Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
https://www.cp24.com/news/pharma-gi...-barry-and-honey-sherman-found-dead-1.3723714
Pharmaceutical giant Barry Sherman and his wife Honey Sherman were found dead in a home in Toronto’s York Mills neighbourhood on Friday afternoon, sources confirm.

Emergency crews responded to a 9-1-1 medical call at a house located at 50 Old Colony Road, which is in the area of Bayview Avenue and Highway 401.
Firefighters, officers and paramedics arrived on scene just before 12 p.m. and located two bodies inside.
Barry Sherman was the chairman of generic drug company Apotex Inc. He and his wife were well known Toronto philanthropists.

Canadian Business magazine recently listed Barry Sherman as the 15th richest person in Canada, with a net worth of $4.77 billion.

Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims’ deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.

“The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” he said. “Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.”

Thread #1
Thread #2

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...apotex-founder-barry-sherman/article37348222/
attachment.php

Dr. Eric Hoskins, Ontario's Minister of Health and Long Term Care, tweeted: "I am beyond words right now. My dear friends Barry and Honey Sherman have been found dead. Wonderful human beings, incredible philanthropists, great leaders in health care. A very, very sad day. Barry, Honey, rest in peace."

Mr. Feldman said family members had told him that Mr. Sherman had not been at work on Thursday, and that no one had heard from his wife that day, either.
"We don't know what happened. A family member got information and called me. … We don't want to interfere with a police investigation, but on the other hand the kinfolk want to know about their kinfolk."
An Apotex spokesperson said they had just learned the news and would not be commenting immediately.

Attachments

• ZYOTSD53LJGDPHTLBTNWUCSRWA.JPG
    ZYOTSD53LJGDPHTLBTNWUCSRWA.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 72
Did you notice the only way into the pool is going past the spiral staircase and down that long hallway? It seems to me like it's the most secluded out of the way place in the whole house.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Anyone trying to kill them down there would have been trapped if someone else happened along.

eta: someone must have made a search of the entire house in order to find the Shermans.

Anyone trying to kill them down there would have been trapped if someone else happened along.

eta: someone must have made a search of the entire house in order to find the Shermans.

I think that that is why he did it down there, to delay discovery of the bodies.

I think that that is why he did it down there, to delay discovery of the bodies.
Why not do it at the site of the demolition? Why wait to go to a remote area of the home look her and wait for a period of time to kill himself?
That and that alone makes me think someone was lying in wait. Honey was moved to pool area to draw BS down there looking for her!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think that a person could exit through the garage?

I'm guessing it's because the house was for sale. That was very bad information to give away.

Yes. There were about thirty photos of the house online as well. They were removed well after the deaths.

I can’t believe the silence of the media on this case.

Did John Tory cross a line by talking to police about the Sherman investigation?

Under the Police Services Act, no board member is allowed to give orders or directions to any member of the police force, or direct the chief on day to day operations of the force.
Tory’s actions fall within a grey area of the Police Services Act, which governs all board members, said former police services board chair Alok Mukherjee.

What Tory did for the Sherman family “creates the impression that a prominent family has special access to policing services,” said Mukherjee, who retired from the Police Services Board in 2015, and became a visiting professor at Ryerson University’s department of criminology and office of equity, diversity and inclusion.

“Whether this is true or not does not matter. Not every family or person has the ability to get the city’s mayor to be their spokesperson on a police investigation.”
RS&BBM

Full article: https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...stigation-former-police-board-chair-says.html

From Matou's link in thread 2. This was the first I'd heard of legs straight out. The more I learn the more I'm leaning toward double murder.

The Shermans were found hanging with men’s belts around their necks in the pool area of their mansion. They were in a sitting position with their legs out straight. Sources describe them has having jackets pulled down over their arms and pulled behind their backs.

http://torontosun.com/entertainment...inger-about-deaths-of-barry-and-honey-sherman

bbm

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members