NM NM - Las Cruces, Rinconada Blvd, UncFem 40-50, UP17320, Jewelry, Sunglasses (pics), Dec'17

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
25289532_1560991203987350_3945067998308864212_n-630x467.jpg

LAS CRUCES – The Las Cruces Police Department released several photos and Las Cruces Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $1,000, which officials hope will spur tips that help identify the person whose remains were found Sunday off Rinconada Boulevard.

LCPD released the photos of several pieces of evidence found near the remains. Investigators hope someone will recognize the items collected that, in turn, will help identify the remains. The items include five pieces of jewelry, the label from a coat and a pair of sunglasses. Investigators are also releasing the image of a small piece of paper with the hopes someone might recognize the handwriting.
Investigators have also not been able to determine the gender or approximate age of the individual. It is unknown if foul play is involved or how long the remains had been in the undeveloped area that’s west of the intersection of Rinconada and Sonoma Ranch boulevards, police said.
https://www.abqjournal.com/1107244/...eward-for-information-into-human-remains.html

This is very close to where the new HUGE Walmart went up...they've built a 'cancer center' and little mini strip mall and other stuff. that whole area is being developed.

I'd say female by the look of the rings...There is a female went missing years and years ago, let me see if I can find her again. I was just looking last night.

The cross necklace pendant looks just like the one Juanita Coffield wore:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/39449/

but I cannot find any other connection or explanation for how she would have gotten from Virginia to NM on foot (ETA: her profile DOES say she hitchhiked in the past). No mention of her wearing rings and her hands look bare in the other photos. That style cross is probably really common. (If anyone feels like submitting Juanita, please go ahead).

Juanita's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?340012-VA-Juanita-Coffield-77-Chesapeake-3-June-2017

The sunglasses look to me, more like a male would own and the rings are a bit masculine looking too. Heavy settings. The size of the rings may help.

Yes, I did go back and zoomed in, they are more masculine...any idea what the small item is all the way to the right? And the lady I thought of is older and she's been missing for years,

http://www.missingpersons.dps.state.nm.us/
Debbie Escalante is who I was thinking of.

Hopefully we get more info after the Medical Examiner.

I could not find any clothing line called International Fashions.

Wish we could get a picture of his/her clothing...

The small item on the right appears to be a small lapel pin of a cross in front of church or church steeple shape. It is very familiar looking to me but i can't place it. Perhaps something worn by a particular Christian denomination? Or an award pin for some accomplishment? Or a chaplains pin? IDK.

Guess we wait til further info...we don't know if these were bones only or a decomposing body.

I wonder how long before we see something? Is it appropriate for me to email a lady at the medical examiner's office for info?

UGH...give the whole damn piece of paper, top of it is Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, ETC

From the picture of the clothing tag at that link it says "International Fashions From the World Made in Korea".

Also the paper with writing has more letters showing and seems to be the days of the week (in English) on top row: S M T W T for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wed, Thursday. Could second row be a different language? A cheat sheet for remembering the days maybe?

Monday. . .lunes

Tuesday . . .martes

Wednesday. . .miércoles

Thursday . . . jueves

Friday . . .viernes

Saturday. . .sábado

Sunday. . .domingo

Monday. . .lunes

Tuesday . . .martes

Wednesday. . .miércoles

Thursday . . . jueves

Friday . . .viernes

Saturday. . .sábado

Sunday. . .domingo

Spanish doesn't appear to work if the bottom layers are also meant as letters for the days. French is out as well. :thinking:

Perhaps Russian?

According to Google Translate:

Sunday = Воскресенье (Voskresen'ye)

Monday = понедельник (ponedel'nik)

Tuesday= вторник (vtornik)

Wednesday = среда (sreda)

Thursday = Четверг (Chetverg)

It's not exact... but some symbols/sounds are close....

I'm more interested in what's on the BACKof the piece of paper.

The pin with cross looks like Mexican.

The piece of paper is positioned on (what looks like) a pill box with the days of the week on. pillbox3.jpg

The piece of paper is positioned on (what looks like) a pill box with the days of the week on. View attachment 127869

Wow! Great catch! Names of medicine? Some kind of cancer regimen?

I was just about to post that msybe the days corresponded to initials for the names of clients. Like she was a cleaning lady. But if in fact this is a pillbox, that explains why they asked for public to recognize handwriting as opposed to what it means. Big difference.

There are A LOT of people missing from Las Cruces and the surrounding area. http://missingpersons.dps.state.nm.us/
I'm typing up a list of the missing from Las Cruces, and any smaller town on one of the roads that go into Las Cruces. I'm leaving out the other large cities for the moment because I think this is more than enough to check first.

attachment.php

Based on the description, I'm thinking this is a picture of the area this UID was found.

Attachments

• UIDlocation.jpg
    UIDlocation.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 98

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members