Found Deceased OR - Dayna Foster, 47, Talent, 12 Dec 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Search and rescue crews are looking for an Ashland woman who was last seen on Tuesday morning.

The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office said Dayna Foster, 47, was last seen at 8 a.m. on Dec. 12 in the town of Talent, Oregon. She was driving a green 1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 pickup with Oregon plates 469-HZF.

Search and rescue teams are scouring roadways and off-road areas on Thursday outside Ashland.

Foster was last seen wearing a camouflage jacket, a black Puma t-shirt, blue jeans and black-and-white Nike shoes.

http://katu.com/news/local/search-crews-look-for-missing-woman-in-rural-areas-near-ashland
9d0f310559486649ffd333ffe913a72c.jpg

Deputies Need Your Help Finding Missing Ashland Woman

The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office entered day two in the search to find missing Ashland woman, 47-year-old Dayna Foster. She was last seen leaving a veterinary hospital in Talent.

She was last seen wearing a camouflage jacket, a black Puma t-shirt, blue jeans, and black/white Nike shoes. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she was wearing the same necklace in the photo.

"She was last known to be at a veterinary hospital in Talent and was last seen on film there dropping the cat off on Tuesday morning. We have no idea of her whereabouts between then and now," said Sgt. Shawn Richards of the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office.

More information on the search for Dayna at link-

http://www.kdrv.com/content/news/De...-Finding-Missing-Ashland-Woman-464283343.html

[FONT=&amp]The Ashland Community Airport on the east end of town is the search command post.

"She lives to the east of this location so we're working up in the mountains. The family members live out here, her job’s up here. So in case she took a back road and got stuck or something that's why we’re concentrating on our efforts are here right now,” said Sgt. Richards. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Richards said there is reason to believe she could be anywhere between Ashland and Klamath County. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“She has a cabin in Klamath County in the Beatty area that she could've run into some trouble between here and there. So Klamath County is helping as well,” said Sgt. Richards.

http://www.kdrv.com/content/news/De...-Finding-Missing-Ashland-Woman-464283343.html[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Ashland Community Airport on the east end of town is the search command post.

"She lives to the east of this location so we're working up in the mountains. The family members live out here, her job’s up here. So in case she took a back road and got stuck or something that's why we’re concentrating on our efforts are here right now,” said Sgt. Richards. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Richards said there is reason to believe she could be anywhere between Ashland and Klamath County. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“She has a cabin in Klamath County in the Beatty area that she could've run into some trouble between here and there. So Klamath County is helping as well,” said Sgt. Richards.

http://www.kdrv.com/content/news/De...-Finding-Missing-Ashland-Woman-464283343.html[/FONT]

Comments... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...53312&id=299471903311&ref=content_filter&_rdr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were searching for Dayna in the mountains where she lives and works which is off Highway 66 (Greensprings Highway). But Dayna was found off a different road that runs kind of parallel north of 66. There would be no reason to think she had taken that road, let alone gone off on Shale City Road (not a great road) and a spur off of that. It’s nowhere near where she lives and works. Locals know better than to venture off road in the winter unless they’re prepared for snow or mud. So it’s hard to figure what she was thinking. Anyway, thankfully someone found her, but sadly too late. :(

They were searching for Dayna in the mountains where she lives and works which is off Highway 66 (Greensprings Highway). But Dayna was found off a different road that runs kind of parallel north of 66. There would be no reason to think she had taken that road, let alone gone off on Shale City Road (not a great road) and a spur off of that. It’s nowhere near where she lives and works. Locals know better than to venture off road in the winter unless they’re prepared for snow or mud. So it’s hard to figure what she was thinking. Anyway, thankfully someone found her, but sadly too late. :(
I wonder why she was dropping her cat off at the vet? Did she plan to go out of the area for a while?

I wonder why she was dropping her cat off at the vet? Did she plan to go out of the area for a while?

I wondered that too. Usually you stay with your kitty at the vet, unless there is a reason they will need to keep it overnight. Or if the vet is cleaning its teeth, they have to be anesthetized and left there for a few hours. Looking at the website for the only vet in Talent, I don’t see anything about boarding pets while their person is away. Another sad possibility is that she was having her kitty put to sleep. :(

Based on where Dayna was found, I don’t think she was on her way out of the area, such as to her cabin in Beatty. That’s just not the way to go. I don’t really want to say why I think she might have gone to such an out-of the-way place. It could have just been a spur of the moment adventure that went wrong.

I wondered that too. Usually you stay with your kitty at the vet, unless there is a reason they will need to keep it overnight. Or if the vet is cleaning its teeth, they have to be anesthetized and left there for a few hours. Looking at the website for the only vet in Talent, I don’t see anything about boarding pets while their person is away. Another sad possibility is that she was having her kitty put to sleep. :(

Based on where Dayna was found, I don’t think she was on her way out of the area, such as to her cabin in Beatty. That’s just not the way to go. I don’t really want to say why I think she might have gone to such an out-of the-way place. It could have just been a spur of the moment adventure that went wrong.
Oh...perhaps on the kitty and I agree we wait to hear on Dayna.

It seems she had a son that preceded her in death. How sad.

A memorial for Dayna will be held on 20 January 2018.

July 6, 1970 - December 15, 2017

Dayna Lee Foster was born July 6, 1970 in Hayward, California to Linda “Lynn” (Walters) and Myles “Lee” Foster. Soon after, the family moved to the Green Springs Mountain in Ashland, Oregon, where Dayna was raised and where her family still lives.

She was a loving and kind-hearted caregiver who also had a passion for helping animals in need. All of her life, she rode horses on or near the family’s property. When not working or spending time where she lived in Ashland, Ore., Dayna spent the last years of her life ranching and riding horses on another family property in Beatty, Ore.

Dayna went to be with the Lord December 15, 2017 near her home in Ashland. Dayna was preceded in death by her father, Lee Foster and her son, Jesse Ray Foster. She is survived by her mother, Lynn Foster; her sister, Dani Wagner; her daughter, Jamie Beaubien; brother-in-law, Jeff Wagner; niece, Faith Norris; significant other, Doyle Summers; and uncles and aunts, Terry and Pam Walters, Michael Walters, Olga Klein, and Myron Foster. She had many friends and was loved by so many. Dayna will be greatly missed and always remembered for her strength and that awesome laugh, despite many tragedies she endured.

A memorial will be held for Dayna at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, January 20, 2018 at the Green Springs Inn, 11470 Hwy 66, Ashland, OR. Arrangements are handled by Dani Wagner.

http://www.mailtribune.com/obituaries/20171223/dayna-lee-foster

This is a sad story but did she die of natural causes or was this suicide. Original report said she was found dead inside her car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back