Resolved WY - Sweetwater, "Bitter Creek Betty", Wht/HispFem 24-32, 213UFWY, rose tatt/jewelry Mar'92 - N/A

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
This young woman was murdered in a horrific manner after being brutally beaten, strangled and raped, possibly by a serial killer- and then she was thrown out like nothing better than trash.

I think there's a high likelyhood that she can be identified and I hope you keep her statistics & manner of death in mind when you're looking through missing persons/homicide files. She was a mother, wore a wedding ring, and had a rose tattoo on her right breast. She was tall and thin, LE has her fingerprints and the killers DNA.

The Doe Network:
Case File 213UFWY

A close up look at the tattoo shows what appears to be a signature on the work. I would think the inits could be tracked down if they were given enough TV play.

Bumping this up. She's still on my mind :(

The Doe Network:
Case File 213UFWY

Unidentified White Female
  • Located on March 1 , 1992 in Sweetwater, Wyoming

• Cause of death was homicide. The victim had been stabbed and strangled.
Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: 24 - 32 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8" (173 cm); 125 - 130 pounds (57-59 kg)
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: She was White with predominately Hispanic characteristics or Hispanic with Native characteristics. Dark brown or black hair and brown or black eyes. She had a vertical Cesarean scar on her abdomen and a one-inch scar on her left calf.
    [*]Clothing: She wore a gold-colored necklace and a plain gold-colored wedding-type ring, which sat on her left ring finger. Detectives found a pair of pink panties and a pair of sweat pants nearby.
    [*]Dentals: Avaiable some dentistry
    [*]Tattoos: She had a distinctive tattoo of a rose on the right breast.
Case History
On March 1, 1992, a trucker pausing at an Interstate 80 turnout known as Bitter Creek spotted the victim's body lying face down in the snow, probably dumped from a truck months earlier.

The victim was probably killed elsewhere and dumped near the westbound side of the highway between October 1991 and February 1992.

The body, completely nude, appeared as if it had been dropped out of a truck and came to rest at the bottom of a slope. The cause of death was listed as an ice pick or similar object inserted in the victim's left nostril, penetrating her sphenoid bone. Examiners also found signs of strangulation, beating trauma to the face and jaw, as well as anal and vaginal sexual assault.

The sophistication of the killing points to the possible involvement of a serial offender. Investigators managed to obtain an excellent set of fingerprints from the victim but have yet to learn her identity. Detectives have determined the killer's blood is type O.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Sweetwater County Sheriff's Office
Detective Mark Ferman
307-352-6720
NCIC Number:
U-549593815
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

What is after the C? Anyone have any graphic software that would let you blow up the picture to see if you can see the letters closer?

I don't have great photo software, these are the best I could do, hopefully someone else can do better -

Original

Black & White Sepia Toned

Close Up Black & White
(sorry, this is small, you'll have to save it, open it and enlarge)

It appears to me that the "S" has a line through it, and there's a dot in the middle of the "C". Really I'm not sure they're even letters. Also, remember the image is sideways, and maybe it's meant to be read top to bottom instead?

A vertical c-section scar most likely means it was an emergency C-section. Just a thought

Bump up. this case is very solvable, like many others

Case File 2778DFOR

Teresa Ann Gruetter
Missing since September 11, 1991 from Boring, Clackamas County, Oregon
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: March 12, 1958
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 33 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 115 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Long brown hair; brown eyes.
* Marks, Scars: She has a large scar on her stomach.
* Dentals: Pending
* DNA: Pending

Circumstances of Disappearance
Gruetter was last seen at her residence on SE Hamlet Drive in Boring, Oregon on September 11, 1991.
Teresa was reported missing by her sister and has never been found. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Clackamas County Sheriff's Office Tip Line
503-723-4949

Agency Case Number: 91-33462
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Clackamas County Sheriff's Office
The Oregonian (Portland, OR)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2778dfor.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gruetter_teresa.html

I'm hoping to get some help on this one. There is a lot of information to help you look for a match among the missing. If you have a few minutes please search and if you find someone who may be a match please submit it to LE.

I found a news article stating that the rose tatoo was done in Tucson, Arizona. She is Hispanic and has a Cesarean scar. She's also tall, at about 5'8".

Tucson tattoo article - Authorities recently confirmed that a tattoo on the woman's breast was done in Tucson, which "leads us to believe - at least hope - she was from or spent a considerable time in Arizona,"

Rose Doe was killed by a sharp object plunged through her left nostril, such as an ice pick (horrific!) but her body also showed signs of strangulation and beating - similar to other murders in the area:

Woman Found Dead Along Wyoming Highway - The case shows similarities to several unsolved murders in Utah, but the woman's body could just as easily have been dumped by a motorist traveling between New York and San Francisco, Blust said.

Serial killer Scott William Cox was/is a suspect.

Contacts:
Phone - Sweetwater County Sheriff's Office in Green River, Wyo., at (307) 875-2331 or 307 - 352 - 6720
Mail - Sweetwater County Sheriff's Office, P.O. Box 39, Green River, Wyo. 82935

UPDATED DOE NETWORK LINK

213UFWY1.jpg
213UFWY.jpg

Agency Case #:
92-0763

Looks to me like the killer was attempting a lobotomy on her, and therefore probably wanted to keep her a while.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back