TX TX - Alberto Arias-Nunez, 37, Houston, Dec 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Tyler police are searching for a missing man from the Houston area.

Police are searching for Alberto Arias-Nunez, 37, of Houston.

According to family and friends, Arias-Nunez was headed to Tyler to purchase a vehicle.
Police say his vehicle was later located in the Waskom area. The department is working with Waskom officers to locate Arias-Nunez.

http://www.newswest9.com/story/3711...or-houston-man-reported-missing-in-east-texas
295eff258fee71b0b55e1721fbe413d8.jpg

So strange! Did he purchase the new vehicle? Was he traveling with a large amount of cash for the purchase?

This is an odd one. I keep coming back to why drive over 200 miles to buy a car when Houston has so many. Was it a classic or exotic? You generally don’t drive 3.5 hours for a Toyota Corolla. Furthermore if he drove his car how was he getting the other car back? You need someone with you to drive the other vehicle. Was the new one on a trailer and he was going to haul it back? It almost sounds like an excuse for something else.

This is an odd one. I keep coming back to why drive over 200 miles to buy a car when Houston has so many. Was it a classic or exotic? You generally don’t drive 3.5 hours for a Toyota Corolla. Furthermore if he drove his car how was he getting the other car back? You need someone with you to drive the other vehicle. Was the new one on a trailer and he was going to haul it back? It almost sounds like an excuse for something else.

Quoting myself because I can’t seem to edit. I guess I should have read all the articles.

He went to look at the car at a body shop a friend owned. Okay that I can see. Friend holds car while it’s being repaired and then figure out logistics.

Tyler isn’t a “i’ll Be right back” trip from houston. 3.5 hours each way plus time to look at the car and lunch.

Catfish Village is a restaurant in Waskom. Was that where they ate lunch? Does the restaurant have cameras?

He probably ate lunch with the friend in Tyler, the one that owns the body shop. Seems improbable that a car in a body shop would be a reason to travel for 31/2 hours.

Reminds me of the Mcstay murders. Drove many miles to have lunch with a friend (business associate), Mcstays disappeared that evening, car found many miles away from home.

Perhaps the friend helped him disappear - one way or another. Could go either way. He disappeared in the middle of the day? Phone, wallet and keys missing. Any word on phone pings? Did they drink any beers at lunch?

HUGE lake right behind where he went missing, have they looked?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 5.38.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 5.38.59 PM.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 5.42.01 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 5.42.01 PM.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 497
Alberto Arias was last seen purchasing a 2005 white Ford Expedition in Tyler on Dec. 13. His wife Bianca Arias said she expected him to come back home that night but he never showed up.
"He said I'm just going to go see this car, I'm going to be right back," Bianca Arias told Chron.com. "We weren't fighting, we weren't mad at each other."
Bianca Arias doesn't know how her husband found out about the Ford Expedition but said he often bought cars and resold them.
She tried calling him around 8 p.m. the day he bought the vehicle but he didn't answer. Bianca Arias stayed up until midnight that night but her husband still didn't arrive. By 6 a.m. the next day, she called family members, asked if they had seen or heard from him.

"I called the man who sold him the car and he told me that my husband made it to Tyler. He said they ate and then he left and he was on the way to Houston," Bianca Arias said.

Bianca Arias visited hospitals and other businesses in Tyler and the surrounding areas on Dec. 14 searching for her husband.
By Saturday, she reported her husband missing to the Tyler Police Department. At 11:15 p.m. that same day, Tyler police spokesman Don Martin said the department received a call from the Waskom Police Department near the Texas - Louisiana border.

Alberto Arias' Expedition was found in the parking lot of David Beard's Catfish Village, a restaurant near Interstate 20. Waskom is about 75 miles east of Tyler and about 230 miles northeast of Cypress.
http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/c...man-Tyler-bought-Ford-Expedition-12447349.php

Ok, so one article says he didn’t buy the car.. friend said he didn’t buy it so they just went and had lunch and Alberto went on his way. Now looking at the article above, it says Alberto was last seen purchasing a Ford Expedition. Add to that, the Ford Expedition was found at a restaurant. I’m a bit confused. Is that the restaurant he and his car selling friend had lunch at? Has the friend been THOROUGHLY interrogated? This smells fishy [emoji226]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Bianca got in touch with the person who planned to sell Alberto the car. He said Alberto decided not to buy it, they ate lunch together, and Alberto left for Houston.”

https://www.click2houston.com/news/man-disappears-after-leaving-cypress-to-buy-car-in-tyler

“Cypress man is missing after purchasing a vehicle in Tyler ... Alberto Arias was last seen purchasing a 2005 white Ford Expedition in Tyler on Dec. 13.”

http://m.chron.com/neighborhood/cyf...man-Tyler-bought-Ford-Expedition-12447349.php

WHICH ONE IS IT?

Waskom is a good hour (at least) East of Tyler where Cypress is South/Southwest, not where in his direction. If there is foul play this would likely be a ditch/drop location for the vehicle maybe or no? Is it worth searching there? I'm assuming LE has had dogs and hauled the vehicle in for prints but if they do not suspect foul play like I read then maybe they haven't.

HUGE lake right behind where he went missing, have they looked? t

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. . . This could go one of two directions. I hope the police thoroughly investigate and this isn’t one that falls through the cracks.

(Following)

(Hoping this isn't like Tim Bosma or Bud and June Runion.

So - the wife didn’t know how he found the truck he wanted to buy, but she contacted the owner? How’s that again??

I posted a reply to this thread, but it got deleted. I'm not sure what violation it contained. I didn't get a message or anything about the reason...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back