PA - Kevin Cullen, 57, beaten to death, Philadelphia, 26 Nov 2017

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
This is absolutely atrocious. Words fail at the brutality of these young people. They hit his head so hard on the side of the building that residents there could feel it. The poor man never had a chance against this murderous gang.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/c...s-death-holmesburg-philadelphia-20171128.html

Kevin Cullen had long battled his internal demons, struggling with alcohol and living a transient life around Mayfair. His family acknowledges that.

But they didn’t expect the 57-year-old’s life to end as it did this week, when a group of teens allegedly beat him on a sidewalk around the corner from his childhood home, emptying his pockets and leaving him for dead.

Kevin Cullen, in an old family photo. Click image for a larger version.

dixon-269168-f-wp-content-uploads-2017-11-922896_c3aae14a79c5f69-e1511892507609-1200x800.jpg

awful
I hope they're all caught and prosecuted

He's homeless, living on the streets, and they still call themselves his family. [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

From Joe's link^: Tom said since their father passed away 11 years ago, Kevin had a particularly difficult time and had his demons. But Tom said he was always in his family's hearts.

"We didn't get to see him too often. He would come in and out of our lives," Cullen said. "He was not abandoned, he was not unloved. He was loved deeply."

No one deserves this. No one. So very sad for you, Mr. Cullen, and those who loved you.

These kids were 14, 16 and 17, charged with murder. Beyond disgusting.

14, 16 and 17 charged as adults for murder.
It breaks my heart but I can't think of any alternative.

RIP Mr. Cullen

From Joe's link^: Tom said since their father passed away 11 years ago, Kevin had a particularly difficult time and had his demons. But Tom said he was always in his family's hearts.

"We didn't get to see him too often. He would come in and out of our lives," Cullen said. "He was not abandoned, he was not unloved. He was loved deeply."

No one deserves this. No one. So very sad for you, Mr. Cullen, and those who loved you.

These kids were 14, 16 and 17, charged with murder. Beyond disgusting.

Pure evil. They were laughing as they beat this man's skull in. It could happen to any of us walking about.

Just put them away and be done with it.

but how... how do we stop this from happening again? and again and again and again...

Ugh, no need to answer, just one of those days...

Wow, I have been up in that area during my college days, staying at friend's house in Mayfair. I grew up in Philly part of my life, and I hate to say it, but I am not surprised at the story, as I have seen a lot of those streets.

It's terrible that they killed this guy. There really isn't much to say, except the "kids" must pay for their crime. You can't have those punks walking the streets. End of story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back