7th Circuit en banc decision Dec 8 20017

It is so frustrating to realize how cruel our civilized society really is. I feel so bad for this family!

So the vote was close, 4-3. I guess the next step is SCOTUS? Or if Avery's conviction gets overturned, i wonder how that will work out for Brendan?
This case is crazy IMO. How can they throw a teen into prison on a coerced BS confession and absolutely no evidence against him? It really is nuts.

It is so frustrating to realize how cruel our civilized society really is. I feel so bad for this family!

Like living in the dark ages IMO. The whole world has gone mad, but i think it always was in one way or another. Humanity has been hijacked.

Maybe people should gather and hand deliver Brendan 500 boxes of ramen noodles.

Hey all! I am so disappointed in the outcome, but hopefully with the 4-3 split, it will give SCOTUS a reason to take the case. It does seem that there may be some issues that should go to the Supreme Court for review and clarification, and that could be outdated in regards to false confessions.

KZ has tweeted (and deleted) a lot of tweets that have given me some hope lol You can go check reddit to see what she tweeted since the decision came out, in KZ fashion.... #NotOverYet

I don't know much about the SCOTUS, but I hope if they review this case that it will allow some laws to change when it comes to interrogating youth, and particularly vulnerable youth like Brendan.

This case is so messed up, and there has to be something else going on with it all IMO.
What an awful outcome for Brendan when he must be feeling so futile about it all right now. Twice his PC relief was upheld to overturn his conviction and set him free, only to have it quashed now.
I don't know about SCOTUS hearing this case, and it's still a long shot i imagine.
How do these judges sleep at night knowing this confession was coerced, and apart from that there is absolutely no evidence forensic or otherwise that Brendan Dassey had any involvement in the supposed crime?
If that is the way a young intellectually challenged teen gets incarcerated for many years in such a system, then the system is an epic fail.
BD had absolutely no one on his side to help him, not even his own mother had his back, to go into that interrogation with him. Perhaps she didn't know how these things work, but Brendan's biggest mistake is he didn't exercise his constitutional right to remain silent.

On another forum a poster claims to have found a factual error in the 7th Circuit Court's decision.

Not sure if it is legit to post a link to the discussion here.

But the gist of it is that Hamilton says that in the first interview with Brendan he provided the 'useful information' that he had seen Teresa taking pictures when he got off the school bus that afternoon.

I'm not sure how 'useful' this information is, because he only said it at the prompting of LE and it is not part of the police theory of the crime and is likely impossible - Teresa either left before the kids got off the bus or Teresa was already taken prisoner at that time.

It is suggested that Hamilton is confusing Brendan with Bobby who is supposed to have observed Teresa.

I guess KZ has been tweeting, this is from tonight...

Kathleen Zellner‏
@ZellnerLaw
2h2 hours ago
More
Filing 19 CD’s & DVD’s in Avery appeal never seen by public but exhibits in petition. Steven Avery is innocent & critics have zero grasp of facts. #MakingaMurderer #DeNovoReview #CrushingLightweights

bbm - DeNovo Review ... apparently, this is the 2nd tweet with this hashtag. I am not sure what it means, but will be watching tomorrow to see if she files something and if it's available to us! 19 cd's and dvd's... that's a lot of info!

I guess KZ has been tweeting, this is from tonight...

Kathleen Zellner‏
@ZellnerLaw
2h2 hours ago
More
Filing 19 CD’s & DVD’s in Avery appeal never seen by public but exhibits in petition. Steven Avery is innocent & critics have zero grasp of facts. #MakingaMurderer #DeNovoReview #CrushingLightweights

bbm - DeNovo Review ... apparently, this is the 2nd tweet with this hashtag. I am not sure what it means, but will be watching tomorrow to see if she files something and if it's available to us! 19 cd's and dvd's... that's a lot of info!

Isn't the De Novo review in regard to Avery's case? I don't think it will affect Brendan Dassey's case even if Avery is exonerated, but that is just my opinion. It would be great if Steven's case is successful and Brendan is released from prison as well. But not sure if one case will affect the other in all of it?

Making a Murderer Continued: Will Brendan Dassey Ever Receive Justice?
In 1970, the University of Chicago Law Review published an article titled Is Innocence Irrelevant? Collateral Attack on Criminal Judgments by federal appeals court judge Henry Friendly.

Judge Friendly was a judicial conservative in the small-c sense, non-ideological, committed to deciding cases narrowly, and an expert legal craftsman.
http://www.newsweek.com/making-murderer-continued-will-brendan-dassey-ever-receive-justice-749147

Up

It's just crazy and unfair..

Hi & Welcome. Yes it is very unfair and tragic for BD. I did read that Drizin and Nirider will continue on with trying to obtain Justice for BD. Prayers for all their efforts.

Sorry, this is probably in the wrong place, but I saw Missy I think it was mention a family members FB page. What are their names that are on FB?

TIA!

Sorry, this is probably in the wrong place, but I saw Missy I think it was mention a family members FB page. What are their names that are on FB?

TIA!

Not sure if I should post it on here so I have sent it privately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back