ABCs Brian Ross Suspended

During a live "special report" Friday morning, Ross reported that Flynn would testify that Donald Trump had ordered him to make contact with Russians about foreign policy while he was still a candidate. The report raised the specter of Trump's impeachment and sent the stock market plummeting.

Later in the day, ABC issued a "clarification" to Ross's report, saying that Trump's alleged directive came after he'd been elected president. Ross himself appeared on "World News Tonight," several hours after the initial report, to clarify his error.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-over-serious-error-in-trumpflynn-report.html

ABC News president excoriates staff over Brian Ross' Michael Flynn error

During ABC News' morning editorial call Monday, audio of which was obtained by CNN, Goldston excoriated his staff for the error.

"I don't think ever in my career have I felt more rage and disappointment and frustration that I felt through this weekend and through the last half of Friday," Goldston said.
"I don't even know how many times we've talked about this, how many times we have talked about the need to get it right," he added. "That how we have to be right and not first. About how in this particular moment, with the stakes as high as these stakes are right now, we cannot afford to get it wrong."

CNN provided the quotes from the recording included in this article to an ABC News spokesperson, who did not deny that they were authentic. The spokesperson declined to comment beyond Goldston's remarks.

"250,000 tweets. One percent positive, 99 percent negative about this news division. Two tweets from the president," he told staff.

Goldston also said, "If it isn't obvious to everyone in this news division, we have taken a huge hit and we have made the job of every single person in this news division harder as a result. It's much, much harder. We have people in Washington who are going to bear the brunt of this today and in the days forward. Very, very, very, very unfortunate. Really, really angry about it."

The ABC News chief said that Ross reported information that was "just plain wrong," and did so without anyone "having ever made a decision that we were going to go to air with that information."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/04/media/abc-news-president-brian-ross-flynn-correction/index.html

ABC says Ross will no longer cover stories involving Trump

Suspended ABC News reporter Brian Ross will no longer cover stories involving President Donald Trump following his erroneous report last Friday on former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

The network on Tuesday confirmed the order by ABC News President James Goldston, who expressed his anger over the error on an internal phone call that was leaked to CNN.

Ross was suspended for four weeks without pay over the weekend. He had reported incorrectly that Trump, when he was still a candidate for president, had told Flynn to make contact with the Russians. Instead, Ross later said that Trump's instructions came when he was president-elect, not a candidate.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...nger-cover-stories-involving-trump/923132001/

The most interesting question is why wasn't Brian Ross fired. This isn't an innocent error, or the first time he's done this. This is precisely why such a large swath of the public no longer trust the media.

Brian Ross is an investigative reporting star. But he’s made some staggering blunders.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...2589434a581_story.html?utm_term=.f433c2bfe95a

Fired? They knew what they were doing. It was probably all planned and intentional. I wouldn't be surprised that he made $ for the ordeal "under the table."

It was nice for him to get the holiday's off. Without pay but still, a nice time of year for it to happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back