Found Deceased CO - James Mitchell, 87, Golden, 14 Dec 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Around 8:10 a.m., railroad workers at the depot in Golden notified Golden Police a pickup truck crashed into one of the railcars sometime during the night.

The truck was abandoned on scene with no sign of the driver and blood was found inside the truck cab.

Golden officers responded to the scene, and say the man is an Arvada resident.

<snipped by me>

The missing person is 87 year-old James Mitchell. He is 5-feet-10-inches and weighs 180 pounds. He has blue eyes and thinning gray hair.

He was last seen wearing a blue fleece vest, red plaid short-sleeved shirt, khaki cargo pants and black athletic shoes with Velcro closures.

Mitchell possibly suffers from dementia and does not have any identification or a cell phone with him.
http://kdvr.com/2017/12/14/missing-elderly-man-with-dementia-missing-from-arvada/amp/
fc974986ba1dbb130c72fd1d567ba03f.jpg
3b98777e9cea1d8f4600a0f5d5c6be72.jpg

A search that encompassed “several miles of paths and trails, rugged hillsides and residential areas” Friday morning did not yield a trace of 87-year-old James Mitchell, who has been missing since at least Thursday morning.

Golden Police said Friday afternoon that they’re continuing to investigate Mitchell’s disappearance, with help from numerous agencies including Alpine Search and Rescue.

At this point, members of the public are not being mobilized to join search parties.

http://www.9news.com/mobile/article...g-87-year-old-man-yields-no-results/499753407

Still missing... I just cannot imagine that he could have gotten too far from the scene of the accident if he was injured. Where can he be?
There is an update on his clothing description by Golden PD:

UPDATE - CLOTHING DESCRIPTION This is an update on the clothing description for Mr. Mitchell. Mr. Mitchell was last seen wearing a solid black short sleeved shirt, blue fleece vest, khaki cargo pants and black athletic style shoes with Velcro closures.
It was originally reported Mr. Mitchell was wearing a red plaid short sleeved shirt. Through our ongoing investigation and interviews with family and friends, it was learned Mr. Mitchell was wearing a black short sleeved shirt; not a red plaid short sleeved shirt.

https://www.facebook.com/GoldenCOPolice/

I can't believe Mr. Mitchell is still missing. So sad.

Do we know where he was headed or where he was coming from? Did he have a cell phone on him? Do we know of any survalence footage from a store or bar? There is almost no information about him.

Morning All,
So i just found some info if was posted on the 18th. This could be very helpful i honestly did not hear about most of these details. Here is the link
http://goldentranscript.net/stories/james-mitchell-remains-missing-and-endangered,257793
The Golden Police's investigation into the incident reveals that Mitchell had gone bowling with a group of friends and family on the night of his disappearance. A neighbor said that Mitchell had called him to say that he was returning to the bowling alley to retrieve his wallet because he could have possibly misplaced it there, Harvey said.

However, his son found his wallet and cell phone in Mitchell's home, Harvey said.

This is weird.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am wondering why he would feel the need to tell his neighbor anything... That sounds a bit off to me.

For all we know he may have been attacked while in the truck which would explain the blood that was found. Then maybe the truck was stolen and the person crashed it. Maybe it was crashed by accident ...or he was attacked for a different reason and someone wanted to create a crime scene. Something tells me he did not go to Golden while trying to drive back to Westminster to find his wallet which was found at his home with his cell phone... Then crashed his son's truck and walked off in the cold...If he did crash and was confused and walked off to get help because he did not have a phone, then wouldn't he have been found close by? Or wouldn't there be traces of blood that would indicate he got out of the car?

I am wondering why he would feel the need to tell his neighbor anything... That sounds a bit off to me.

Maybe his neighbor was one of the people that was at the bowling alley, possibly? I just cannot see him being far from the location of the truck. He was obviously injured and maybe confused. The rugged area the truck was in, his age and injury... just cannot see him being able to get far. I fear the outcome of this for him and his family is not a good one. But, I do believe in miracles.

Family, Police Hope To Find Man Missing For More Than A Month

“It was very cold, it was snowing. Mr. Mitchell wasn’t wearing very good clothing to deal with those elements
He was a postal worker so he was used to walking. He could’ve walked further than what we expected.*

The initial search*encompassed several miles of paths and trails, rugged hillsides and residential areas and involved personnel from Golden police, three area fire departments, and Alpine Search and Rescue.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/01/18/missing-man-golden-james-mitchell/
18895541d04060b00134f516279aa4c6.jpg
19fb3951c0dfeeb76085b938727e732e.jpg

I couldn’t find any new articles. I assume he was never found. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics