Identified! PA - York Co., Skeletal Remains, rifle nearby, Dec'17 - Michael Berkheimer

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Police were called early this morning to the 400 block of Salem Church road in Lower Windsor Township, York County, where skeletal remains were found by hunters.

Lower Windsor Police Chief Timothy Caldwell says hunters discovered the skeletal remains in a wooded area behind the Salem United Methodist Church.

Advertisement

According to the York County coroner, it is believed that the remains have been there for months or years.

In the area of the remains, a rifle was also found.
http://www.wgal.com/article/police-hunters-find-skeletal-remains-in-lower-windsor-township/14510536

"We may have to get a forensic dentist involved," Gay said Thursday morning when reached by phone.
When police found the body, they also discovered a rifle nearby, Lower Windsor Township Police Chief Tim Caldwell said.

Caldwell said badly decayed doesn't begin to describe the body.

"All we have are some bones, clothing fragments and a firearm," he said.

He said the investigation into identifying the body and the cause and manner of death continues.

"We're going to all go back [to the scene] and get evidence," Gay said. "We want to ID who this is. That's a tedious process."
On Thursday afternoon, Caldwell said he could not release the caliber, make and model of the rifle found at the scene.
http://www.ydr.com/story/news/2017/...-body-found-lower-windsor-township/986654001/

This man is exactly the one I was thinking of when I read that skeletal remains were recently found

This man is exactly the one I was thinking of when I read that skeletal remains were recently found

Sorry, I must have missed something....Who were you thinking of Jmoose?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back