GUILTY WI - Slenderman Case Morgan Geyser & Anissa Weier Sentenced to Mental Hospitals

SurfieTX

Reaction score
UPDATE: BOTH GIRLS IN THE SLENDERMAN STABBINGS DESPITE BEING TRIED AS ADULTS HAVE BEEN SENTENCED TO MENTAL HOSPITALS AND NOT PRISON.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41292913

Anissa Weier, 16 has been sentenced to 25 years in a mental hospital.
Morgan Geyser will receive her sentence to a mental hospital in Feb. 2018.

Payton Leutner, the victim of her friend's vicious attack has recovered and is now 15-years-old.

For more updated information continue on this thread

Thread #1
Thread #2

Judge rules Anissa Weier should be committed for mental health treatment for 25 years

WAUKESHA, Wis. —
A Waukesha County judge has ruled one of the two girls who stabbed a sixth-grade classmate to please the fictional internet character Slender Man will be committed to a mental health institution for 25 years

Anissa Weier, 16, was found not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect earlier this year in the stabbing of Payton Leutner in 2014.

http://www.wisn.com/article/slender-man-attacker-to-be-sentenced-today/14479555

From the Chicago Tribune:
One of two Wisconsin girls who tried to kill a classmate to win favor with a fictional horror character named Slender Man was sentenced Thursday to 25 years in a mental hospital, the maximum punishment possible.
Anissa Weier, 16, pleaded guilty in August to being a party to attempted second-degree intentional homicide, but she claimed she wasn't responsible for her actions because she was mentally ill. In September, a jury agreed.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...der-man-stabbing-sentence-20171221-story.html

I'll write about this case, the sentencing, and more tomorrow. Right now. It's bedtime for this old bat. Gotta find my gravity boots, hang upside down and sleep.

Thanks all for participating.

Tricia

I do believe that if released, Morgan and Anissa would kill someone, not because they are mentally ill but because they've already stabbed someone with the intent to kill and once you know how that feels, is there ever a going back?

I watched the trial of Anissa Weier, and feel that she was and still is a very manipulative youngster.

She got the verdict that she wanted, though I think that she may be very unhappy that the judge sentenced her to the max. Her attorney asked for around half of the max.

Back in September of 2017, Morgan Geyser pleaded Guilty to the stabbing and attempted murder of her friend Payton Leutner.

Morgan Geyser is pleading guilty in the "Slender Man" stabbing of a classmate, in a deal that will allow her to not be sentenced to prison. Instead, Geyser will be committed in a mental hospital.

Morgan Geyser does not know yet how long she will be sentenced to the mental hospital.

However, her partner in the stabbing, Anissa Weier was recently sentenced to 25 years in a mental hospital.

Anissa Weier, 16, had pleaded guilty in August to being a party to attempted second-degree homicide. However, a jury agreed in September with her claim that she was not responsible for her actions because of mental illness.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...l-hospital-in-wisconsins-slender-man-stabbing

In a nutshell, all three girls were 12-years-old when this happened. Yes, I said 12-years-old. Two of the girls, Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier, decided to kill Payton Leutner to please a fake Internet horror monster called "Slenderman".

Both girls pleaded guilty and both will be sentenced to a mental facility. Anissa Weier is going to a state hospital for 25 years. The other girl, Morgan Geyser, will learn of her sentence in Feb of 2018.

They were tried as adults.

This is so freaky I am at a loss.

No matter how freaky I am glad they were not convicted and sent to adult jail. They would have come out tougher and meaner than ever.

This way there is hope, even though it may be slim, that the girls will get the help they so desperately need before they are released on society again.

As much as we want to punish people in the country at times even though a certain punishment will fit a crime it is better to do something that may help a situation rather than make it worse.

Look, both of these girls will get out before they are 40. I would rather have them spending those years in a hospital rather sent to prison at 14.

Let's hope that
Payton Leutner is able to cope with the nightmare that became her life. Can you imagine the shock and the fear to see your two friends turn on you and try to kill you when you are only 12? OMG. I can't imagine.

Thoughts?

Let's not forget the victim was only 12 when her two friends turned on her and started stabbing trying to kill her.

Payton Leutner is getting on with her life but, as outlined in the letter to the judge, Payton slept with scissors ahead of the sentencing.

Read the complete letter to the judge from the Payton family RIGHT HERE

I couldn’t open the link to the Leutner letter, Tricia, so here is an article that quotes it in it’s entirety.

http://fox6now.com/2017/12/20/she-s...bbing-victims-family-submits-letter-to-judge/

This case shocked me when it happened and still does. I can’t begin to imagine how Payton felt. Apparently she has never spoken of the attack, so I don’t know if any kind of counseling happened. But she is moving on and I hope she will heal emotionally as much as possible. I wish her all the best in whatever she chooses to do with her life.

I agree that both of her attackers need mental health treatment for many years. They wouldn’t get that in prison. I hope the help they receive causes them to understand the enormity of their violent attack on Payton. Even though their mental illness mitigates their responsibility to a degree, I still think it will be a sign of returning sanity if they both feel terrible about what they did and work hard to show that they are sorry. They can’t change what they did, but they can try to become decent, caring young women who help others.

I am glad that the judge saw right through Anissa's words and realized she needed a longer sentence in the mental facility. It seems everyone did a great report on Anissa for the judge to make his decision.

I hope everyone can heal as much as they can from this tragic event as well as possible.

Wisconsin girl to be sentenced for Slender Man stabbing, faces up to 40 years in mental hospital

One of two Wisconsin girls who tried to kill a classmate with a knife to appease fictional horror character Slender Man is expected to find out Thursday how long she'll spend in a mental institution for the attack.

Prosecutors want 15-year-old Morgan Geyser to spend the maximum 40 years in a mental hospital for stabbing Payton Leutner in suburban Milwaukee in 2014. But Geyser's attorneys will make their own case for what they believe is best for Geyser during a daylong hearing in Waukesha County Circuit Court.

I certainly hope these two will not be spending years together at the same mental facility. They showed that they feed off each other’s mental illness to the extreme of attempted murder. I assume they have had treatment while going through the legal process. Has it moved either one of them to acknowledge the enormity of what they did? Or is their illness beyond treatment at this point? Here’s hoping that in 25 years or so they are “cured” and will not be a danger when released. But no matter what, they should be separated.

You would think with today's technology science would be able to heal these children. <modsnip>

Notice of appeal filed in Slender Man stabbing case

Morgan Geyser's attorney, Matthew Pinix, filed a notice of appeal but declined to outline the basis for the appeal Monday.

Geyser pleaded guilty to attempted first-degree intentional homicide last year in a deal with prosecutors to avoid prison. She was committed to the maximum sentence of 40 years in the institution.​

I watched the HBO special on this case. If I am being totally honest, in MOO, I found Morgan's mother to be disingenuous. She married a man with schizophrenia, had a child with this man and then supposedly never saw any signs that Morgan was heading in that direction? It is widely believed that genetics plays a part.

This case is tragic for everyone, but mostly for the victim and her family.

And now Morgan's attorney is appealing?? I would think they wouldn't press their luck with the judicial system, because the punishment could have been much worse and harsh.

Yes, schizophrenics have a chance at a prognosis that they can be a functioning adult in society, but only if Morgan and her family embrace the diagnosis and treatment offered. I didn't get from the HBO special that Mother or daughter were embracing the diagnosis and treatment. In fact in one the hearings in 2016, one the psychiatrists said that Morgan was refusing to take the medication (link below). So, I think at this point, 40 years supervised in a mental health facility is more than fair.

Slender Man Stabbing Update: Is Anissa Weier Insane?

Premieres tonight at 8:00PM on Lifetime:

Terror In the Woods (2018)
Inspired by true events, Rachel (Ella West Jerrier) and Kaitlyn (Sophie Grace) are two quiet, shy 12-year-old best friends in small-town Georgia. Like many 12 year-olds, they liked having sleepovers and spent much of their time on the internet often looking up scary stories. Their favorite internet spooky story is that of the Suzerain, a clawed monster who lures children to his palace in the forest. To their parents, it seemed like a harmless ghost story, but in reality, the girls believed the Suzerain was real and that he would hurt their families unless they did what he told them to, which was perform a blood sacrifice...

Terror in the Woods | Lifetime

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back