WA WA - Jennifer Brinkman,19, mentality of 13, murdered, Marysville,1998 *Jeffrey Paul Premo, 52*

Hathor16

Reaction score
On March 21st 1989 Jennifers father came home from a trip to discover his 19yo daughter murdered in her room. Jennifer was a sweet overly trusting young lady with a slight mental handy cap,putting her mental age at that of a 13yo. There was no forced entery and the murder weapon was an axe from in the residence. The killer had chopped her throat and evidence of a struggle was determined during autopsy. DNA was found with no matches. Jennifer had recently moved to Marysville Wa, and had no known friends, although she was very friendly with strangers. Apparently there are a few poi's and police believe the killer probably talked about the crime.
15b57d15c86ecc83ecf57fd9ba2b9e44.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Correction: This happened in March of 1998, not 1989 as stated in the post's title. Mods, can you correct this?

Something I noticed on the above flyer from the city police department: It notes that Jennifer's father, who found her body, died on the 13th anniversary of her death.

A 2001 article from the local newspaper: Marysville Globe March 21 Page 1

Bumping for Jennifer.

From the 2010 article linked above: "A great deal of potential evidence was collected from the crime scene. The Washington State Patrol crime lab was able to develop a DNA profile of an unknown man who may be involved in the homicide. As of today, nearly 12 years later, no match has ever been located for that DNA profile."

Surely there is more advanced genealogical technology now that could help solve this case?

Finally, an arrest!

"Twenty-four years after Jennifer Brinkman was found dead in her Marysville home, police arrested a suspect in the investigation of her murder this week. On Monday, Marysville detectives arrested a 52-year-old man. He is a suspect in the cold case homicide of Brinkman, then 19."

Finally, an arrest!

"Twenty-four years after Jennifer Brinkman was found dead in her Marysville home, police arrested a suspect in the investigation of her murder this week. On Monday, Marysville detectives arrested a 52-year-old man. He is a suspect in the cold case homicide of Brinkman, then 19."

I live in this area. Great work detectives!

Local police commander says the case is considered closed! I'm so happy Jennifer's family will have resolution after all these years.

"A man accused of killing a 19-year-old woman in Marysville in 1998 was arrested Monday, bringing closure to a 24-year-old cold case.“It’s one of those things where it never leaves your thought process because it continues to be unsolved,” said Commander Robb Lamoureux, who was the original case detective and worked it for nine months. “It wasn’t until yesterday when we made the arrest and I was sitting at home thinking about it that it really hit that we’ve got a conclusion to this and we’re finally able to put it on a shelf and have some closure not only for us as investigators who have been involved in it but the family and the community.”"

This article also has a little more information on how DNA helped solve it. "Parabon NanoLabs, which offers genetic genealogy services, processed the DNA in 2020. Based on the results, police got a search warrant for the suspect’s DNA, which he gave voluntarily. The suspect’s DNA was a match to that found at the crime scene."

Oh wow, this is just amazing! It's these little known cases, with so little information that wreck me. I didn't even know there'd been an arrest until I came back on here.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back