714 users online (111 members and 603 guests)  

Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103
Results 1,531 to 1,544 of 1544
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug67 View Post
    "People Saying Nice Things About Dellen Milard" - the Mob Reporter
    LOL at that title.

The fulls Burns letter in YouTube form, a recommendation from a fellow prisoner and anther from the mother of a friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJyrgI8zOOA
    I know we’ve discussed MB’s letter, but what does everyone think of the one from ‘the mother of a friend’?

My first thought was, “have you asked your daughter if she was sleeping with or sold drugs by DM?”. And in reality, is this mother more a friend of MB? I’m around the same age as DM and can’t see any of my friends’ parents sticking their neck out like that, although I’m a law-abiding non-psychopath

Quote Originally Posted by Velma View Post
    I know we’ve discussed MB’s letter, but what does everyone think of the one from ‘the mother of a friend’?

My first thought was, “have you asked your daughter if she was sleeping with or sold drugs by DM?”. And in reality, is this mother more a friend of MB? I’m around the same age as DM and can’t see any of my friends’ parents sticking their neck out like that, although I’m a law-abiding non-psychopath
    Agreed. Not only did she write the letter, but she attended the trial numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by jash View Post
    Agreed. Not only did she write the letter, but she attended the trial numerous times.
    If I recall correctly, someone mentioned an older blonde “DM groupie” at trial. Do you think this is her?

I found it mildly interesting that the Burns letter and the fellow convict letter seemed to be in different sizes of the same font. Both drafted in jail perhaps? Or transcribed in a lawyer’s office? Could of course just be coincidence.

I can understand how people like Susan maintain their faith. They just can’t reconcile the person they knew with the charges, and its a short step from there to believing an earnest Millard and a deluded Burns when they say he’s the victim of the justice system and the violent low life friend he gathered under his umbrella of protection.

There was talk in court of Millard being an enigma or a confounding contradiction, or words to that effect. In my view he’s not two people that are hard to reconcile, he’s one person who reliably pursues complete self gratification. It’s gratifying to be the intelligent and charming guy in the room, gratifying to get cottage invites and maybe proximity to a neighbour girl, gratifying to have women of all ages seem to throw themselves under the bus for him and gratifying to take what he wants at the source before destroying all evidence with total moral indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by jash View Post
    Maybe FOR MB.

[QUOTE=JuneBug67;13948704

There was talk in court of Millard being an enigma or a confounding contradiction, or words to that effect. In my view he’s not two people that are hard to reconcile, he’s one person who reliably pursues complete self gratification. It’s gratifying to be the intelligent and charming guy in the room, gratifying to get cottage invites and maybe proximity to a neighbour girl, gratifying to have women of all ages seem to throw themselves under the bus for him and gratifying to take what he wants at the source before destroying all evidence with total moral indifference.[/QUOTE]

He is an enigma or confounding contradiction because he is a psychopath. He cannot help to hide it and he is not aware that normal people are not like him. Justice Code has said he has been watching him. If you go watch a Jailhouse Paul Bernardo jailhouse interview, you seem hon how is also a enigma.

Quote Originally Posted by THXGuru View Post
    He is an enigma or confounding contradiction because he is a psychopath. He cannot help to hide it and he is not aware that normal people are not like him. Justice Code has said he has been watching him. If you go watch a Jailhouse Paul Bernardo jailhouse interview, you seem hon how is also a enigma.
    Agree! That Bernardo interview is another case of psychopathy 101. And of that sort that is chilling in its banality. But I don't find psychopaths to be enigmatic. The abnormality that spills out in varying degrees of subtlety never stops being strange and jarring, but I don't find it mysterious or puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by loveisthemovement View Post
    Totally agree. Both were found guilty of M1. Does Justice Code then get to decide what percentage of the entire crime Smich was involved in? Can he even evaluate that? I wonder is any precedent has been set in past rulings. What can Justice Code consider in his decision and what can't he?

ETA: if the jury decided M1, can Justice Code then make decisions that would seem to imply he didn't agree with the jury?
    Good questions.
    In my opinion, so long as Justice Code gives a (mandatory) 2nd life sentence, then he is in agreement with the jury - MS guilty of M1.

Re: Parole eligibility...
    The way I see it, Justice Code really must look at the LB murder alone in his sentencing. As the LB murder trial jury was not permitted to use the TB murder convictions in their deliberations, likewise, Code ought not use the earlier convictions and sentences in his sentencing for this charge. If they were not already convicted in the TB murder, what would they get? M1 carries a mandatory life sentence without parole for 25 years.

For this reason, I am anticipating a 2nd life sentence, consecutive to the first, with no parole eligibility for 25 additional years, for both convicted. Perhaps I need to draft up another celebratory poem...
    Last edited by Just4TB; 02-23-2018 at 06:51 PM.

I'm pretty sure Susan is the middle-aged blonde woman who attended the TB trial and read her bible during breaks. She was also there for Day 1 of the LB trial in the company of a man who is almost certainly her husband. She has no Facebook profile but her daughter does and looks just like her.

IMO, they're just people who can't believe that someone they know would do something evil. Plus even if he did, the lord says have mercy.

Agree! That Bernardo interview is another case of psychopathy 101. And of that sort that is chilling in its banality. But I don't find psychopaths to be enigmatic. The abnormality that spills out in varying degrees of subtlety never stops being strange and jarring, but I don't find it mysterious or puzzling.
    Glad you can see my point. In the Bernardo video it is astonishing to watch him tell the detectives “you can call me a murderer or a dangerous offender, but don’t call me a liar”. With Millard, he did an interview where he said he has great admiration for the Justice System. The over thing was in the letter to Code where his cell mate says Millard gives him inspiration in that he is not giving up his fight. I do believe Millard is an enigma and Code said he has two sides to his personality. Or something like that. One is a very dangerous side I think he said

Glad you can see my point. In the Bernardo video it is astonishing to watch him tell the detectives “you can call me a murderer or a dangerous offender, but don’t call me a liar”. With Millard, he did an interview where he said he has great admiration for the Justice System. The over thing was in the letter to Code where his cell mate says Millard gives him inspiration in that he is not giving up his fight. I do believe Millard is an enigma and Code said he has two sides to his personality. Or something like that. One is a very dangerous side I think he said
    People may see two sides, but with a psychopath, only one is genuine. Intelligent psychopaths are skilled at mirroring the human emotions they themselves lack, such as compassion and empathy.

What I remember most about that interview was what a black hole he was emotion wise. The tone on literally everything was so off. “I made mistakes 17 years ago, fine I did.” Mistakes! That and how manipulative he tried to be, and was. He was deliberately coy about the Bain murder, and I think all that going off about Karla and a polygraph was explicitity so he could credibly refuse one on the Elizabeth Bain case on “principle”. He leaks psychopathy with virtually every word, and as you said he is utterly unaware of how apparent that pathology is. They don't see it so they can’t mitigate it. It’s like Millard representing himself, and in that making the Babcock jury ill day after endless day. They don’t understand how they’re like biting on tinfoil. How people just involuntarily wince and recoil.

What I remember most about that interview was what a black hole he was emotion wise. The tone on literally everything was so off. “I made mistakes 17 years ago, fine I did.” Mistakes! That and how manipulative he tried to be, and was. He was deliberately coy about the Bain murder, and I think all that going off about Karla and a polygraph was explicitity so he could credibly refuse one on the Elizabeth Bain case on “principle”. He leaks psychopathy with virtually every word, and as you said he is utterly unaware of how apparent that pathology is. They don't see it so they can’t mitigate it. It’s like Millard representing himself, and in that making the Babcock jury ill day after endless day. They don’t understand how they’re like biting on tinfoil. How people just involuntarily wince and recoil.
    "Like biting on tinfoil." OMG - that is a perfect description!

Quote Originally Posted by ABro View Post
    I'm pretty sure Susan is the middle-aged blonde woman who attended the TB trial and read her bible during breaks. She was also there for Day 1 of the LB trial in the company of a man who is almost certainly her husband. She has no Facebook profile but her daughter does and looks just like her.

IMO, they're just people who can't believe that someone they know would do something evil. Plus even if he did, the lord says have mercy.
    I'm sure the Lord can be just as merciful to people safely behind bars.

Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103