Weight: 97 lbs.
Hair Color: Dyed Blonde
Eye Color: Brown
Race: Biracial - Black/White/Hispanic
Clothing: Black jacket, white shirt, black & white sweater,
gray sweatpants, white shoes.
Case Number: 02-3140429

Details of Disappearance
Hooks was last seen on Puyallup Avenue in Tacoma on the night of November 6, and may have tried to call her family a week later, on November 14. Ms Honey-Hooks was known to frequent the SeaTac strip and the Pioneer Square area of Seattle. She may have been seen on Pacific Highway in the city of SeaTac in mid-December. Detectives fear she may have become the victim of foul play through her involvement with drugs and prostitution.
hooks_debra[1].jpghooks_debra2[1].jpg
http://www.nampn.org/cases/hooks_debra.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1048uftn.html

Date of Discovery: March 25, 2003
Location of Discovery: Alcoa, Blount County, Tennessee
Estimated Date of Death: 8 months to 4 years prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 17-25 years old
Race: Black
Height: 5'4" to 5'10"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Black with synthetic hair woven into the natural hair. A portion of a braid was also located.
Eye Color: Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Extremely protruding front teeth (almost horizontal) with 2 left incisors missing prior to her death.

Dentals: Available. Mandible missing. Nine maxillary teeth present with no restorations. Extremely protuding anterior teeth (almost horizontal) with both left incisors missing before death.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: mtDNA and nucDNA available with FBI laboratory.
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Sleeveless T-shirt with "I Don't Need a Great Deal of Love, Just a Steady Supply" on the front, a blue fleece hoodie jacket, and a waistband. The T-shirt cannot be conclusively associated to the victim but it was recovered with her remains. Additionally, clothing with a tag that could be attributed to scrubs were also located.

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History
Surveyors found the victim's scattered skeletal remains in drainage creek behind Alice's Bar at the intersection of North Wright Road and Cusick Road.
One theory is that she may have been from further north and was a victim of a truck driver serial killing.

I wish there was a better pic of Debra's teeth...looks like the JD had pretty distinctive teeth with a couple missing and a couple that were almost horizontal. Debra's a lot younger than the JD but I know age estimations can be off.

This is likely a very uncommon combination of areas to be familiar with -Tacoma, WA and Alcoa, TN. I have spent time in both and the one thing I can see they have in common or did in the early 2000's is crack. The areas Debra frequented, especially Pioneer Square and SeaTac had a lot during that time. Alcoa, TN is far away but that place the Doe was found is a sort of seedy area (as most areas are that are big strips along airports). Alcoa is an odd place -it's sort of a twin city with Maryville but they're very racially divided. Maryville is more white and Alcoa has a larger African American community.

With Debra being biracial she would have African American characteristics but I'm not sure I see a strong resemblance with this Doe.

This is likely a very uncommon combination of areas to be familiar with -Tacoma, WA and Alcoa, TN. I have spent time in both and the one thing I can see they have in common or did in the early 2000's is crack. The areas Debra frequented, especially Pioneer Square and SeaTac had a lot during that time. Alcoa, TN is far away but that place the Doe was found is a sort of seedy area (as most areas are that are big strips along airports). Alcoa is an odd place -it's sort of a twin city with Maryville but they're very racially divided. Maryville is more white and Alcoa has a larger African American community.

With Debra being biracial she would have African American characteristics but I'm not sure I see a strong resemblance with this Doe.

Great bit of info about the location she hung out in and the location the jane doe was found .. Thank you!.. what stood out to me on this Jane Doe was what it mentioned about her teeth ( Extremely protuding anterior teeth (almost horizontal) ) which sort of reminded me of Debra's teeth..

Her age is older than the estimated Jane Does death... I think this was almost a shot in the dark you know

Great bit of info about the location she hung out in and the location the jane doe was found .. Thank you!.. what stood out to me on this Jane Doe was what it mentioned about her teeth ( Extremely protuding anterior teeth (almost horizontal) ) which sort of reminded me of Debra's teeth..

Her age is older than the estimated Jane Does death... I think this was almost a shot in the dark you know

I do see what you mean about the teeth now that I look closely. I tried to dig a little on her and where she may have had connections to. She has a sister who is now in New Jersey and her ex or child's father (who I could see in child support cases from 82-86 https://linxonline.co.pierce.wa.us/linxweb/Case/CivilCase.cfm?cause_num=86-3-03627-9) is now in Maryland and has also lived in Virginia.

Vanished: Search for five women missing in Tacoma includes possibility of a serial killer

Missing: Debra Honey

Debra is considered a missing or kidnapped person with evidence of foul play.
She was born on March. 30, 1961. She is 5'7", and weighed 97 pounds at the time of her disappearance.
She was last seen at 3565 East K Street.

http://q13fox.com/2017/11/29/vanish...coma-includes-possibility-of-a-serial-killer/

A new Facebook page has been created in the search for Debra. And she has been sighted in Tacoma.

Debra Honey Missing & Endangered

"Debra was possibly sighted in South and East Tacoma recently. She has not been seen since November of 2002. She has children who have worried about her for way too long.
She is 5' 8 1/2", and weighed 97 pounds at the time of her disappearance. She was known to frequent the 72nd Street Pub in Tacoma, the SeaTac strip, and the Pioneer Square area of Seattle.

If you have any information that can help locate her, call Tacoma Police or the Washington State Patrol’s Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit at 1-800-543-5678 or email them at MUPU@WSP.WA.GOV"

Lots of people commenting stating that they have seen Debra very recently. Really seems like this one is solvable and may have somewhat of a happy ending.

Updated Charley Project link - Debra Ann Honey-Hooks – The Charley Project

Vi56tmo.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288