Melissa Gilbert: Oliver Stone sexually harassed me at movie audition

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Former "Little House on the Prairie" star Melissa Gilbert is accusing filmmaker Oliver Stone of sexual harassment. Gilbert says she auditioned for "The Doors" movie in 1991 and the three-time Oscar winning director called her back for a second, private audition. Stone allegedly wrote a "special scene" for her to perform and was told to beg for sex on her hands and knees.

http://www.syracuse.com/celebrity-n...a_gilbert_oliver_stone_sexual_harassment.html

Michigander, actress Melissa Gilbert speaks out on alleged sexual harassment by Oliver Stone

Michigander and actress Melissa Gilbert is speaking out about an experience she had with director Oliver Stone.

Melissa Gilbert joined*Megyn Kelly TODAY to talk about a traumatic experience she said she had with director Oliver Stone, alleging that her audition for the movie “The Doors” turned into a demeaning experience that reduced her to tears.*

“I read the script and he asked me to do a scene that he had just written and it was really sexual, very graphic scene,” Gilbert recalled on TODAY.

“The casting woman had left the room. I was alone with him and an actor and he asked me not only to read it, but stage it. To get down on my hands and knees and deliver this really horrendous dialogue. It was really sprung on me and I started to cry. He said, ‘Good that will make it better’ and I left.” ...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/ente...-on-alleged-sexual-harassment-by-oliver-stone

Michigander, actress Melissa Gilbert speaks out on alleged sexual harassment by Oliver Stone

Michigander and actress Melissa Gilbert is speaking out about an experience she had with director Oliver Stone.

Melissa Gilbert joined*Megyn Kelly TODAY to talk about a traumatic experience she said she had with director Oliver Stone, alleging that her audition for the movie “The Doors” turned into a demeaning experience that reduced her to tears.*

“I read the script and he asked me to do a scene that he had just written and it was really sexual, very graphic scene,” Gilbert recalled on TODAY.

“The casting woman had left the room. I was alone with him and an actor and he asked me not only to read it, but stage it. To get down on my hands and knees and deliver this really horrendous dialogue. It was really sprung on me and I started to cry. He said, ‘Good that will make it better’ and I left.” ...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/ente...-on-alleged-sexual-harassment-by-oliver-stone

There's just no excuse for this kind of unprofessional behavior, yet it seems to be common in Hollywood. No wonder there are so few good movies these days. The industry is controlled by a bunch of untalented, sexist jerks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back