Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.27.17 - Day 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Babcock murder trial discussion thread.

A few general reminders about the trial:

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and/or any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits.

Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (newspaper articles, tweets, tv) is allowed. Provide a source link, and keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge.

The magnificent principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that the general public / Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

A few general reminders from Websleuths TOS aka The Rules.

At all times, remain VICTIM FRIENDLY. No bashing or passing judgment on the victim or family.

There is ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts. Don’t expect an explanation … you will find your post has simply disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

BICKERING between members is not allowed. If you disagree, that's fine, say so and move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Alert on a post and move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Mods/Admin or Owner. Also do not expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

Do not abuse the WS Alert feature. Abuse includes, but is not limited to:
• Overuse of the alert system
• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster
• Demanding a specific outcome
• Alerting on the same post more than once

Paywall Sites

Under copyright law, members who read information at a paid subscription site are NOT legally allowed to bring information obtained through those accounts over to Websleuths or pass the information to a third party to post the information here. All information posted at Websleuths about the trial must be obtained through MSM or MSM social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook) and linked.

If you have any questions, use the Alert feature or send a PM and we will be happy to assist.

:tyou:

:rose: Remembering Laura Babcock and waiting for Justice :rose:

1297999253571_ORIGINAL.jpg

link

You are not forgotten ... Rest peacefully, Laura
:rose: :rose:

'We need to get our stories straight,' Dellen Millard wrote girlfriend after Laura Babcock disappeared
By Shannon Martin, CBC News Nov 22, 2017

millard-and-noudga-babcock.jpg

Dellen Millard sent 65 handwritten letters to his then-girlfriend Christina Noudga. A number of them were read out loud in court Thursday. In several, Millard wrote: 'Destroy this letter to protect me.' (Court exhibit)

The jury at the Laura Babcock murder trial saw some of the 65 handwritten letters accused killer Dellen Millard sent to then-girlfriend Christina Noudga, where he detailed "the night Laura disappeared."

"It is a very real possibility you will be called as a witness," Millard wrote in one letter the jury saw today. "Whatever you may believe you need to put aside. This is what happened…"

Millard then writes, "Laura was over doing coke with Mark in the basement. We went to say goodnight to them. You saw her alive with Mark with coke."

The letters, bound into binders for jury members, were presented through the Crown's final witness, a retired Hamilton police officer who found them scattered in Noudga's bedroom in April 2014.

Laura Babcock murder trial: A timeline of the Crown's case
By Shannon Martin, CBC News Posted: Nov 25, 2017

Will co-accused killers Dellen Millard and Mark Smich call a defence?
By Shannon Martin, CBC News Nov 27, 2017

For five weeks, co-accused killers Dellen Millard and Mark Smich have attempted to pick apart the Crown's case against them at the Laura Babcock murder trial.

Now they must decide whether to call a defence — potentially presenting their own evidence and witnesses.

For Millard, who is acting as his own lawyer, that could mean calling himself into the witness box.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

The trial continues at 10 a.m. ET.

Good morning, we are inside the courtroom at the Laura Babcock murder trial. There are some legal discussions happening at the moment.
by Shannon Martin 9:59 AM

Thanks in advance to those that can help with the tweets. :)

If they’re in legal arguments, methinks one of these jokers is calling evidence.

I have a funny feeling they are both going to call evidence. There is no doubt in my mind DM will this is 15mins of fame

It concerned me when the Judge kept saying the trial was ahead of schedule and was starting to give the Jury days off. I was thinking that if these 2 take the stand or put up some type of defence this is really going to extend the trial and it'll no longer be a head of schedule. Which is fine by me as I would love to see DM and MS take the stand!

I think MS has to get up and tell his overdose story.

I'll bet the courtroom is packed today!

I don't think it would be wise for either of them to testify, but that's just my unprofessional opinion. They could put forward a defence in other ways. Additionally, neither of them are that wise, so anything is possible.

A narcissist, with undue and unwarranted feelings of superiority, will typically see all others as being inferior. A narcissist is usually a pathological liar, and will layer new lies to explain earlier lies.
So the jury, in DM's mind, would be inferior earthlings to his superior, out of this world intelligence. He will underestimate them.

Based on that, I believe DM will take the stand, and weave a bunch more lies. I don't really look forward to his blather, but I do look forward to the cross examination A few eye-rolls from jurors would be OK too.

Justice Michael Code has called for the jury.

"It's now almost 10:45 a.m., we've been here since 9:30 a.m. trying to iron out a number of logistical issues relating to the defence's case. I didn't want to keep you waiting any longer.

He adds, "We anticipate we will be ready by about 12, if you want to do a walk around and stretch your legs, or have a coffee."

Code says "we need another hour and a quarter" before things get started.

Legal discussions now continue, as the jury has left.

I'll be able to start posting around noon eastern time.

by Shannon Martin 10:48 AM

We are back in court now, no jury just yet. I'll let you know when we can begin.
by Shannon Martin 12:03 PM

I guess nobody has spotted CN in or around the courthouse?

The jury is now here.

Justice Code:

"Mr. Millard are you calling a defence?"

Millard answers, "Yes your honour, I have some evidence to call."

He has three admissions to read into the court.
by Shannon Martin 12:14 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member