1280 users online (237 members and 1043 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibiz View Post
    Yes I understand and know that, but if guns are banned and outlawed like many here are suggesting; then why not just do random searches of all homes? It would certainly help keep us safe and protected would it not?
    The very logical and intelligent suggestions for how to REDUCE gun violence are constantly met with "EVERYONE WANTS TO BAN GUNS" and that simply is not at all the case. It's really frustrating and prevents a rational, adult discussion about how to help alleviate a very real and tragic problem in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    The very logical and intelligent suggestions for how to REDUCE gun violence are constantly met with "EVERYONE WANTS TO BAN GUNS" and that simply is not at all the case. It's really frustrating and prevents a rational, adult discussion about how to help alleviate a very real and tragic problem in the US.
    Imo throwing up road blocks to discussion so no discussion takes place is the point - for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    I don't get the thinking in this post.

So as it stands, nothing stops a felon from living in a house where weapons are present. Do I have that right?

The way I see it, who cares what the felon or the gun owner can be charged with? When will they be charged? After an innocent person is shot due to the carelessness already displayed? After a probation officer searches the home?

With 312 million guns in the US right now, does one really know that LE is putting effort into looking for where the 312 million guns are and if a felon resides in the same location?

This is nothing more than leaving it up to the courts after the fact - ie after something tragic happens and it's in the news. No solution to preventing any more loss of life that I can see - definitely keeping the status quo for loss of life to continue imo.

Btw - I had $5, now I have $10.
    No, you don't have it right. The only legal way a felon can live in a house with a gun present is if they have no access. Granted it would be hard to prove if felon has or doesn't have keys or combination to any locks keeping weapon secure. This is not an "after the fact law", a check of a home should be performed periodically and any guns found with free access result in a charge.
    Insurance........ that is after the fact and would save no lives

What I'm hearing is "it's too hard to prevent it, so let's do nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    What I'm hearing is "it's too hard to prevent it, so let's do nothing"
    Exactly - that's what I was getting at with there is nothing to stop a felon + gun in the same dwelling at the same time - unless something happens after the fact. Then all kinds of time and money should be spent 'doing something that should not have happened in the first place'. Useless imo.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20