Garrison Keillor fired over improper behavior allegations

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Garrison Keillor fired over improper behavior allegations
Radio host retired from show in 2016

MINNEAPOLIS - Garrison Keillor, the*retired*host of "A Prairie Home Companion," says Minnesota Public Radio fired him over allegations of improper behavior, The Associated Press reports.

Keillor, 75, wrote in a statement to the AP he was fired over, "a story that I think is more interesting and more complicated than the version MPR heard."

In July 2016, Keillor performed his final show at the Hollywood Bowl and turned the show over to Chris Thile...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/ente...llor-fired-over-improper-behavior-allegations

Jeez. Every day it's a new case of this. It's really disturbing, but I'm glad people are coming forward.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

^ I'm not even looking for these stories. I just keep getting email alerts about them from local TV WDIV (Detroit) :D

Maybe his senator, Al "I'm so sorry" Franken, can give him some tips.

Garrison Keillor fired by Minnesota Public Radio for ‘inappropriate behavior’
by Corky Siemaszko

Garrison Keillor, the folksy former host and creator of "A Prairie Home Companion," has been fired by Minnesota Public Radio over "allegations of his inappropriate behavior with an individual who worked with him."

"Garrison Keillor has been an important part of the growth and success of MPR, and all of us in the MPR community are saddened by these circumstances," MPR president Jon McTaggart said Wednesday.

"While we appreciate the contributions Garrison has made to MPR and to all of public radio, we believe this decision is the right thing to do and is necessary to continue to earn the trust of our audiences, employees and supporters of our public service." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...a-public-radio-inappropriate-behavior-n824966

Thanks for the link here, Bette. I didn't know a thread had been started for Garrison when I posted today's other thread for Matt Lauer. Geez. What a day. What a month. What a year it has been.

jmo

Garrison Keillor fired by MPR: 'I put my hand on a woman's bare back,' he says

"I put my hand on a woman's bare back," he told the Star Tribune by e-mail minutes after MPR's statement. "I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called."

http://m.startribune.com/garrison-keillor-reportedly-fired-for-improper-behavior/460802703/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back