Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltexans

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
ATTENTION WEBSLEUTHS MEMBERS:

Recently a handful of posters has been bickering, going off topic, and in general being a major pain in our moderator’s behinds.

The next person that argues posts something totally off topic or does anything against our terms of service that poster will get a time out and I will keep giving time outs until everyone understands.

This thread is about Yingying and her tragic murder. It is not for you to bicker back and forth about things that have NOTHING to do with Yingying.

If you have a problem with a post, hit the Alert button in the lower left-hand corner and follow the directions. Even if a poster directly calls you out, you need to ignore and alert. Let us handle it.

We do not allow rumors, posts from other forums, or posts from other blogs.

We do allow things relevant to the case to be discussed. Since the Fetlife website is in the affidavit, then we can discuss what this site has to do with the case. Please do not post any pictures or links to the site.

If you see something you don’t like you must alert and then scroll past the problem post.

Finally, our moderator “liltexans” is a fantastic and dedicated moderator. When liltexan speaks, you must listen to her. Show her the respect she deserves as one of our moderators.

You don’t want me to come back to this thread again. I am old, cranky, and I am desperate for a chocolate shake; therefore, I am not in a great mood. Best to listen to liltexan and post without violating our terms of service http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Thank you,

Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

UPDATE: Police release new details about missing UI scholar

image1.PNG

Police spokesman Pat Wade said Yingying Zhang, 26, boarded a Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District Teal line bus at 1:35 p.m. Friday at the south shelter at the Orchard Downs complex in Urbana. She got off the bus at 1:52 p.m. at Springfield and Mathews avenues in Urbana and hasn't been seen since then.

Wade said the last time she was seen, Zhang was wearing a charcoal-gray hat with a white logo on the front, a white/pink flannel long-sleeve shirt, a white undershirt, jeans, white shoes and a navy-blue backpack. She has shoulder-length brown hair and wears glasses.
89416_0611_loca_yingying_zhang.jpg

attachment.php

Multiple attempts to contact her at her home and on her cellphone have been unsuccessful, Wade said. Police have also talked to friends and checked local hospitals, as is routine in missing-persons cases.

The visiting scholar from China was headed to the One North apartment complex on North Lincoln Avenue in Urbana on Friday to sign a lease, Wade said.

"She texted the property manager at One North at 1:30 p.m., said she was going to be late and never showed up. That was the last anyone has heard from her," he said.
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...ase-new-details-about-missing-ui-scholar.html

The FBI says it has located the car that a missing Chinese scholar studying at the University of Illinois was last seen getting into earlier this month.

The FBI said in a Tuesday statement that it's received "numerous leads" regarding the black Saturn Astra and won't need any further information on the vehicle. Authorities also said they've developed "several additional leads" in the investigation.

FBI spokesman Brad Ware declined to give further details.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/fbi-locates-car-related-to-missing-chinese-scholar-case/2155842/

On Friday night, a day after hundreds marched in Urbana in support of Yingying Zhang, the FBI announced the arrest of Brendt Christensen, 28, of Champaign, on a federal criminal complaint that charges him with Zhang’s June 9 kidnapping.

Authorities said they think Zhang is no longer alive based on audio FBI agents heard of Christensen, under surveillance Thursday, describing how he kidnapped her and what the bureau described only as “other facts uncovered during the investigation of this matter.”

FBI spokesman Brad Ware said he couldn’t comment on where Zhang might be, saying: “It’s still an ongoing investigation.”

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...ted-ui-scholars-disappearance-fbi-presumes-he

Previous Thread - #6

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 91
Dear Websleuths Members,

In true crime, we have to deal with some very ugly topics, pictures, and situations.

We are a true crime discussion forum. It's what we do.

The police released documents saying the suspect had an account at Fetlife.

Our member mrsobrien did incredible sleuthing and came up with some posts by the suspect at Fetlife.

As sure as one can be the documents mrsobrien will post are from Brendt Christensen.

Fetlife was in the documents released by the police and will more than likely play a big role in a trial if there is one.

If you do not like it, if you find this offensive then you can choose not to participate in the discussion. You can leave the discussion
altogether if you like but please do not post any complaints or accuse Websleuths of doing horrible things.

Mrsobrien will be here shortly.

Thank you mrsobrien and all the members who sleuthed this part of the case.

Tricia

Personal disclaimer: I am a sex positive person with no issues with fetish communities. I also defend art and music like no other... in this context though, no beuno.

The following details are from Brendt Christensen’s Fetlife profile, username Akuma689. I believe this gives much insight into his interests and possible motive for the kidnapping and probable murder of Yingying. Of particular interest is the themed groups (abduction, ropes/chains bondage, fear, domination, BDSM, etc) he was a member of. I did not enter the vast majority of these groups. I also did not find any posts made by BC, but it's possible that the search function doesn't allow to search by user or that he was a lurker. I did see some social interaction between he and other members local to him, I've redacted that content from my screen shots for their privacy.

I viewed this site in the wee hours (PST) of July 1st, so keep that in mind when reading “24 days ago” and other time references. Given that I don't know what time zone Fetlife is in, the dates could be +/- 1 day as I was there between midnight and 1 am.

You can see the shots here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxaBCXtm5qnCNWJUbENlc1NRMDQ

I think that BC was on this site to network with folks with similar interests, though I bet he's among the very few that took his fantasy to a real life level. I have to wonder used the fantasy groups to inspire his crimes or if any of this content can provide insight into what he did to Yingying. Could he have filmed any part of the crime? Was she bound?

June 9: Yingying disappears

June 7: Date of last activity on Fetlife

Info on Fetlife:*
Akuma689, 28M Champaign, Ill
Married, dating
Is looking for a relationship, and mentor/teacher, and play partner, princess by day, s**t by night, friendship, and mistress, a sub, a slave.

24 days prior to July 1st, approximately June 7, two days before Yingying disappears. BC updates his profile and engages in social activity that I won't detail out of respect for the other parties’ privacy.

2 months prior to July 1: Active on Fetlife
****** Updates profile several times
**** Changes role to Dominant
***** Changes his role to Hedonist
****** Lists himself as married
****** Lists himself as being interested in (this list is snipped for focus)
Watching others wear shackles
Sex with strangers
Giving sensual domination
Sensory deprivation
Everything to do with sadomasochism
Rituals
Outdoor sex
Giving Objectification
Making home movies
Giving fear
Face slapping
Exhibitionism
Emotional sadism
Degradation
Defilement
Watching others wear chains
Giving belt whippings
Giving behavior modification
Receiving begging
Giving bare bottom spanking
Everything to do with: Anonymous encounters
Everything to do with Abduction play
Everything to do with Consensual nonconsent play
Giving Domination
Giving humiliation
Giving Pain
Giving sadism
Giving discipline
Giving Master/slave
Giving Mind *advertiser censored**ks
Everything to do with Predator/Prey
Giving bondage

Also two months prior to July 1st, joined groups (snipped)
5 different local BDSM groups
Domestic discipline
Fear play
Submissive/slaves
Mental BDSM, verbal humiliation, & mind f’s
Practicing polyamory
Primal, all types
Male owner, female property
Consensual nonconsent, blackmail, and slavery
Rope bondage
Predicament bondage
Behavior modification
Anonymous encounters
Abduction 101

Three months prior to July 1st
·******** Joined Fetlife
·******** Changed nickname from Buck_Dich689 to Akuma689
(Buck Dich is a song with very strong lyrics describing abuse and degradation http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/rammstein/bck+dich+bend+down+english_20619555.html)

Eta: why I'm so sure it's him:
He uses the prefix Akuma in other SM handles (Steam for example), 689 refers to his month and year of birth and is also used in other SM (Okcupid). The age, sex, and specific location are correct. There were pics including him in friends' profiles, I did not screen shot those as they were not his profile.

Fetlife management has apparently confirmed his identity as well, there was a thread in Abduction 101 that bore his full real name shortly before the group disappeared from view. I didnt get to read it before it poofed. Not sure if the group has been deleted or is in some sort of invisible mode or something, I didn't officially join the group, I just lurked around. All his friends have removed references to relationships with him.

I'm a skeptic by nature, but given all this...I'm 100% confident this is BC.

Mod Note

BC's wife is OFF LIMITS.

The woman from the march is OFF LIMITS.

STOP discussing and/or asking questions about either of these women.

STOP trying to find out if anyone is currently living in his apartment.

TIme Outs will be issued to those who continue to post with a disregard for the rules.

Final warning.

For what it’s worth, just saw this Canadian crime report today where the perps used a downsized (from industrial-size) incinerator called “the Eliminator” to do away with a body — they're apparently used on farms for use with dead farm animals, but are adequate for a human being. At over $15,000 not something BC could afford, but any chance he could access one among area farms or businesses???

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...or-dubbed-the-eliminator-burning-dimanno.html
...just grabbing at straws here (...or, alternatively, anything more to report, via Chambana I believe, about a landfill search?)

For what it’s worth, just saw this Canadian crime report today where the perps used a downsized (from industrial-size) incinerator called “the Eliminator” to do away with a body — they're apparently used on farms for use with dead farm animals, but are adequate for a human being. At over $15,000 not something BC could afford, but any chance he could access one among area farms or businesses???

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...or-dubbed-the-eliminator-burning-dimanno.html
...just grabbing at straws here (...or, alternatively, anything more to report, via Chambana I believe, about a landfill search?)

The Eliminator is a possibility as there are no doubt several farms in the region. It’s extremely likely that one or more of those farms would or could have one. My thinking is though, how could he just go onto a farm and use an Eliminator without being seen? Did he know any farmers? How to find out if there was an Eliminator in his region?

There are farms and facilities around here that would have incinerators like this or a bit larger. I have no idea if he would know where they are, or if he could gain access to them. Moreover, if he used one clandestinely, presumably the owners/operators would have noticed that it had been unexpectedly used in the days after June 9th....

There are farms and facilities around here that would have incinerators like this or a bit larger. I have no idea if he would know where they are, or if he could gain access to them. Moreover, if he used one clandestinely, presumably the owners/operators would have noticed that it had been unexpectedly used in the days after June 9th....
Are there any animal farms of that caliber in the area? There aren't in mine. There are scattered hog confinements in my area, but none large enough to invest in such a contraption. I think you'd have to be looking at something run by the really big meat producers, like Tysons (which is poultry, and I don't know the names of big pork producers, which is primarily what is raised in Illinois). I'm not directly in that area, so I'm not sure. You really can't miss these operations, though, because the smell of even a small hog confinement carries quite a distance.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Are there any animal farms of that caliber in the area? There aren't in mine. There are scattered hog confinements in my area, but none large enough to invest in such a contraption. I think you'd have to be looking at something run by the really big meat producers, like Tysons (which is poultry, and I don't know the names of big pork producers, which is primarily what is raised in Illinois). I'm not directly in that area, so I'm not sure. You really can't miss these operations, though, because the smell of even a small hog confinement carries quite a distance.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There are university facilities that have incinerators like this -perhaps a bit bigger. I know of at least two. Again, I have no idea if BC knew about them or if he could access them and operate them - and do so without it being noticed, as these facilities would have some people present on the weekend. He could have accessed one at night on the weekend, but someone would probably have noticed that it had been used unexpectedly.

There are university facilities that have incinerators like this -perhaps a bit bigger. I know of at least two. Again, I have no idea if BC knew about them or if he could access them and operate them - and do so without it being noticed, as these facilities would have some people present on the weekend. He could have accessed one at night on the weekend, but someone would probably have noticed that it had been used unexpectedly.

This is the first case, of many, that I've followed where people keep bringing up the idea of disposal of the body via incinerator in various contexts (maybe he had access due to his research as a physicist, maybe on a farm). Why has this idea gained so much traction? It seems very unlikely to me. It isn't a very common disposal method, and there are many -- hundreds if not thousands -- of bodies of murdered people that have never turned up or have turned up years after the fact because there is an almost infinite number of places to hide a body.

This is the first case, of many, that I've followed where people keep bringing up the idea of disposal of the body via incinerator in various contexts (maybe he had access due to his research as a physicist, maybe on a farm). Why has this idea gained so much traction? It seems very unlikely to me. It isn't a very common disposal method, and there are many -- hundreds if not thousands -- of bodies of murdered people that have never turned up or have turned up years after the fact because there is an almost infinite number of places to hide a body.

As I’ve argued from way back the fact that the police have never been seen doing extensive searches themselves NOR ever encouraged the public to search means to me that they know from taped recordings of BC that the body was disposed one of two general ways:

1) a location that is unsafe or off-limits to the public such as a landfill, cave, mineshaft…
or
2) the body has been totally destroyed with almost nothing to find — there are several possible ways, but incineration seems (to me) the most probable of all the unlikely ways.

I originally believed the body would be in a landfill, but the longer we go with no progress/information on that front, the more open I am to the 2nd possibility above. Indeed, I’ll be very surprised if an intact body/skeleton is found in a field, woods, waterway, building etc. as some still surmise.

Perhaps because of his past association with the university?

As I’ve argued from way back the fact that the police have never been seen doing extensive searches themselves NOR ever encouraged the public to search means to me that they know from taped recordings of BC that the body was disposed one of two general ways:

1) a location that is unsafe or off-limits to the public such as a landfill, cave, mineshaft…
or
2) the body has been totally destroyed with almost nothing to find — there are several possible ways, but incineration seems (to me) the most probable of all the unlikely ways.

I originally believed the body would be in a landfill, but the longer we go with no progress/information on that front, the more open I am to the 2nd possibility above. Indeed, I’ll be very surprised if an intact body/skeleton is found in a field, woods, waterway, building etc. as some still surmise.

Law enforcement has also discouraged/not encouraged searching for Danielle Stislicki, nor have they conducted widespread searches themselves, and they have said it's because absent some specific information about the location of her body the area is just too large, and untrained volunteers will probably cause more harm (e.g., to evidence) than good. They have done a few targeted searches, but haven't publicized those. I would be willing to bet that they are still hoping that YY will turn up, and they are hoping that it will be because they are told where she is.

Perhaps because of his past association with the university?

I've been associated with six different universities and have had no access to an incinerator, nor would I even know where to find one on any of those campuses.

I've been associated with six different universities and have had no access to an incinerator, nor would I even know where to find one on any of those campuses.
And if you did find one, would you know how to use it? I wouldn't, and I doubt a novice would try it. Many areas used to incinerate their garbage, so I have no doubt that many murder victims were ultimately incinerated in earlier decades, but I think it would be rare nowadays, at least in urban or suburban areas. If Christensen burned YY's body, it's more likely that he transported her to a rural area and burned her in a barrel or fire pit.

Law enforcement has also discouraged/not encouraged searching for Danielle Stislicki, nor have they conducted widespread searches themselves, and they have said it's because absent some specific information about the location of her body the area is just too large, and untrained volunteers will probably cause more harm (e.g., to evidence) than good. They have done a few targeted searches, but haven't publicized those. I would be willing to bet that they are still hoping that YY will turn up, and they are hoping that it will be because they are told where she is.

We know very little of what LE got on tape from BC talking to the informant… except we know he apparently said he took YZ back to his apt., she fought/resisted him, and he killed her. It’s incredible that he told this person ANYthing, but I have to believe her next question was, ‘well what did you do with the body?’ and that BC (being a delusional narcissist) proudly proclaimed ‘I did _____________, so the police will never find it.’ Just my guess obviously, but again I suspect there’s a treasure trove of info on those tapes that police haven’t released, but that answer a lot of our questions.

We know very little of what LE got on tape from BC talking to the informant… except we know he apparently said he took YZ back to his apt., she fought/resisted him, and he killed her. It’s incredible that he told this person ANYthing, but I have to believe her next question was, ‘well what did you do with the body?’ and that BC (being a delusional narcissist) proudly proclaimed ‘I did _____________, so the police will never find it.’ Just my guess obviously, but again I suspect there’s a treasure trove of info on those tapes that police haven’t released, but that answer a lot of our questions.

Possible, but the _____ could be filled in with anything, like, "took her and dumped her in the country" or, "found a dumpster and put her in it," or, "put her somewhere where no one will find her," "took her to one of the Great Lakes and threw her in it," etc.

Yesterday during Google search for whatever, I stumbled upon this: pawn shops partially have incinerators too.

Continuing with this discussion, I doubt he incinerated her -but it IS a possibility that is reasonable to consider in light of the lack of any info on what the authorities know about how she was disposed of. Not likely, but not so far-fetched that it can just be dismissed out of hand.

They have not encouraged the public to get out and search, but at least as recently as October, from what I remember reading from a Zhidong Wang interview, they were still searching for her. If he is correct with that information, then it's likely they don't think her remains were destroyed. Rather, I think they believe she was buried somewhere or put in a body of water, they have been searching spots suggested by the investigation, and they have come up short and are now running out of obvious places to look. Thus, they don't think they will find her unless someone stumbles across something, or Christensen finally talks.

If he buried her somewhere, it could be literally anywhere in a secluded wooded area or on farmland concealed by brush -and if no one saw anything suspicious, no one would think to look there; it could be literally anywhere. If it was secluded enough that he had time to select a spot and pre-prepare a deep enough hole, animals would not have been able to dig it up and scatter remains -making it unlikely that hunters or the random hiker would eventually stumble across something.

If he sunk her in a body of water, there are a more reasonable number of places to target -but even here, after a while there become too many to look at thoroughly. I have a suspicion that they believe he sunk her remains somewhere; they were searching Kaufman Lake (small lake just a block down from his complex) with divers multiple times while he was under surveillance, and I was told that they were searching some small lakes a few miles north of his apartment on the very day he was arrested. My guess is that if they were doing that, it was prompted by something they heard on the recorded conversations on the 29th that led directly to his arrest. Still, after checking bodies of water in the immediate area and coming up empty, once you start fanning out into rural areas, there are just too many lakes, ponds, farm ponds, creeks and small rivers to go through unless you have some info that can narrow down the ones to search.

Landfill is also still possible. Chambana said it would possibly take multiple months of digging and sorting, and we have no idea when they may have started this process if they were doing so.....

Forgive me if this is not allowed as I am new to websleuths and this is my first post.
I found out about this case 5 months ago due to a youtuber named LordanArts. I don't know if his video has been shared on this forum but I thought I would share a link to it in case it hasn't.

[video]https://youtu.be/HItGC5E-OwA[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member