CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...s-five-felonies-colorado-1-indiana/754663001/

This article explains DN faces 6 felony charges altogether as well as still being a Poi in In (cannot rule him out but not enough evidence to make him a suspect).

One thing I notice is the article says the arrest warrants are sealed so that seems strange. Anyone know why that would be? Also with the unknown plea deal - why all the secrecy?

One thing I want to mention is that TW was killed on the same day that the killer of DN's brother was sentenced to 16 years. Could have been some anger there and then he encountered or was cut up by the cyclist or vice versa.
:cow:

Thanks for starting this thread, emptybottles; it has been much overdue!!
:rockon:

Thanks so much, emptybottles and Shires.

I believe DN's next Court Date is Jan. 3rd. (Needing KizzyKat to post her great Thumbnail Image of upcoming court dates!)

I'm so hoping that we'll learn something about this mysterious "plea bargain." IIRC, the DA made an offer to DN and was presented with a counter from him at last court date?

Thanks for starting this thread!

Micah Lambert, age 39, went missing in Teller County, Colo. on Sept. 23, 2017. The search for her was discontinued after only (4) days and soon thereafter her friends held a Celebration of Life service for her. I find this confusing.

Also, due to the proximity in both time and place to TW's murder, leaves me wondering why there has never been any mention by LE or MSM of a possible connection between the two cases.

http://www.krdo.com/news/teller-cou...d-of-missing-colorado-springs-woman/631366554

TCSO: After 4 days of searching, no evidence found of missing Colorado Springs woman

TELLER COUNTY, Colo. - The Teller County Sheriff's Office has discontinued their search near Divide for a woman reported missing out of Colorado Springs.

Micah Lambert, 39, was reported missing on September 24
[2017]. Her gray, Honda Element was found in the Catamount Recreational Area parking lot near Divide.

Teller County Search and Rescue has been conducting foot searches using scent dogs and sonar boats since Friday, September 29. After four days of searching, the Teller County Sheriff's Office says it has not been able to locate any evidence of Lambert ever being in the area other than her vehicle
. <snipped>

Micah Lambert, age 39, went missing in Teller County, Colo. on Sept. 23, 2017. The search for her was discontinued after only (4) days and soon thereafter her friends held a Celebration of Life service for her. I find this confusing.

Also, due to the proximity in both time and place to TW's murder, leaves me wondering why there has never been any mention by LE or MSM of a possible connection between the two cases.

http://www.krdo.com/news/teller-cou...d-of-missing-colorado-springs-woman/631366554

TCSO: After 4 days of searching, no evidence found of missing Colorado Springs woman

TELLER COUNTY, Colo. - The Teller County Sheriff's Office has discontinued their search near Divide for a woman reported missing out of Colorado Springs.

Micah Lambert, 39, was reported missing on September 24
[2017]. Her gray, Honda Element was found in the Catamount Recreational Area parking lot near Divide.

Teller County Search and Rescue has been conducting foot searches using scent dogs and sonar boats since Friday, September 29. After four days of searching, the Teller County Sheriff's Office says it has not been able to locate any evidence of Lambert ever being in the area other than her vehicle
. <snipped>

Do we know if her vehicle was impounded and investigated for prints and DNA? Sounds like they're suspecting her car was driven there, not by her.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Mo...-of-interest-in-Delphi-murders-448560803.html

Court date is coming up. What is in the plea bargain? What does Daniel Nations know that he has to plea bargain with?

A plea deal does not necessarily mean that DN knows anything with which to 'trade'. He may be agreeing to plea to a lesser charge and the county is interested in saving the expense and time it takes to hold a full blown trial on the original charges or it may be that the state can not prove the original charges of menacing but can prove something else - like driving without a license and being in possession of a weapon.

Plea deals are not public information before the plea is accepted in court. Nothing nefarious or suspicious here. No need to run down this rabbit hole.

He has not, at this point, been connected to any murder other than being a victim of his mother's and his brother's murders.

JMHO

A plea deal does not necessarily mean that DN knows anything with which to 'trade'. He may be agreeing to plea to a lesser charge and the county is interested in saving the expense and time it takes to hold a full blown trial on the original charges or it may be that the state can not prove the original charges of menacing but can prove something else - like driving without a license and being in possession of a weapon.

Plea deals are not public information before the plea is accepted in court. Nothing nefarious or suspicious here. No need to run down this rabbit hole.

He has not, at this point, been connected to any murder other than being a victim of his mother's and his brother's murders.

JMHO

There are victims in this but we don't know who they are because the warrants are sealed. I certainly do not consider someone accused of 6 felonies a victim but do consider his victims are the ones deserving our sympathies. He is going to plead guilty to some of them. Will his victims be satisfied with that? That is what matters. Also, there's certainly no rabbit hole as he prepares to plead. (presumably). It all depends whether the DP and the victims will be content to accept the bargain. I cannot see them dropping any of the violent or sex offences TBH.

Many thanks emptybottles! This is a much needed thread and I'll be following closely.
I might have some info to add, I lost it in a PC crash so will have to hunt for it again after I get back from running some errands.

Many:
http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Ma...same-area-cyclist-was-murdered-446668113.html

No exact number, but several:
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/27/hatchet-man-el-paso-county-indiana-daniel-nations/amp/

"“I don’t want to be up there,” he said. “There’s a guy up there, or somebody up there running around, chasing after hikers and bikers with a hatchet. And it makes me very nervous.”

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/25/monument-el-paso-county-hatchet/amp/

Do we actually know how many victims of the alleged menacing/reckless endangerment there are?
Also this article states TW was shot multiple times and half buried off the trail. Are they the similarities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth