VA - Scott Fricker, 48, & Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43, slain, Reston, 22 Dec 2017 *daughter’s bf charged*

JaneEyre

Kindness matters - always
Reaction score
Teen charged in Virginia with killing girlfriend's parents, who worried he was a neo-Nazi

December 23rd, 2017

Buckley Kuhn-Fricker was so disturbed by what she discovered about her teenage daughter's boyfriend that she spent a tumultuous week pushing for a breakup. By Thursday, she texted a friend saying the "outspoken Neo Nazi" was out of their lives.

But just hours later, the family said that the 17-year-old boyfriend had shot and killed Kuhn-Fricker, 43, and her husband, Scott, 48 in their Reston, Virginia, home. It happened around 5 a.m. Friday, while the couple's children and relatives were inside. They had gathered to celebrate the Christmas holiday.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/na...ers-teen-charged-neo-nazi-20171223-story.html

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Teen charged in Virginia with killing girlfriend's parents, who worried he was a neo-Nazi

December 23rd, 2017

Buckley Kuhn-Fricker was so disturbed by what she discovered about her teenage daughter's boyfriend that she spent a tumultuous week pushing for a breakup. By Thursday, she texted a friend saying the "outspoken Neo Nazi" was out of their lives.

But just hours later, the family said that the 17-year-old boyfriend had shot and killed Kuhn-Fricker, 43, and her husband, Scott, 48 in their Reston, Virginia, home. It happened around 5 a.m. Friday, while the couple's children and relatives were inside. They had gathered to celebrate the Christmas holiday.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/na...ers-teen-charged-neo-nazi-20171223-story.html

I read this, this morning. How horrible. I'll be glad when this year moves on out. Maybe 2018 will be better. One can hope.

Buckley .. nation's only certified Aging Life Care Manager who is also a licensed attorney

Scott worked for the US Bureau of Labor Statistics

Washington Post includes more details and background.

Janet Kuhn said the family staged an intervention with her granddaughter on Wednesday, taking her to the District to a friend’s house to try to convince her to stay away from the boyfriend. There was anger, crying and a long discussion about the Nazis, she said, but the teenager eventually agreed it was in her best interests to end the relationship.

After the girl broke it off, Kuhn-Fricker texted a friend Thursday night, saying she had sent the following message to the boyfriend’s mother: “[The boyfriend] was sneaking into our house at night . . . and is an outspoken Neo Nazi. These things render any legal redemption void.”

So, so awful. May they forever rest in peace. That poor teenage girl must be carrying the sheer weight of the world on her shoulders right now. I just hope she is getting massive support and won't be blamed for what happened to her parents and can eventually pick up the pieces and live the type of life her parents dedicated themselves to giving her. This is beyond sad. Words fail me. *cries*

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Just saw this -- SMH -- What is the world coming to? Oh, what a tragedy -- and how is their daughter coping with all of it?

Parents Killed After Warning Daughter About Boyfriend’s Racist Views, Family Says
By JACEY FORTINDEC. 24, 2017
A few days before her death, Ms. Kuhn-Fricker emailed administrators at her daughter’s high school and attached images of social media posts she attributed to her daughter’s boyfriend that included anti-Semitic and homophobic content and referred to Hitler, Nazi book burnings and white supremacy, The Post reported.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/24/...edCenter&action=click&src=recg&pgtype=article

I've never posted a new crime so if I messed up, please let me know.

You did a great job! Thanks for starting this thread.

I’ve wondered that too. She has to be traumatized. I wish the family had gotten professional help to deal with this situation, but maybe nothing would have worked. [emoji22]
What could they have done, though?

How awful. These parents brought their daughter up to be fair and open minded and she gets involved with a racist, neo nazi and falls under his spell.He was not much more than a child either. I blame the hate groups which proliferate on the Internet and brainwash young men with white supremacy nonsense.
They had good reason to worry about this relationship, most of those groups are misogynistic in the extreme, too.

How awful. These parents brought their daughter up to be fair and open minded and she gets involved with a racist, neo nazi and falls under his spell.He was not much more than a child either. I blame the hate groups which proliferate on the Internet and brainwash young men with white supremacy nonsense.
They had good reason to worry about this relationship, most of those groups are misogynistic in the extreme, too.
I have to wonder what his parents knew about his activities, what their views are, etc. I'm not sure how they couldn't notice they were raising a nazi, and I wonder if he took the gun from his parents or got it some other way.

I have to wonder what his parents knew about his activities, what their views are, etc. I'm not sure how they couldn't notice they were raising a nazi, and I wonder if he took the gun from his parents or got it some other way.

I think that some parents have no idea what their teenagers get up to online. His parent's may hold those views too, but maybe not. Kids rebel against parental views at that age and often, for a while, will go in the opposite direction, especially if they don't have great self esteem and go looking for it elswhere.

I think that some parents have no idea what their teenagers get up to online. His parent's may hold those views too, but maybe not. Kids rebel against parental views at that age and often, for a while, will go in the opposite direction, especially if they don't have great self esteem and go looking for it elswhere.
That's why I'd like to know more, and especially about the gun used. So far, no updates that I have found today.

What could they have done, though?

I really don’t know. I just know in general it doesn’t usually work to try to convince a teenager her boyfriend is evil, even when it’s true. So I just wonder if professional help on that end would have helped.

I really don’t know. I just know in general it doesn’t usually work to try to convince a teenager her boyfriend is evil, even when it’s true. So I just wonder if professional help on that end would have helped.
Yeah, I'm thinking of my teenage years, and it seems that the more the parents push to get rid of a boyfriend, the more the child resists.

So much hatred of Jews all over the world. The reactions about the US Embassy show the hate in all its' ugly glory.

Thanks for starting this thread vmmking. I can’t help but notice the juxtaposition of threads we’ve been on together recently...from dogs killing their owner to a wannabe Nazi teenager murdering his girlfriend’s parents. Somehow I feel safer around the dogs and certainly more sympathetic toward them!

I’m honestly not sure what the family could have done differently. They couldn’t let her associate with him and wanted her to come to that conclusion herself before she got in too deep. But teens love what they love and they’re not really rational about it. I’d like to know if they really did get through to her or if she just told them what they wanted to hear. I feel horrible for her and for her brothers and entire family. What a burden to carry. :(

ETA: Reading more carefully, I see that they had been dating since June and she spent hours on the phone listening to him. She was already in deep. She had already mentioned that he said the Jews were partly responsible for WWII. Yikes! So was it the texts/tweets from an unidentified account that precipitated the intervention? I guess it wasn’t clear how toxic he was until this past week?

But the teen brought a gun with him to sneak in the parents house so it sounds like the teen planned a crime one way or another. Possibly kidnapping their daughter, committing suicide in front of her, or murder suicide. The father interrupted whatever was going on because of hearing a noise. Possibly he saved his daughters life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back