Popular mystery writer, Sue Grafton, dies at 77

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Popular mystery writer Sue Grafton dies at 77, her daughter says
by Associated Press

LOS ANGELES — Sue Grafton, author of the best-selling "alphabet series" of mystery novels, has died in Santa Barbara. She was 77.

Grafton was surrounded by family, including husband Steven Humphrey, when she died Thursday after a two-year battle with cancer, her daughter, Jamie Clark, posted on the author's website.

"Although we knew this was coming, it was unexpected and fast. She had been fine up until just a few days ago, and then things moved quickly," the posting said...

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...sue-grafton-dies-77-her-daughter-says-n833496

I have read all of her books. Some more than once. Loved the series. RIP Sue Grafton

So sad to hear this. It's like losing a friend.

Grafton began her "alphabet series" in 1982 with "A is for Alibi." Her most recent book, "Y is for Yesterday," was published in August.

(...)

Humphrey [her husband] said Grafton had been struggling to find an idea for "Z'' while undergoing treatment and losing weight.

"Nothing's been written," he told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "There is no Z."
:(

Rest In Peace. :rose:

Sorry to hear this!
I am going to miss Kinsey!!
And Henry.

I remember weekend and vacation reading sessions with my mom when I was a teen - we'd read her books and trade them back and forth.

RIP

How sad, "there is no Z" I've read all the books, I have them still sitting up on my shelf in my sewing room. RIP Miss Grafton

Just bought W&X for Christmas gifts for myself--before she died. I'll read them in her memory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back