Funeral Preparations

BBB167893

Former Member
Reaction score
Hi, gang.

This may well get me booted off Websleuths--or at least shunned as too ghoulish--but something in my walnut-brain won't let me drop this. I would like to see an interview with the undertaker who performed JonBenet's funeral. I'd like to know specifically what he had to do to make her presentable and what, if any, input the family had.

Thank you.

Hi, gang.

This may well get me booted off Websleuths--or at least shunned as too ghoulish--but something in my walnut-brain won't let me drop this. I would like to see an interview with the undertaker who performed JonBenet's funeral. I'd like to know specifically what he had to do to make her presentable and what, if any, input the family had.

Thank you.

I don't think that's anything to boot you over, it doesn't violate TOS. I'm interested to hear about this too but, in all of these years, I have never run across any such interviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think that's anything to boot you over, it doesn't violate TOS. I'm interested to hear about this too but, in all of these years, I have never run across any such interviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess it really wouldn't amount to anything. I just felt a need to talk about it.

Hi, gang.

Thank you.

If Patsy had any input, I'm sure she asked for her hair to be dyed and curled and for makeup and lipstick to be applied, as well as false eyelashes.

If Patsy had any input, I'm sure she asked for her hair to be dyed and curled and for makeup and lipstick to be applied, as well as false eyelashes.

I agree that she most likely did have all that done and, as a false eyelash wearer: those things are not for 6 yr olds, even for postmortem makeup.

Well, in the Bonita pape

The small body of JonBenet was released to Crist Mortuary in Boulder to prepare the little beauty queen for her last public appearance. John and Patsy were left with the heart wrenching task of burying their child. They were still staying at the Fernies' home where they took refuge after leaving their home on 15th Street. At Patsy's request, her sister Pam had gone to the home on 15th Street and retrieved some of JonBenet's collection of pageant dresses and brought them to the Fernies' home. On the morning of December 29, Patsy was trying to select the last and final dress to be worn by her daughter. This day was Patsy's 40th birthday. Instead of the planned Disney World cruise for the Ramsey family, Patsy was attending to the necessary details of her daughter's funeral. Patsy had chosen a white, sleeveless ballerina dress with sequins, but consulted with John before making her final decision. "Are there any bruises on JonBenet's arms," she asked John. John assured her there were not, but Patsy asked him again, "Are you sure?" John replied, "JonBenet’s arms were not bruised.''

I can't believe that she was OF COURSE buried in a pageant dress. Poor Jonbenet.

Truly saddening and infuriating that the injustices to this girl did not stop after she was dead.

Was her funeral open casket?

yes.

http://www.eonline.com/ca/news/7939...-finds-jonbenet-ramsey-s-funeral-traumatizing

"I remember the casket was small and her eyes were closed," he shared with Dr. Phil. "I think one of her eyes was a little droopy or something. I thought that was weird." When asked how it felt to see her in that condition, Burke admits it wasn't the best experience. "That was weird," he shared. "That was traumatizing a little bit."

add: plus tiara

http://www.acandyrose.com/crimescene-funeral.htm

"Nov 8, 2010 - Items buried with JonBenet Ramsey Gold bracelet from Nedra Paugh · DOI-39. Gold cross from Polly Davis · DOI-39. Silk scarf from John Ramsey · DOI-40. Sister Socks from Patsy Ramsey · DOI-40. Tiara from Pam Paugh · DOI-39 ..."

I know theory regarding "embalming of autopsied corpse"

btw.
Was her body scanned?
"MRI, CT and PET CT, X-ray, DXA and Ultrasound Scans"

I am not sure which one was available in 1996.

SBTC

S- Scarf
B-Bracelet
T-Tiara
C-Cross

yes.

http://www.eonline.com/ca/news/7939...-finds-jonbenet-ramsey-s-funeral-traumatizing

"I remember the casket was small and her eyes were closed," he shared with Dr. Phil. "I think one of her eyes was a little droopy or something. I thought that was weird." When asked how it felt to see her in that condition, Burke admits it wasn't the best experience. "That was weird," he shared. "That was traumatizing a little bit."

add: plus tiara

http://www.acandyrose.com/crimescene-funeral.htm

"Nov 8, 2010 - Items buried with JonBenet Ramsey Gold bracelet from Nedra Paugh · DOI-39. Gold cross from Polly Davis · DOI-39. Silk scarf from John Ramsey · DOI-40. Sister Socks from Patsy Ramsey · DOI-40. Tiara from Pam Paugh · DOI-39 ..."

Not only was Jonbenet buried in a pageant dress, it was a used pageant dress, something Patsy bought second hand from another pageant mom. It seems strange but Pam removed more than one dress for the funeral.

IIRC the Ramseys did not pay for the funeral. Many Funeral parlors do kid's gratis, or at least did when child deaths were so rare.

First I've heard about a planned Disney World Cruise. I wonder if any jealousy angles were explored with BR concerning this upcoming cruise? Does this planned cruise fit with school schedules for both JBR and BR?

Well, in the Bonita pape

The small body of JonBenet was released to Crist Mortuary in Boulder to prepare the little beauty queen for her last public appearance. John and Patsy were left with the heart wrenching task of burying their child. They were still staying at the Fernies' home where they took refuge after leaving their home on 15th Street. At Patsy's request, her sister Pam had gone to the home on 15th Street and retrieved some of JonBenet's collection of pageant dresses and brought them to the Fernies' home. On the morning of December 29, Patsy was trying to select the last and final dress to be worn by her daughter. This day was Patsy's 40th birthday. Instead of the planned Disney World cruise for the Ramsey family, Patsy was attending to the necessary details of her daughter's funeral. Patsy had chosen a white, sleeveless ballerina dress with sequins, but consulted with John before making her final decision. "Are there any bruises on JonBenet's arms," she asked John. John assured her there were not, but Patsy asked him again, "Are you sure?" John replied, "JonBenet’s arms were not bruised.''

I'm a first-time poster and am only just getting into this case, so forgive me if this is an ignorant question ... but how did JR know that JBR's arms were not bruised? Police reports and witness statements indicate that JBR was wearing the white, long-sleeved star top from GAP when the murder took place, and the long sleeves of a white top are clearly visible in BPD's photos from the scene. Her arms would have been hidden from JR's (and everyone else's) view at the time of the discovery of the body.

So did he or perhaps a close, trusted associate view the body at the coroner's office? It seems an ID would not have been necessary at that point, but maybe it was done as a formality. Or did he receive and thoroughly review an autopsy report or photos within 72 hours of the discovery of the body? Either is possible, I suppose, and would explain how he could be so certain her arms weren't bruised. But if neither happened, then his statement would raise a lot of questions in my mind as to how he would have come to that knowledge.

All this is assuming the newspaper account is accurate, of course.

What bothered me again, I keep saying it was her brother said one eye was caved in and leaking fluid down her cheek.
And the M.E. said she smelled strongly of decomposition.
I think she was dead when they brought her home.
(Why only one bowl of pineapple was set out?)

What bothered me again, I keep saying it was her brother said one eye was caved in and leaking fluid down her cheek.
And the M.E. said she smelled strongly of decomposition.
I think she was dead when they brought her home.
(Why only one bowl of pineapple was set out?)

This little girl went through and autopsy and had died in a traumatic way. We're hearing this from someone who was 9 at the time he viewed her. We have autopsy photos and the report. Any observations Burke had at her viewing really just gives us clues about what was going on in his head at the time.

So are you saying they wrapped a cord around her neck and strangled all the life out of her before she got home or are you saying the head blow happened before they arrived home? Did the strike happen in the Jeep or were they somewhere outside when it happened? If they were all out together, three people, the father, the mother and the brother all colluded to not take her to an emergency room, but drive home and stage a kidnapping.

Did they get her home and then stuff the pineapple into her stomach? If they killed her before they got home, why would they sit down and eat pineapple and the lie about putting the pineapple on the table? Check the transcripts. Maybe the person who said they put the bowl of pineapple on the table will tell us why there was only one bowl.

20 years of experts have looked at this case. I haven't seen any reports that the smell of decomposition is not normal for the time-frame reported. Decomposition starts immediately but it also takes about 6 hours for all the cells to die (kind of a sick fact).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back