IA IA - Dennis Clougherty, 23, Cedar Falls, 12 August 1974

SpeckledCactys

Reaction score
https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/dennis-clougherty/

attachment.php

Dennis Michael Clougherty was hitchhiking his way to Torrington, Wyoming from Madison, Wisconsin to retrieve his motorcycle, while in Cedar Falls, Iowa, someone shot Dennis a total of five times in the chest and left him for dead along Union Road.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/co...cle_4459e8b7-01ce-5141-b027-d3040f3b7219.html

Attachments

• IMG_0543.JPG
    IMG_0543.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 207
I have devoted so much time to finding the man's killer. Please, leave your opinion on this if you feel like it.

Is there any suspect now? If not what is the closest thing to a suspect that they have? Were his relatives investigated? Was there any girlfriend? Was he in debt to someone?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

^^ He did not have a girlfriend. There were never any suspects, but the closest thing they have is that Dennis was last seen with two men in their mid-20s driving a brownish-gold vehicle with a beige interior, this was possibly a four door. I do not believe that money was a motive, but I'm also not certain.

^^ He did not have a girlfriend. There were never any suspects, but the closest thing they have is that Dennis was last seen with two men in their mid-20s driving a brownish-gold vehicle with a beige interior, this was possibly a four door. I do not believe that money was a motive, but I'm also not certain.
They were not able to find those two guys? Do you think they have something to do with it?

^^
Oh yes, they were most definitely the killers. Unless Dennis got dropped off again and then that motorist killed Dennis. I'm surprised that they couldn't track the vehicle.

^^
Oh yes, they were most definitely the killers. Unless Dennis got dropped off again and then that motorist killed Dennis. I'm surprised that they couldn't track the vehicle.
No witness at the cafe where he went with them? No invoices? Credit card used? Phone call made by the individuals? There wasn't any cell phone at that time. I know this has probably been looked at like crazy. But need to start from the beginning here ;)

^^
He went to the cafe by himself, the got picked up, from what I believe. There are a lot of interviews with people who saw him on his last day. But only the police have access to those files. I will look into it more and get back to yo if I find anything.

^^
He went to the cafe by himself, the got picked up, from what I believe. There are a lot of interviews with people who saw him on his last day. But only the police have access to those files. I will look into it more and get back to yo if I find anything.
Perfect. You should post anything you know here. Your theories. Info you gathered.

It's really a shame. The guy was a VietNam vet. He managed to stay alive in the jungle of Viet Nam, with all the vietcongs around, the artillery shells, sniper and so on. And he gets killed for no apparent reason back home.

Do you think police have released all regarding the condition of the body? The time, victim, region and scenario sort of fits the serial killer who murdered Marty Shook and at least one other.

It sounds like you're onto something there, the fact that they never came forward to identify themselves looks suspicious. I hope you don't mind me asking but I have a question; Do you have a personal connection to this case or are you just interested?

It sounds like you're onto something there, the fact that they never came forward to identify themselves looks suspicious. I hope you don't mind me asking but I have a question; Do you have a personal connection to this case or are you just interested?

I've been researching this case since May and haven't really gotten anywhere. No, I'm not involved personally, I'm just really interested.

I have devoted so much time to finding the man's killer. Please, leave your opinion on this if you feel like it.

Why don't you come on my show sometime and let's discuss. To me there are two stories here.

The first is the murder of Dennis and the second you devoting so much time and effort to find this man's killer.

Your story and Dennis' story needs to be told.

Please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Take a look at the top of the page. See the black box with the white lettering in the middle of the page?

I will be texting and putting this information on our Facebook page

Bumping again?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail