CANADA Canada - Carmel Gilmour, 36, Parksville, BC, 15 Nov 2017

Dalagali

Reaction score
NANAIMO — The discovery of an abandoned van has police turning to the public for help finding a missing woman.

Oceanside RCMP said 36-year-old Carmel Gilmour was last seen in Parksville on Nov. 15 while driving her van.

Nearly a week later, the same van was reported abandoned by a Qualicum Beach resident on Nov. 21 with Gilmour nowhere to be found.

She's Caucasian with long brown hair and hazel eyes, standing 5'6" with a medium build.

If anyone has seen her or knows where she may be, they're urged to call Oceanside RCMP.

http://nanaimonewsnow.com/article/5...oceanside-woman-after-her-abandoned-van-found

http://nanaimonewsnow.com/sites/def.../field/image/Carmel Gilmour.jpg?itok=zsMeBP9M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snipped...
..."It appears that she was down on her luck and possibly living in that van because it was full of many personal belongings," said Cpl. Foreman.

"We found it unlocked and out of gas. So what we're curious about after canvassing all that whole neighbourhood and area and talking to everyone that might have seen something and we've come up sort of empty on that is did anybody see a lady hitchhiking perhaps? Or with a gas can in her hand or anything like that? Because at this point we have zero leads as to where this young lady is," said Foreman.

Where is Carmel???

:candle:

B.C. RCMP - Still Searching for Answers

Still Searching for Answers
Oceanside

2018-02-27 10:36 PST

File # 2017-10474-2

The Oceanside RCMP continue to investigate the disappearance of 36 year old Carmel Georgina GILMOUR. Unfortunately, all tips and information has been thoroughly investigated by the RCMP and still, GILMOUR remains unaccounted for.

See original media release here

60431_thumbnail_1.jpg

Photo of Carmel GILMOUR

If you have any information that could help, please do not hesitate to call Cst. NARDI at (250) 248-6111, or report anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Released by

Cpl. Jesse Foreman

NCO i/c Community Policing
Oceanside RCMP
oceanside.bc.rcmp.ca
727 West Island Highway, Parksville BC V9P 1B9
Office: 250-248-6111 extension 245
Email: bcrcmp@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Jun. 11, 2020
Investigation continues into 2017 disappearance of Parksville’s Carmel Gilmour - Vancouver Island Free Daily
>
21805836_web1_carmel-gilmour-web.jpg

Oceanside RCMP are still searching for clues on the whereabouts of Carmel Gilmour. (Submitted photo)
''She is described as caucasian, with short brown hair, hazel eyes, five-foot-six and with a medium build. She spent most of her time in the Parksville Qualicum Beach area.''

“The odd tip still trickles in. Hopefully we get a piece of information to crack that case,” said Foreman.

If anyone has any information that could help, call the Oceanside RCMP at 250-248-6111, or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.''

This case has ended up in Located Persons, even though Carmel seems to still be missing. I'll report this post to alert a mod.

Island mom determined to find missing daughter - Victoria Times Colonist
''Gilmour goes to the local soup kitchen twice a week just to listen to people, in hopes of hearing something about her daughter. She speaks to people living on the street in case they know anything.

“I keep my ears wide open and my mouth wide shut,” she said.

The day before Carmel’s 38th birthday, on June 20 this year, Gilmour posted in a Parksville-area Facebook group asking for anyone with information about her daughter to come forward. She received a message from a woman who thought she had seen Carmel in a bookstore in Victoria about six months before, so Gilmour travelled down to investigate. She took photos and posters, but the store owners didn’t seem to know Carmel.

Gilmour said it’s difficult not knowing what happened to her daughter. “On a scale of one to 10, it’s a 12,” she said. “It’s kind of like the tide. You know, the tide comes in. I hear something from someone, so I pursue that — sometimes obsessively.”

Anyone with information about Carmel can contact Oceanside RCMP at 250-248-6111.''

Unfortunately she is still missing. I am an investigator currently working with her mother. Hopefully we will be able to find some answers for Carmel as well as the many other missing people from Vancouver Island. If anyone has any information about anything strange or any rumours on Vancouver Island, I would love to hear about it. No information is bad information.

Dec. 8, 2022
1674451900626.png
“There is a faction of people certainly in our community that appear to be preying on the homeless. My daughter was a homeless drug addict living in her van when she went missing,” said Barbara Gilmour.

Barbara said she wants to know what happened.

“I’m constantly looking for answers and my eyes are always open and my ears are always open and I speak with many people about this.”

She’s pleading for anyone with information to tell the police.

Police say they have no solid information that there’s criminality related to Carmel’s disappearance.''

New interview with Carmel's mother. And also, link to a podcast done in Nov 23.

1707649878932.jpeg
For the past seven years, the Parksville mother has done everything she can to find her daughter Carmel, who disappeared in November 2017.

Gilmour is under no illusion she will find her daughter alive. Carmel, 36, was a mother of two, and also an addict who hung around with dangerous people living in a homeless encampment near Parksville.

Gilmour believes Carmel was murdered or died of a drug overdose that someone covered up.

“I will not torture myself with 20 years of searching,” she said. “I don’t believe it’s a missing person’s case. At this point, I think it’s going to be DNA.”

Though she speaks matter-of-factly, losing her daughter has been devastating for Gilmour. She said she has often been approached by townspeople who tell her of their dreams and visions of Carmel.

“It’s agony. There are times I want to move out of this town because it tortures me,” she said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back