

[...]

Other text messages shown to the jury today revealed what Michalski described as "bad blood" between Babcock, Millard, and a woman he was dating, Christina Noudga, of Toronto. Babcock and Millard had previously dated.

The Crown's theory is that Babcock was murdered, with the motivation being a love triangle.

On April 16, 2012, Babcock sent Michalski a message that she had received from Millard. It read: "Of course i don't know your disorder. its yours and you dont know anyone else's. it's unfortunate you got dealt a bad hand. i don't blame you for your disorder but it is up to you to manage it. this your life Laura."

The message went on to read, "You are harmful to me. please don't try to contact me until you've made some huge leaps of self discovery. as i said before, good luck with life."

Accused killer Dellen Millard to cross-examine former friend at Laura Babcock murder trial
By Shannon Martin, CBC News Nov 22, 2017

They were the best of friends who, at one point, even sported matching mohawks dyed in bright pink and blue. Now one is on trial for first-degree murder, acting as his own lawyer, and the other is expected back in the witness box on Wednesday morning.

Dellen Millard and Andrew Michalski will face each other again at the ongoing Laura Babcock murder trial in Ontario Superior Court in downtown Toronto.

Michalski, 27, testified Tuesday that Millard asked him to keep tabs on Babcock in the months before she vanished in the summer of 2012.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

Millard begins his cross-examination of Michalski at 10 a.m. ET.

Hi there, we're standing by outside the courtroom at the Laura Babcock murder trial. Things are expected to get underway at 10 a.m. ET.
by Shannon Martin 9:40 AM

Thanks as always to those that can help with the tweets. :)

So many unanswered questions still lingering.

Shannon Martin‏
@ShannonMartinTV
1m1 minute ago

Justice Michael Code is here, we're just standing by for the jury at the #LauraBabcock murder trial.

Good morning, everyone. I am available to post the tweets and live blog for most of the day today. I will have to step away briefly, but that may fall on the lunch break anyway - I will let you know. I hope everyone is having a good day so far. As always, Justice for Laura.

Hi there, we're standing by outside the courtroom at the Laura Babcock murder trial. Things are expected to get underway at 10 a.m. ET.
by Shannon Martin 9:40 AM

The jury has arrived, and so has witness Andrew Michalski.

ICYMI Here's what he said yesterday:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ep-tabs-on-laura-babcock-jury-hears-1.4410532

Millard begins, "Good morning Andrew."

Michalski, "Hi Mr. Millard."

Millard asks if Michalski has been paying attention to media reports, he says he hasn't.

Millard, "We used to be best friends. We haven't spoken in more than four and a half years."

Michalski, "Correct."
by Shannon Martin 10:09 AM

Nothing yet from the usuals that I follow on Twitter: Lisa Hepfner, Marianne Boucher, Liam Casey, Mark Carcasole. Any others I should add? I'll post the blog but not Shannon Martin's tweets as I find they overlap almost identically.

ETA: Marianne Boucher is posting.

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
54s54 seconds ago
More
Millard is now cross examining Andrew Michalski , his former best friend.
They haven't spoken in 4 yrs.
Millard: Good Morning Andrew.

Millard asks Michalski to pull up one of the statement he gave to police.

Millard points out that Michalski was questioned in this one statement about inconsistencies in previous statements.

Millard, "You're here to give facts, not your opinion... I'm interested in things you've actually heard, seen or actually done."

by Shannon Martin 10:12 AM

Another pointless discrediting of a witness who's said little discriminating about DM

This should be interesting since DM reached out to CN to have AM change his testimony. The fact that he didn't and sold DM out with the "nice guy or ***hole" line may have DM seeking revenge. MOO

Millard tells the court the two met in 2008 and bonded over video games.

Millard says, "I"m a chef, I'm a helicopter pilot. I worked in the video game industry for a short period of time. I took make up artistry - specifically for Halloween, faking injuries. When someone tries to pin down my background story, they will get a number of different answers."

Michalski answers, "yes."

Millard puts a photo on one of four large flat screens. It shows a group of young men. Both Millard and Michalski are in it, they're standing next to a Hummer and a Jeep.

Millard calls it one of their "off-roading adventures." He adds, "we had a lot of fun."
by Shannon Martin 10:15 AM

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
21s21 seconds ago
More
Millard: I was into off road racing.
He shows a photo of himself and Michalski sitting on a jeep. We had a lot of fun.
Michalski: Yes

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
1m1 minute ago
More
Millard reminds Michalski that he was the only young guy that he allowed to drive his many vehicles, "there was trust"
Michalski agrees.

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
1m1 minute ago
More
Millard reminds Michalski that he was the only young guy that he allowed to drive his many vehicles, "there was trust"
Michalski agrees.

No! There was manipulation. MOO

Millard points out he had six vehicles, and he let the guys drive them. But he says, Michalski was the only one he trusted to actually take them.

Millard now hands out a booklet to the jury. There aren't electronic copies, so the public gallery can't see the photos. Millard talks about the first one - it shows a yellow Jeep.

"That girl in the picture, that's not Christina Noudga, is it?" Millard asks.

"No," Michalski answers.

Millard tells the court this was the Jeep they used in the Baja race in Mexico.
by Shannon Martin 10:20 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member