Found Deceased VT - Patricia 'Patti' Rooney, 57, Burlington, 13 Dec 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Police are searching for a missing Burlington woman who left home this week without her coat, cell phone or car.

Patricia Rooney, 57, was last seen by her family at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. She was reported missing Thursday afternoon, prompting an "extensive ground search" of the woods near her home on Fletcher Place.

Police said in a news release that Rooney had been recently suffering from depression. She is presumed to have left her home on foot.

The search continued Friday, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection was expected to assist with either a helicopter or a plane.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...ton-police-searching-missing-woman/955375001/
0c3a072ab3cc138bf32bfee32c192d29.jpg

http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/ne...to-bring-their-wife-and-mother-home/881892759

Burlington, Vt. - The search began Thursday night for 57-year-old Patricia Rooney.

We spoke with the Rooney family today and although they didn't want to go on camera they are desperately hoping to bring their wife and mother home.

The last time the family saw Patricia was before bed Wednesday night.

They also told me she had left unexpectedly once before, but this time is different saying she left behind essential items like her phone coat and vehicle.

*Video at the link*

According to white pages record for Burlington, she has also been known as Patti Hickok (likely her maiden name).

Awww, these kind of cases make me so sad :( Depression history, and right before Christmas :tears: Hoping and praying for a Christmas miracle, tho.

I'm really concerned for Patricia. Hopefully she just needed to get away and clear her head, but being gone since the 14th doesn't sound good.

I hope she's safe and warm somewhere.

It's a relatively small wooded area near her home, and I expect if she were in the woods she would have been found. It's a short walk to the Winooski River, though.

It sounds like she may have taken her purse. I think LE has probably already checked with cabs. Her home is close to the bus line, and I believe they're still running at that time.

No coat in December in Vermont is very concerning.

I’m acquainted with her sister. She went missing around December 14 2017. Not much has been said about the case.
http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/news/video/search-for-patricia-rooney_20171215230057/881882170.
Not sure I did this right.

Welcome to Websleuths vtmeme,

Unfortunately, this is not uncommon. Thousands of missing person's cases have become cold.

I admire you for wanting to help.

Does Patty's family run the website you posted?

If not are they in contact with you concerning the content of the site?

Please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Thanks,
Tricia

It has been snowing and very cold in Burlington. Not survivable if she is outside somewhere with no coat, hat and gloves.
I can only hope she is staying with someone.

Ah, I came back to check in on Patti, praying she'd be found safe before Christmas. This has to be unbelievably hard on the family at the holidays :(

They believe Patti’s body has been found. This was passed on to me by my sister in law who is a very close friend to Patti’s sister. A body was found yesterday afternoon. They are waiting for confirmation of dental records.

6A257E55-2DF6-4295-8740-3B41F2D9D106.jpg If I did this right here is from her home to approximately where she was found. They don’t believe she had the strength to walk that far. She must have ended up in the river and was carried by the current. I’ll update when I know more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back