Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
https://www.cp24.com/news/pharma-gi...-barry-and-honey-sherman-found-dead-1.3723714
Pharmaceutical giant Barry Sherman and his wife Honey Sherman were found dead in a home in Toronto’s York Mills neighbourhood on Friday afternoon, sources confirm.

Emergency crews responded to a 9-1-1 medical call at a house located at 50 Old Colony Road, which is in the area of Bayview Avenue and Highway 401.
Firefighters, officers and paramedics arrived on scene just before 12 p.m. and located two bodies inside.
Barry Sherman was the chairman of generic drug company Apotex Inc. He and his wife were well known Toronto philanthropists.

Canadian Business magazine recently listed Barry Sherman as the 15th richest person in Canada, with a net worth of $4.77 billion.

Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims’ deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.

“The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” he said. “Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.”

Thread #1

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...apotex-founder-barry-sherman/article37348222/
attachment.php

Dr. Eric Hoskins, Ontario's Minister of Health and Long Term Care, tweeted: "I am beyond words right now. My dear friends Barry and Honey Sherman have been found dead. Wonderful human beings, incredible philanthropists, great leaders in health care. A very, very sad day. Barry, Honey, rest in peace."

Mr. Feldman said family members had told him that Mr. Sherman had not been at work on Thursday, and that no one had heard from his wife that day, either.
"We don't know what happened. A family member got information and called me. … We don't want to interfere with a police investigation, but on the other hand the kinfolk want to know about their kinfolk."
An Apotex spokesperson said they had just learned the news and would not be commenting immediately.

Attachments

• ZYOTSD53LJGDPHTLBTNWUCSRWA.JPG
    ZYOTSD53LJGDPHTLBTNWUCSRWA.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 89
Reading about these two just makes me wonder what it must be like to live without any concern about having enough money. It must be so amazing to not have that worry in the back of your mind constantly.

A lot of good it did them in the end :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched a very loving family grieving today. The family, friends, the co-workers, the associates ALL had the same message. These two people were devoted to their family and their empire.
A murder suicide seems nearly impossible to me. I may be wrong but I just find it unfathomable.
One suicide, yes. A murder, just no!

Agree with you about how loving they were towards one another. Their pain was palpable and so very hard to watch. The whole thing has been a nightmare. At this point, I don't have an opinion as to what happened. I hope TPS has information galore, proof and evidence and can persecute whoever did this to their loved ones.

Something like that or threats from the family to media outlets not to speculate about suicide.

I think the family is very concerned about the narrative being pushed out. That is completely understandable but it's definitely obvious they want to control what does and what doesn't get out. Also, I am still skeptical on a murder/suicide but just in general nobody wants to think their loved one is capable of doing something so horrific. As we've seen on shows like Dateline, 48 Hours, etc the family members often can't believe what a loved one is capable of and is in denial. I am not implying this is the case with the Sherman family who seem like lovely people but just in general nobody wants to believe a loved one is capable of murder. I think a second autopsy and investigation is a good idea but I do worry the investigator will not be impartial and will tell the family what they want to hear. I just hope in the end they get the truth because obviously this grieving family deserves that much.

I'm very familiar with that area. ;) I'm just really surprised that Barry would be that frugal given who he was.

He always drove older vehicles and was quite proud about running them into the ground. Honey would get him a newer (not new) model.
I doubt he would ever drive a new car, maybe a matter of pride or his frugality.

Not having a security system just tells me that he felt quite comfortable in that neighbourhood where his family had lived for many years. JMO

I think the family is very concerned about the narrative being pushed out. That is completely understandable but it's definitely obvious they want to control what does and what doesn't get out. Also, I am still skeptical on a murder/suicide but just in general nobody wants to think their loved one is capable of doing something so horrific. As we've seen on shows like Dateline, 48 Hours, etc the family members often can't believe what a loved one is capable of and is in denial. I am not implying this is the case with the Sherman family who seem like lovely people but just in general nobody wants to believe a loved one is capable of murder. I think a second autopsy and investigation is a good idea but I do worry the investigator will not be impartial and will tell the family what they want to hear. I just hope in the end they get the truth because obviously this grieving family deserves that much.

Would they really do another autopsy or have another person skilled in autopsies interpret the findings of the first one?

Agree with you about how loving they were towards one another. Their pain was palpable and so very hard to watch. The whole thing has been a nightmare. At this point, I don't have an opinion as to what happened. I hope TPS has information galore, proof and evidence and can persecute whoever did this to their loved ones.

Wonderful post. Thank you.

Even with all the sources coming out it's still in the back of my mind that police said no forced entry but more importantly - they're not looking for any outstanding suspects.

My take on the police statement... "Not looking for any outstanding suspects"... does not necessarily mean that there is not any suspect. It could have a quite different meaning. It could mean, they have already located their suspect, and have "eyes" on the person, or that person might already be in custody on another charge, LE waiting for the evidence to land that supports a murder charge.

In that scenario, LE would not be looking for any outstanding suspects.

has that been proved? Not being snarky, just not able to keep up.

Nothing has been proven, or even reported as fact. LE has been very tight-lipped on this case, not even officially calling it a homicide, only that a homicide detective is also investigating I suspect a lot of politics is involved. In high profile cases like this LE treads very lightly. Obfuscation is the name of the game.

I watched a very loving family grieving today. The family, friends, the co-workers, the associates ALL had the same message. These two people were devoted to their family and their empire.
A murder suicide seems nearly impossible to me. I may be wrong but I just find it unfathomable.
One suicide, yes. A murder, just no!

If there was only one suicide and no murder, how did the second person die?

I'm not following you - help me out.

jmo

He always drove older vehicles and was quite proud about running them into the ground. Honey would get him a newer (not new) model.
I doubt he would ever drive a new car, maybe a matter of pride or his frugality.

Not having a security system just tells me that he felt quite comfortable in that neighbourhood where his family had lived for many years. JMO
I agree with this. I think he seemed wisely frugal.

I also wont be shocked by any means if we find it to be true that there was no security system. I had a hunch early on when people were claiming "they must have security footage" that it could very well not be the case. They were certainly wealthy, but they weren't "celebrities". They didn't have paparazzi following them around and waiting outside their home. They didn't lead some kind of life that would pose a security risk. This was a normal, Toronto family from a close knit (well-to-do) community. I think I've know one family in my entire life to have a security system in their home, and there were certainly no cameras involved. It was a code you entered upon leaving and arriving home. I don't know where all this talk of cameras in every room and motion sensors is coming from... JMO.

I don't know why this is so shocking for some folks. Most people just lock their doors. Have a neighbour take in the paper and your mail when you're on vacation. Leave a porch light on. Remain vigilant. Simple stuff :). And BS sounded like a simple guy.

Wonder if honey was carjacked. Then forced to drive home. Also, wonder if the SUV impounded by LE was the same vehicle that Honey drove to South Carolina in ?

I also wont be shocked by any means if we find it to be true that there was no security system. I had a hunch early on when people were claiming "they must have security footage" that it could very well not be the case. They were certainly wealthy, but they weren't "celebrities". They didn't have paparazzi following them around and waiting outside their home. They didn't lead some kind of life that would pose a security risk. This was a normal, Toronto family from a close knit (well-to-do) community. I think I've know one family in my entire life to have a security system in their home, and there were certainly no cameras involved. It was a code you entered upon leaving and arriving home. I don't know where all this talk of cameras in every room and motion sensors is coming from... JMO.

I don't know why this is so shocking for some folks. Most people just lock their doors. Have a neighbour take in the paper and your mail when you're on vacation. Leave a porch light on. Remain vigilant. Simple stuff :). And BS sounded like a simple guy.

Thank you for agreeing with my post. I do feel, however, that frugality has its limits. When you are the 15th wealthiest person in the country, a multi Billionaire, it would be prudent to take some measures to protect yourself. Perhaps he was a bit naive.

Another family friend and business partner not buying the murder-suicide scenario is Frank D’Angelo, who spoke to Apotex founder and chairman Barry Sherman just 36 hours before he and his wife died inside their York Mills mansion.

“I think it’s a murder,” said Frank D’Angelo.

A double murder.

http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...family-and-friends-of-barry-and-honey-sherman

”and also look at the security cameras”. Frank D’Angelo.

Security cameras? Either they did or didn’t have them. ��

I agree with what you've posted 100%. I think the confusion for many is the fact that it was reported early-on that the security camera in the poolroom was disabled. It was also reported that a rep. from the security company was called in.

”and also look at the security cameras”. Frank D’Angelo.

Security cameras? Either they did or didn’t have them. ��

seems like he would know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members