OR OR - Linn County, UncFem 19-45, skull in field, Mar'96

I had suggested Angela Chan http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?157506-OR-Angela-Chan-19-Redmond-27-March-1989

The Linn county line is about 25-30 miles west of Redmond. The map shows Linn county outlined in red. Redmond is just to the right. https://goo.gl/maps/FSHll

CarlK indicated that Cline Falls where her car was foundis just outside of Redmond in the direction of where the skull fragment was found.

You'd think they would have checked against somebody that close, but it is in the next county. The DNA they have is incomplete so it wouldn't have been an automatic match.

She’s slightly younger than the estimated age range, but I wonder if this could be Karen Jean Lee. Seeing Linn County reminded me that her counterpart went missing also in 1977 from Albany in Linn County...
Karen Jean Lee – The Charley Project

She’s slightly younger than the estimated age range, but I wonder if this could be Karen Jean Lee. Seeing Linn County reminded me that her counterpart went missing also in 1977 from Albany in Linn County...
Karen Jean Lee – The Charley Project
Hello. My name is Rhonda. I'm one of Karen Lee's sisters. Been following info for several years. Look forward to closure. The recent human remains found on April 3 were found just miles from where Karen made her last phone call in Lebanon and just miles from where they found Rodney's wallet and some other belongings to both of them! So I'm following this closely and will call Detective Pyle tomorrow to get some more info.

Hello. My name is Rhonda. I'm one of Karen Lee's sisters. Been following info for several years. Look forward to closure. The recent human remains found on April 3 were found just miles from where Karen made her last phone call in Lebanon and just miles from where they found Rodney's wallet and some other belongings to both of them! So I'm following this closely and will call Detective Pyle tomorrow to get some more info.

Is this the discovery you're referring to? Sheriff's office: Human remains found in Sweet Home connected to 2011 missing persons case

They seem to think it's connected to a 2011 case. Most likely Mark Hardin? The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thank you for the info. I was just waiting for coroners office to positively identify. One discovery gives closure to a family out there. That is progress!

Is this the discovery you're referring to? Sheriff's office: Human remains found in Sweet Home connected to 2011 missing persons case

They seem to think it's connected to a 2011 case. Most likely Mark Hardin? The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Two unrelated sets of human remains were found in the area a few days apart. The first belong to a female. Going by the year mentioned in the report and the location it is very likely that the second is Mark Hardin.

Two unrelated sets of human remains were found in the area a few days apart. The first belong to a female. Going by the year mentioned in the report and the location it is very likely that the second is Mark Hardin.
The second remains found are of a man.

The first remains are of a white female between 30 and 50.

Second body found near Sweet Home

I agree with all that, but Hardin was the only man who showed up missing from Linn County in 2011, and the article said the remains were male.

eta: does anybody have a pointer to the female remains being found? I'm not finding it; my mind is not working too well what with the covid-19 stress and all. Some days I can't even type.

Hm, I didn't check neighboring areas, though. BRB.

Last edited:
I agree with all that, but Hardin was the only man who showed up missing from Linn County in 2011, and the article said the remains were male.

eta: does anybody have a pointer to the female remains being found? I'm not finding it; my mind is not working too well what with the covid-19 stress and all. Some days I can't even type.

Hm, I didn't check neighboring areas, though. BRB.

Linn County Sheriff's Office news

Human Remains Found East of Sweet Home (Photo) - 04/06/20

Linn County Sheriff Jim Yon reports his Office received a call on Friday April 3, 2020, at 1:37 p.m., regarding possible found human remains on US Forest Service road 417. This area is approximately five miles up Gordon Road and is 13 miles east of Sweet Home.

Linn County Deputies were taken to the area by the caller and they secured the scene. The investigation confirmed the remains were human. Investigators and members of Linn County Search and Rescue worked the scene through Sunday evening.

At this time, we have limited information on the deceased individual and will be working with the State Medical Examiner’s Office to discover cause of death and the identity of the individual.

If you have any possible information on this investigation, please contact Detective Colin Pyle at (541)967-3950.

Attached Media Files: Search.jpg , Evidence.jpg , Detectives.jpg , dig.jpg
#

Updated Information on Human Remains Found East of Sweet Home - 04/08/20

Linn County Undersheriff Paul Timm reports that his Detectives and the Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Office have continued to investigate the human remains found near Gordon Road on April 3, 2020. Detectives and the Medical Examiner’s Office have tentatively identified the remains as belonging to a white female between the ages of 30 and 50-years-old at the time of her death. Additionally, the female is believed to have short, wavy brown hair.

There is no additional information at this time.

Investigators are continuing work to make a positive identification and cause of death. Anyone with information regarding this investigation is encouraged to contact Detective Colin Pyle at (541) 967-3950.
#

Human Remains Located on Upper Calapooia (Photo) - 04/10/20

Linn County Sheriff Jim Yon reports his Office received a call on Monday, April 6, 2020, at 4:58 p.m., regarding possible found human remains on Weyerhaeuser property in the 41000 block of Upper Calapooia drive, Sweet Home.

The remains were located approximately a mile from Upper Calapooia drive in a very densely forested area by hikers. Weyerhaeuser assisted the investigation by clearing an overgrown road to make access to the area easier.

We have tentatively identified the remains connected with a 2011 missing persons case. We are working with the State Medical Examiner’s Office to confirm the identity and cause of death. There is no further information at this point.

Linn County Search and Rescue assisted with the investigation.

Attached Media Files: SAR-UC.jpg , Searching.jpg
#

@carbuff - you were correct!

Human remains found in April near Upper Calapooia Drive south of Sweet Home have been identified as Mark Hardin, a Linn County resident who has been missing since 2011, according to Linn County Undersheriff Paul Timm.

Hardin’s wife, Angela, reported the then 49-year-old man missing on Aug. 7, 2011.

from 8/10/2020: Remains of SH man missing since 2011 identified

I'm confused about this thread, though - it's for the female cranium? I didn't know where else to post this so if someone wants to move it and/or repost please do!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back