Identified! OK - Jones, WhtFem 255UFOK, 18-25, by river, dime embedded in body, Apr'80 Tamara Tigard

There seems to be a difference in the distinguishing marks of the two. Of course, I guess one could get a tattoo after they go missing! It's really hard to tell looking at Kristy's picture and that of the Jane Doe reconstruction.

gingersnap said:
There seems to be a difference in the distinguishing marks of the two. Of course, I guess one could get a tattoo after they go missing! It's really hard to tell looking at Kristy's picture and that of the Jane Doe reconstruction.
The origional link that I provided was to a different case. I have corrected it and it should be good now.

The Oklahoman
October 31 1982

........white woman whose nude body was found April 18, 1980 on the East bank of the Canadian river near Jones.She was shot three times with a .45 caliber revolver.
This victim is 19-21 years old, is about 5-foot-7 and weighs about 120 pounds.She had light reddish-brown hair and a fair complexion. She had a red and blue heart-shaped tattoo above her left breast...........

As you can see, it pointed out in this article that her hair did have a reddish cast. There were three drawings of this woman on this page, two of which show her as having kinky-curly hair and one that looks like the doe-network drawing, I guess just trying to cover all bases?? Anyone who is interested can p.m me and I'll e-mail article.

Hollow said:
The Oklahoman
October 31 1982

........white woman whose nude body was found April 18, 1980 on the East bank of the Canadian river near Jones.She was shot three times with a .45 caliber revolver.
This victim is 19-21 years old, is about 5-foot-7 and weighs about 120 pounds.She had light reddish-brown hair and a fair complexion. She had a red and blue heart-shaped tattoo above her left breast...........

As you can see, it pointed out in this article that her hair did have a reddish cast. There were three drawings of this woman on this page, two of which show her as having kinky-curly hair and one that looks like the doe-network drawing, I guess just trying to cover all bases?? Anyone who is interested can p.m me and I'll e-mail article.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Good work.

The Oklahoman
April 19, 1982

It was two years ago Sunday when a fisherman found her body, covered with lime, on the banks of the Canadian river near Jones.
Oklahoma crime agents are still looking for the murdererof the young woman who was shot to death.Her nude body was left on the bank of the river where it was found April 18, 1980.
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokesman Paul Renfrow said Sunday the agency is again appealing to the public for any leads that might solve the mystery.
Attempts at identification, including fingerprint comparisons, the circulation of a composite drawing of the victim, and a facial reconstruction made with modeling clay sculptured over the scull, have failed.
Renfrow said the case is one of the few in which the agency has made such extensive yet unsuccessful efforts at identification.
The woman is described as being 18-25 years old, weighing 118-120 pounds. She has shoulder-length medium to light brown hair with a fair complexion and freckles. Her most unusual identifying mark, however, is a small red and blue heart-shaped tattoo over the left breast........

I can't tell whether or not Kristy Booth has freckles.

It is really hard to tell if Kristy has freckles. At first glance it would seem so, but then as you study the picture it seems to look as though it is just the film/picture.

The Oklahoman
May 2, 1980

...She was described as 18-25 years old, with a tall, slender build and shoulder-length brown hair, investigators said she had been shot three times and then covered up with a white powder believed to be lime. The woman had freckles on her face and upper torso......

Another article from August 7th, 1980 states that she was shot three times in the chest. I keep thinking, they got rid of her clothes, personal items and covered her with lime. Like they were going really all out to destroy her identity. makes me think if she were identified, it would be obvious who the killer was.

Hollow said:
Another article from August 7th, 1980 states that she was shot three times in the chest. I keep thinking, they got rid of her clothes, personal items and covered her with lime. Like they were going really all out to destroy her identity. makes me think if she were identified, it would be obvious who the killer was.
Another very likely possibility is that she was transported there from another state to keep legal jurisdictions confused.

White powdered (Hydrated) Lime is used to cover the smell of decomposition, and to speed up the process. Someone familiar with raising animals in pens might know about obtaining and using lime.

One site described the type of weapon as a .45 Revolver. A 45 Caliber Revolver - as opposed to a .45 Automatic Pistol - is chambered for the .45 Long Colt rimmed cartridge. It was the most popular cartridge for the Model 1873 Single Action Army Colt revolver which was made from 1873 to 1942. This is the type of revolver seen in all the old Western Movies. It is the kind of revolver which must be hand cocked for each shot.

Those origional Colt "Peacemakers" are highly collectable today. In the mid 1950's Colt began making limited editions of the Peacemaker - usually commemoratives or presentation models, and prices were always high for them. While the .45 Long Colt cartridge has always been available, it had long been eclipsed by other more modern calibers and cartridges (such as the .357 Magnum, and the .44 Magnum).

A few other companies began making clones of the Peacemaker, among them: Ruger, Hawes, Dakota, etc. These other companies offered a variety of calibers for these pistols, among them the .45 Long Colt cartridge. There is a fairly recent upsurge in popularity of the .45 as well as many other cartridges and firearms of the "Old West". Cowboy shooters, dressed in authentic period clothing and armed with (mostly) replica revolvers, shotguns, and rifles of the Old West compete in a lot of matches today. As a result of that current popularity, many companies today make revolvers chambered for .45 Long Colt. But back in 1980, it would have been fairly rare for someone to be carrying that kind of weapon and using it to commit a crime.

Midland Texas is only about 452 miles from Jones Oklahoma. I think Kristy is a real good possibility for this Jane Doe.

April Rose Zane

Doe file 1404DFIL

She was a runaway from Illinois (missing since 1976). She had auburn hair and freckles. She had an appendectomy scar. Her height is listed as 5'4-5'6; weight as 115-120 lbs. She would have been 20 at the time of the Jane Doe's death.

No tattoo listed, but she could have easily gotten one after running away.

Mr. E said:
April Rose Zane Doe file 1404DFIL
She was a runaway from Illinois (missing since 1976). She had auburn hair and freckles. She had an appendectomy scar. Her height is listed as 5'4-5'6; weight as 115-120 lbs. She would have been 20 at the time of the Jane Doe's death.
No tattoo listed, but she could have easily gotten one after running away.
It is interesting to note that April disappeared on 18 April 1976 and the Jane Doe was discovered on 18 April 1980 - exactly four years later to the day.
Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1404dfil.html

To give an idea of how relatively rare it is for a victim to have been shot with a .45 Revolver, I did a sort of the Doenetwork and found the following information regarding murder weapons believed to have been used on various Unknown or Missing Victims:

Caliber of weapon / Number of victims

unspecified "small caliber" (.22 or .25) / 5
.22 / 8
.25 / 4

.32 / 2
.38 (or 9mm) / 6

unspecified "large caliber" / 2
.45 / 2

I don't know much about firearms, except for they hurt my ears. I found it odd that she was shot three times in the chest only. She didn't turn, or put her hands up, or try to run, unless the first shot killed her. I wonder how fast one is able to fire this particular gun???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back