Case File 4087DMFL
CLGoodman.jpg

Curtis Lawrence Goodman
Missing since July 15, 1989 from Gainesville, Alachua County, Florida
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: April 30, 1958
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 31 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0"; 140-145 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark blond hair; brown or blue eyes. Slim build. He wears glasses.

Circumstances of Disappearance
In July 1989, Goodman was preparing to travel to Miami for abdominal surgery, because of a severe intestinal condition that caused him constant pain. He never arrived at his parents' Miami home as planned.
Police found his packed car still parked at his home on NW 4th Avenue, and the lights and air conditioning were left on inside. The keys to the car were found on a desk inside his apartment. He was last seen by neighbors on July 15, 1989.
Prescribed medicine Goodman took every day, was left at his home. His clothes, golf clubs and bicycle were packed into his car. He withdrew over 500 dollars the day before he disappeared.
Goodman is a University of Florida graduate and worked as a stockbroker, but had been unable to work because of his medical condition. He spent many days walking around his neighborhood, as walking relieved his pain.

Cannot find much info. right now about Curtis, but posting this list of other people who are missing from Alachua County on the chance there is a connection found down the line. Several disappearances like Curtis's, occurred in the late 80's fwiw.
http://www.gainesville.com/news/20051202/search-for-countys-missing-job-for-police-families
rbbm.
Some of Alachua County’s active missing cases The following are some of the active missing persons cases identified by officers including ones believed to be victims of foul play.

CURTIS LAWRENCE GOODMAN: In July 1989, the 31-year-old Gainesville man was preparing to travel to South Florida for medical treatment because of a severe intestinal condition that caused him constant pain. He never arrived at his parents’ Miami home as planned. Police found his packed car still parked at his home on NW 4th Avenue and said they had no solid leads regarding his disappearance.

LOUIS HOLLOWAY: The 30-year-old was last seen in February 1984 and did not return to his cottage from his job at the Sunland Center. Now called Tacachale, it is a state-run facility on NE Waldo Road that houses developmentally disabled residents. He had lived at the facility for most of his life and had no previous history of running away.

DANNY RANDALL “RANDY” JACKSON: In August, 1989, the 12-year-old disappeared after he went with his teenage brother to visit a friend. Relatives thought he had spent the night but couldn’t find him the next day. Police at one point thought he might have been a runaway but have since said they suspect foul play in his disappearance.

TIFFANY L. SESSIONS: The University of Florida sophomore never returned home to her condominium in southwest Gainesville after going on a walk in February 1989. Deputies suspect foul play in the 20-year-old’s disappearance.
Alachua County Sheriff’s Office:

TOM SAYRE: The 37-year-old boater from Archer was reported missing during a fishing trip in August 1999. He left the Keys for what should have been a 24-hour trip to Crystal River but never arrived.

DELORES JEAN STANTON: In April 1976, the 21-year-old disappeared after she left her home in northwest Gainesville to hitchhike to class at Santa Fe Community College. Police believe she met with foul play.

ELLA MAE WILLIAMS: Police searched but found no trace of the 80-year-old woman, who had Alzheimer’s disease and went missing in March 1990. She had been known to walk around the northeast Gainesville neighborhood where she lived for many years and the southeast Gainesville area where she had been staying with relatives. Residents said they had little hope that she would be found alive.

It's been 29 years since Curtis Goodman disappeared from Gainesville, Alachua County, Florida. If alive today he would be 60 years old.

Hello, I was looking on NamUS and found a case of an Unidentified that I think fits with Curtis. I would say that this is just a reach, but some of the stats do line up and dates fit.
  • Male, White/Caucasian
  • Found on September 22, 1989
  • Found in Kissimmee, Osceola County, Florida (2 hrs or so away from Gainesville)
  • Estimated age range is 40-60 years. (9 years difference between missing and Unidentified)
  • Height: 6'0'' (Matches Curtis.)
  • Hair colour: Brown (Could be dark blonde and was mistaken for brown?)
  • Body hair: Body hair appeared to be brown or somewhat lighter. (Why I think the actual hair colour of the Unidentified is dark blonde.)
  • Weight: 165lbs (This is estimated though, could be lower.)
  • Estimated date of death is three months prior. (That would be late June, close to early/mid July, could be confused?)
  • Circumstances of recovery: Two men travelling on the Florida Turnpike had vehicle trouble near the 210 mile marker. They exited their car and walked down the shoulder in search of water, and came across the skeletal remains.
  • Clothing: Jeans were present and were size 32Wx34L. Jockey type shorts were also present and had a 32 inch waist.
Unidentified Person Case

CLGoodman.jpg
Thumbnail

Should I bother making a comparison or is it too much of a reach???
-Desayama

Hello, I was looking on NamUS and found a case of an Unidentified that I think fits with Curtis. I would say that this is just a reach, but some of the stats do line up and dates fit.
  • Male, White/Caucasian
  • Found on September 22, 1989
  • Found in Kissimmee, Osceola County, Florida (2 hrs or so away from Gainesville)
  • Estimated age range is 40-60 years. (9 years difference between missing and Unidentified)
  • Height: 6'0'' (Matches Curtis.)
  • Hair colour: Brown (Could be dark blonde and was mistaken for brown?)
  • Body hair: Body hair appeared to be brown or somewhat lighter. (Why I think the actual hair colour of the Unidentified is dark blonde.)
  • Weight: 165lbs (This is estimated though, could be lower.)
  • Estimated date of death is three months prior. (That would be late June, close to early/mid July, could be confused?)
  • Circumstances of recovery: Two men travelling on the Florida Turnpike had vehicle trouble near the 210 mile marker. They exited their car and walked down the shoulder in search of water, and came across the skeletal remains.
  • Clothing: Jeans were present and were size 32Wx34L. Jockey type shorts were also present and had a 32 inch waist.
Unidentified Person Case

CLGoodman.jpg
Thumbnail

Should I bother making a comparison or is it too much of a reach???
-Desayama
Hello, it cannot hurt to submit the uid male!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back