Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaredtopost

Reaction score
*UPDATE* MOTHER'S BOYFRIEND ARRESTED MARIAH PRESUMED DEAD
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO

http://www.witn.com/content/news/Search-underway-for-missing-toddler-in-Onslow-County-460279893.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tlcya - ETA IMAGE OF MISSING CHILD

attachment.php

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Previous Thread #6

Attachments

• mariah2.jpg
    mariah2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 232
Man accused of moving the body of 3-year-old Mariah Woods held on $1 million bail
By M.L. NESTEL
Dec 4, 2017

Earl Kimrey, the man charged with withholding information from North Carolina investigators who were searching for 3-year-old Mariah Woods, appeared before a North Carolina judge on Monday. Mariah was found dead over the weekend in a creek after an extensive search that included FBI officials.

Kimrey, the 32-year-old live-in boyfriend of Mariah's mother, Kristy Woods, answered all of the judge's questions and was held in the Onslow County Detention Center on $1 million bail. His next court appearance is Dec. 18.

Documents: Missing toddler sexually abused

The document lists several acts of abuse, including accusing Adolphus Earl Kimrey of hitting the boys with a belt and one of them in the face, causing a nosebleed, and sexual abuse against 3-year-old Mariah.

One of the brothers said Kristy Woods, the children’s mother, knew of the sexual abuse and that she allegedly “failed to protect the juveniles from exposure to sexual abuse,” according to the document.

YouTube Video

As per Tricia the mother is no longer considered a victim and we are allowing discussion of the YouTube video. "The tooth paste is out of the tube" so to speak.

That being said, NO name calling or descriptive posts wishing her the torture chamber or along those lines. Websleuths does not roll like that. PERIOD.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation on this.

Dear Websleuths Members,

HLN's Ashleigh Banfield somehow received an actual CPS report about Mariah's family.

According to the official report, Mariah's brother said the boyfriend did sexually abuse her, and saw it happen.

The boys also told CPS that the boyfriend, Earl Kimery, beat them.

According to the report, the boys say their mom knew.

While Mariah's mother Kristy Woods, has not been charged she is no longer considered an innocent victim in this case.

PLEASE DO NOT START CALLING ANYONE NAMES OR DESCRIBING HOW YOU WANT THEM TO DIE. IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE TIMED OUT. NO MORE WARNINGS.

As emotional as this case is we need to keep the case discussion going. When you post your description of what you want to happen to a perp, or you start calling people names, you bring the case discussion to a halt.

While I agree with everyone's sentiment it has no place in this discussion.

Otherwise, you can discuss Kristy Wood. You can sleuth her background. You can use what is in the report as reported by Ashleigh Banfield but please be sure you stick to the parts of the report that are actually from the CPS report. Banfield tends to add her opinion and make it sound like fact.

Please do not make more work for our already overworked mods. Remember the rules

Thank you,

Tricia

I was just fixin to ask a question about this. I was wondering how dad had a copy of the report. Here in NJ, so far as I am aware, CPS doesn't release their reports to ANYONE, they are kept strictly confidential, even from a reporting parent. The only thing a reporting parent gets is a file # and they have to call their case worker to find out what's going on with their case.

On a separate note, I wonder how releasing this report to media is going to impact bio-dad's chances of getting his boys back. Frankly, if I were a judge this type of behavior might give me pause to consider if sending the boys to stay with bio-dad would be a good idea.

Wow. No in most states the parents are given the full reports. They are parties to the case so it would be a due process violation not to release the claims and allegations concerning their family, to them. I'm not sure how NJ gets around that.

That is my concern that he's jeopardized his own chances of the boys being placed with him. I do think he's probably doing this out of pain and not any intention to hurt the boys, but he's not showing himself to be very responsible at this time. If the boys are placed with him he has to focus 100% on them, not on his anger.

The problem is that feeling on the periphery of all of this might be aggravating things and motivating him to release something like this or get on the phone to NG. If the boys had been with AW this weekend, then he probably would have found it easier to tell the media to go away, especially if he had professional victim support with him and child psychologists giving him advice on how to care for them at this terribly difficult time for them. For instance a child psychologist and victim support worker would be telling him that anything those boys reveal does not go straight to the media but to them and the DA. And if he doesn't have those people there with him and giving him that advice it's a bit twisted that he's probably going to be expected to be behaving as though he did...yet I do expect that the court won't take that into consideration.

And I am not saying he *should* have the boys with him, he does come across as if he genuinely loves them and is in a lot of pain for them and for the loss of Mariah, and if there's no good reason why he shouldn't have the boys at this time, or at some time in the future, then I do hope it can happen. They need to know they haven't been abandoned willingly by their dad on top of all of this stuff with their mom and the loss of their sister in such a horrible way, and I think they deserve to know him if he hasn't done anything bad to them.

I don't think this is about his anger. I think it's about his fear.

Mom had better be arrested soon. LE has to believe all of what the boys said if they believe any of it, imo...didn't they also say she was there?

They can take their time. The kids are safe for now.

From what I understand,CPS was not aware of the SA abuse before Mariah went missing. The boys told them when they were being questioned.

Well, I'm not so sure about that. The girlfriend of dad stated they suspected sexual abuse previously but no one would listen and the kids were returned to mom.

I don't know if I'm right or not, but I would think that in this situation where police are considering whether or not parents might have involvement in a child's disappearance, that when questioning siblings police would need a responsible adult present, and that adult could be someone from CPS?

I have zero doubt that the way things went down is LE interviewed the kids and THEN called CPS due to what they stated. So CPS took emergency custody.

Has it been said where EK was when he was arrested?

Could you explain what you mean about the dressers? Are you saying Mariah's mom posted on Craigslist or something similar asking to buy dressers? I don't understand the connection - are you saying someone responded and then Earl stole the dressers that they offered for sale?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What I get from her post is that the listing to find dressers meant they had a need for two a couple of weeks before. Then EK found an opportunity to steal a couple instead of finding some to buy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There is so much to sift through in this case that it is hard to stay current with what the situation truthfully is at this point.

This is what I know: So far the only person charged in Mariah's disappearance and death is EK and he is only being charged with concealing and disposing her body.

Websleuths is allowing posts regarding to released cps documents which state there was indeed absuse in the home of KH and EK. Since websleuths is allowing discussion about this is it safe to assume that these documents are the real deal.

Do ya'll think that they will seal the autopsy results like they did in the case of LB and AW?

TIA

(This is very, very o/t, but wanted to share with you guys since we are of like minds as far as our passion for these victims and interest in these cases here goes.

Last night I was watching an old episode of Forensic Files and the case featured was about a 11 year old boy named Christopher Wood. He was murdered by his biological father for the $80,000 life insurance. They were able to nail the father because they found small spots of Christopher's vomit...the grains in his breakfast cereal were analyzed under a microscope and this was important to the case, hence the name of the episode "Cereal Killing".

My point is just an observation that we see very often cases involving the mom's boyfriend, sexual predators, etc but I thought it was a fairly unique case that the biodad murdered his own son strictly for money then put him in a trash can then dumped him on the side of the road, just as some nonparents/predators have done.

Eta, found an old link from 1999:

Did Boy Pay Deadly Price For Father's Debts? -- Money Mattered Most To Man Accused Of Killing Son For Insurance, Accusers Say
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19990309&slug=2948477 )

One thing I can say about grief is that there is no playbook. I have lost several close family members and numerous friends (none to murder but lots of horrible diseases, accidents, etc.). There. Is. No. Playbook. What works for some and is comforting may be horrible for someone else. Sure there are "norms" but there really isn't a right way to grieve. And that is under "normal" circumstances. Add in any of the craziness of this case and ... well ... I am just going to not judge anyone on how they handle their grief.

That said, we are here on this thread because of one little girl. Something about this case sparked our interest, pricked our heart or lead us here to this forum. I've read some horrible personal experiences on here that feel like a kick in the gut. Hugs to you that have shared your past. I hugged my own kids a little tighter. And if this board represents a snap shot of society, there is a lot of abuse and horror out there.

But this thread is about justice for Mariah. Period. May she rest in peace and may justice prevail.

(This is very, very o/t, but wanted to share with you guys since we are of like minds as far as our passion for these victims/interest in thesemployment cases here goes.

Last night I was watching an old episode of Forensic Files and the case featured was about a 11 year old boy named Christopher Wood. He was murdered by his biological father for the $80,000 life insurance. They were able to nail the father because they found small spots of Christopher's vomit...the grains in his breakfast cereal were analyzed under a microscope and this was important to the case.

My point is just an observation that we see very often cases involving the mom's boyfriend, sexual predators, etc but I thought it was a fairly unique case that the biodad murdered his own son strictly for money then put him in a trash can then dumped him on the side of the road, just as some nonparentsort have done.

Did Boy Pay Deadly Price For Father's Debts? -- Money Mattered Most To Man Accused Of Killing Son For Insurance, Accusers Say
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19990309&slug=2948477 )

Almost makes me want to outlaw life insurance for underage children. Not sure I could get more depressed!

One thing I can say about grief is that there is no playbook. I have lost several close family members and numerous friends (none to murder but lots of horrible diseases, accidents, etc.). There. Is. No. Playbook. What works for some and is comforting may be horrible for someone else. Sure there are "norms" but there really isn't a right way to grieve. And that is under "normal" circumstances. Add in any of the craziness of this case and ... well ... I am just going to not judge anyone on how they handle their grief.

That said, we are here on this thread because of one little girl. Something about this case sparked our interest, pricked our heart or lead us here to this forum. I've read some horrible personal experiences on here that feel like a kick in the gut. Hugs to you that have shared your past. I hugged my own kids a little tighter. And if this board represents a snap shot of society, there is a lot of abuse and horror out there.

But this thread is about justice for Mariah. Period. May she rest in peace and may justice prevail.

Good post and I agree!

I thought I just read here someone asked if they might seal the autopsy results like they did in Abby's and Libby's case....this is a great question....

Eta: post #7

(This is very, very o/t, but wanted to share with you guys since we are of like minds as far as our passion for these victims and interest in these cases here goes.

Last night I was watching an old episode of Forensic Files and the case featured was about a 11 year old boy named Christopher Wood. He was murdered by his biological father for the $80,000 life insurance. They were able to nail the father because they found small spots of Christopher's vomit...the grains in his breakfast cereal were analyzed under a microscope and this was important to the case, hence the name if the episode "Cereal Killing".

My point is just an observation that we see very often cases involving the mom's boyfriend, sexual predators, etc but I thought it was a fairly unique case that the biodad murdered his own son strictly for money then put him in a trash can then dumped him on the side of the road, just as some nonparents/predators have done.

Absolutely sick. Makes my heart hurt.

Wow. No in most states the parents are given the full reports. They are parties to the case so it would be a due process violation not to release the claims and allegations concerning their family, to them. I'm not sure how NJ gets around that.

I don't think this is about his anger. I think it's about his fear.

They can take their time. The kids are safe for now.

Well, I'm not so sure about that. The girlfriend of dad stated they suspected sexual abuse previously but no one would listen and the kids were returned to mom.

I have zero doubt that the way things went down is LE interviewed the kids and THEN called CPS due to what they stated. So CPS took emergency custody.

Do we know if the girlfriend or dad actually filed a report with CPS?

Almost makes me want to outlaw life insurance for underage children. Not sure I could get more depressed!

My husband and I have life insurance policies for all 3 of our children. Reason why: My husband's brother was killed when a drunk driver hit him. The family went through hardship to ensure a proper burial for the 11 year old boy.

As a mom, I do everything I can to keep my children safe and sound. If something horrible were to happen atleast I can grieve without worrying about the financial aspect of it.

There have been times we struggled financially and struggled, living pay check to pay check. No matter the financial hardships that I have endured, I would never ever harm my child to get their insurance money.

I can understand why you feel that way, but knowing a family who went through that - I'd rather have the policies as a precaution. Jmo.

@ yellow rose

Sorry, I just read where you said *almost*

Again sorry. This is what I get for posting before I finish my coffee.

I've been away for a day.
The YouTube video appears to have been taken down unless it's just my Tapatalk. Can someone let me know what was on it?
How was it discovered that Mariah was SA?
Time for some reading on my day off. Thanks peeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vmmking said:
I don't know what happens in cases like this, but if the father gets custody, or even if he just gets to resume visitation, the state needs to make sure that he receives some kind of counseling on how to deal with this situation and the kids. Even if she is guilty, he is going to need guidance about how he talks about her and the entire situation around the kids.

I know, from coming from a broken home, what constant negativity about the other parent from one parent does. Even if it's deserving, it's not helpful to the child to hear it. And it is going to be particularly hard for him to rein this in.

From post #915 from the previous thread. Excellent point. These kids need so much stability and support right now. And alienation of a parent is utterly destructive. If there was one thing I could change in the families I deal with in my practice, or if I could name the most common and worst, most destructive thing I see on a regular basis, that's it. Parental alienation.

My husband and I have life insurance policies for all 3 of our children. Reason why: My husband's brother was killed when a drunk driver hit him. The family went through hardship to ensure a proper burial for the 11 year old boy.

As a mom, I do everything I can to keep my children safe and sound. If something horrible were to happen atleast I can grieve without worrying about the financial aspect of it.

There have been times we struggled financially and struggled, living pay check to pay check. No matter the financial hardships that I have endured, I would never ever harm my child to get their insurance money.

I can understand why you feel that way, but knowing a family who went through that - I'd rather have the policies as a precaution. Jmo.

Agreed. A reasonable policy is understandable and smart, but I don't know why anyone would need a $100,000+ policy. Usually large life insurance policies are insurance for the primary breadwinner to ensure the family can continue on in the case of his or her death.

[FONT=&amp]Kristy Woods had an assault charge brought against her by Heather Craft in 2016 but, according to the Onslow County District Court Clerk’s Office, the case was dismissed because Craft did not show up for court.

----

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]In sensitive cases, Thomas said some of the normally-public records are sealed to maintain the integrity of the investigation. In Mariah’s case, this includes the search warrants and the 911 call, which has also been sealed by the court, Thomas said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Typically, these are sealed until the trial unless it’s determined that they hold no further relevance to the case, at which time they’d be unsealed, Thomas said.

----

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171204/man-accused-of-hiding-toddlers-body-protected-in-court

http://atlaspublicrecords.com/name/kristy-k-woods/jacksonville-nc/e5e7bdb40a?case_details=true
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member