TX TX - Amber Smith, 28, Seguin, 29 Jan 2006

fourboys

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelsmissing.com
Seguin Mother Of 2 Missing

POSTED: January 30, 2006

SAN ANTONIO -- Seguin police are trying to figure out Monday how a 28-year-old mother of two suddenly disappeared.

Amber Lynn Smith was reported missing at 7 a.m. on Sunday by family members after they found the woman's 2-month-old and 4-year-old children home alone.

Smith was last seen around 7 a.m. on Saturday.

Smith's car and all her belongings were not missing when police began their investigation.

Police said that family members told them that it was unlike Smith to leave her children behind.

"She just wouldn't disappear," said Detective Maureen Watson, of the Seguin Police Department. "She wouldn't leave without any contact with them. She's very close to her family. So, this is really worrying us."

Police have interviewed Smith's common-law husband, who was not at home when she was reported missing.

Smith is 5-foot 3-inches tall and weighs about 100 pounds. She has blue eyes and shoulder-length brown hair with blond highlights that is usually worn in a ponytail.

Anyone with information is urged to call the Seguin Police Department at (830) 379-2123.

Photo at link:

http://www.ksat.com/news/6584931/detail.html#

Missing Seguin woman's kin hope for her return

Posted: 02/03/2006

Family members of Amber Lyn Smith, missing from Seguin since Saturday, said they desperately are clinging to hope she will be found alive and that they would be shocked if her boyfriend had anything to do with her disappearance.

"We are trying our best to stay positive, but each day that goes by, the harder it gets," said her sister Allison Scheffel.

Smith's live-in boyfriend, Ronnie James, 26, reported he last saw Smith at 10 p.m. Saturday as he left for a night of partying. When he returned to their home on Aldama Street about 7 a.m. Sunday, her two sons, ages 4 and 1 month, were home alone.

James was arrested on an unrelated misdemeanor warrant and was still in the Guadalupe County Jail on Thursday.

He initially was held without bond on a charge of violation of probation for driving with a suspended license. He was released on that charge Thursday, but held on other local misdemeanor warrants.

He is to be released if he pays $2,000 in fines he owes, a jail worker said. Otherwise he will have to serve 30 days in jail.

Continued:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/sto...n.1c733e0e.html

Family calls for clues in woman's disappearance

February 3, 2006

The family of a missing mother made an emotional plea for help Friday afternoon.

Police say Amber Lyn Smith, 28, was last seen at her home in Seguin Saturday night. Her children, ages 1 and 4, were left home alone.

"I feel like my child couldn't be dead," said Cyndy Scheffel, Smith's mother. "She's gonna come back to her children. We just want her to come home."

Police have been searching for the woman, but they have failed to turn up any leads. They say they will begin again next week searching for Smith.

"What we're really doing now is focusing everything. We're focusing trying to develop areas where out search can be narrowed," said Maureen Watson, Seguin Police Department.

Smith was reported missing by her common-law husband Ronnie Lyn James. he found her two children alone when he returned home early Sunday morning.

He is not considered a suspect at this time. However, he has been arrested on an outstanding warrant for driving on a suspended license.

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/020306kvuemissingmother-cb.69719623.html

This another terrible case. One with all points pointing to the BF. Why can't differences be resolved in another way?

concernedperson said:
This another terrible case. One with all points pointing to the BF. Why can't differences be resolved in another way?

I wonder if they had been having problems and she wanted out. He goes out partying and comes home to find the kids alone. I wonder if he has a real alibi like people he was partying with all night. Sounds odd that he would leave at 10:00 at night and stay gone until 7:00 the next morning. Sounds like that alone could have caused a big fight. I hope LE has checked this guy up one side and down the other.

I've noticed that LE throws a lot of these guys in jail for one thing or another while they work the case. Most of them end up guilty of the murder.

Cyndy Scheffel said she just wants to hear from her daughter. Authorities said the last time anyone spoke with Smith was late Saturday.

"We talked at midnight and everything was fine," said Smith's sister, Allison Scheffel. "We talked on a daily basis, two or three times a day."

Smith's common-law husband told police that Smith was gone when he returned home Sunday morning from a night of partying. He said the couple's 4-year-old and 1-month old sons were left alone in the house.

Seguin police investigators said they're following leads and interviewing people to narrow their focus. Smith's common-law husband is said to be cooperating with police.

"As every day goes by, as every hour passes, we grow more concerned for her safety," said Detective Sgt. Maureen Watson, of the Seguin Police Department.

The Texas Department of Safety Crime Lab is evaluating evidence taken from her home and car.
http://www.ksat.com/news/6721094/detail.html
:( I feel so sad for her family.I hope they get enough evidence to charge husband if he did it so they can get him to tell where she is.

There seems to be some conflicting information.

Most articles state that "a family member" reported her missing at 7 a.m. when they went to the house and her children were there and she was not. Those articles state her boyfriend was not in the home at the time.

Other articles state that he returned around 7 a.m. Sunday and found that she was not there.

This really sounds not very hopeful for her. Prayers she is found alive.

Woman's Body Found In Guadalupe County

Missing Woman's Family Fearing Worst

SAN ANTONIO -- The body of a woman was found Thursday in a remote area of Guadalupe County.

...Authorities did contact the family of Amber Lyn Smith, of Seguin, about the discovery.
Smith has been missing since Jan. 28, when she was reported missing by her common-law husband.

More: http://www.ksat.com/news/7148490/detail.html?rss=ant&psp=news

PrayersForMaura said:
Woman's Body Found In Guadalupe County

Missing Woman's Family Fearing Worst

SAN ANTONIO -- The body of a woman was found Thursday in a remote area of Guadalupe County.

...Authorities did contact the family of Amber Lyn Smith, of Seguin, about the discovery.
Smith has been missing since Jan. 28, when she was reported missing by her common-law husband.

More: http://www.ksat.com/news/7148490/detail.html?rss=ant&psp=news
This thread has been moved to "located", but the body has not been identified yet. Do you know something we don't mods?? :waitasec:

:( I hope they really check his family out that are saying he was with them.
this was in the newsarticle from previous post.
(Watson said Smith's common-law husband, Ronnie Lynn James, called authorities the next morning to report her missing. He told police that he was staying with other family that night, Watson said. )

I wonder why he went out "partying", was this normal, and has his alibi has been checked. I know they now consider hiim a POI. I'm also curious as to what kind of relationship her and her common-law had. Are they his kids? In one article is says his kids, the rest say her kids.

Seguin Police: Decomposed Body Found Is That Of Missing Woman

Smith's Body Found Underneath Bridge

SAN ANTONIO -- Seguin police said Friday that a body found in Guadalupe County is that of a missing mother of two.
Dental records, DNA and tattoos helped authorities identify the decomposed body as that of Amber Lyn Smith, who had been missing since Jan. 28.

Among the tattoos was one that had the name of Smith's common-law-husband, Ronnie James, on it. Police said they consider James a person of interest. James reported Smith missing following a night of partying. Her 1-month-old and 4-year-old children were home alone at the time.

More: http://www.ksat.com/news/7148490/detail.html

http://seguingazette.com/story.lasso?ewcd=b849a159c4061ea2
By Ron Maloney
The Gazette-Enterprise
Published January 27, 2008 - Updated 25 minutes ago
If Watts, San Miguel or Detective Sgt. Jerry Hernandez have a suspect in the case, they’ve never publicly said. The only person ever identified as a “person of interest,” Smith’s boyfriend, Ronnie Lynn James, has never been named as a suspect, arrested or charged in connection with the killing.

San Miguel will not say what leads officers are now pursuing in the case. What he does acknowledge, though, is they could use a little more help.

“Someone knows something about this case or saw something they might not think is important but is important to our investigation and we want to hear from them,” San Miguel said. “We want to hear from anyone, anywhere who thinks they possibly have information. Hopefully, with the public’s help, if someone comes forward with the information we need, we can solve this for this family.”

(more at link)

:(

It's sad .. I suppose they all are - but I guess since it's close to home it's more of an impact..

There is a serious lack of info here...no details at all? Usually LE will offer some information or it gets leaked. Was her door unlocked, a window broken, do they have any theories on how she was taken? Anything stolen from the home? If live in BF was out all night partying then others must have known she was home alone.

Listed as a cold case by the Texas Rangers:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/TexasRangers/UnsolvedHomicides/Details.aspx?&id=79

Amber Lyn Smith (28 years of age) was a mother, beloved daughter and cherished sister. During the morning of January 29, 2006, her live-in boyfriend discovered she was missing from her home in Seguin, Texas. Early details revealed Amber's purse and identification remained at her home where her boyfriend reported finding her two sons unattended and unharmed.

Her body was discovered nearly two and a half weeks later placed under a bridge along FM 725 in Guadalupe County. An autopsy ruled the manner of death as homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back