Found Deceased UK - Marie Scott, 57, Hale, Greater Manchester, 18 Dec 2017

Amber34

Reaction score
Marie Scott left home in the middle of the day, caught a train to the city centre and disappeared. She was captured on CCTV in a number of places which confirmed her route.

She had been suffering from depression since the death of her mother and had made a few suicide attempts. It was her 58th birthday on Boxing Day. It is believed she may have travelled through Devon to Cornwall, but has not been seen getting on any other trains.

marie scott.jpg

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2017-12-22/concern-for-missing-manchester-mum/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5217447/Missing-Manchester-womans-son-appeal-her.html

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/help-us-find/marie-scott-17-006931

̄
I keep looking for updates every day...
...nothing.
I am drawn to this case as I am almost the same age as Maria, and also recently lost my own Mum. :( Very difficult.
Being that the last sighting of her was the same day she went missing, this does not seem like it will have a happy ending. :(
I wonder what she bought at Sainsburys? That could be telling of her intentions/frame of mind. (Such as low-cal snacks and a disposable camera; as opposed to sleeping aids and gin.) I'm sure they can determine what she purchased - based on the register she checked out at, and the cctv time-stamp. Don't know if they have done so, though.
It was obviously something she intended to use there; otherwise anything she needed at home, she would have picked up on the way back.

The area where she was last seen is very populated -- odd that she hasn't been found one way or the other.
I wonder if they have since checked-out all of the narrowboats that had been docked in the area canals at that time? Maybe she hopped on one, and got off somewhere along the way?

This reminds me of Sally Allan in 2015; also Christmastime. She left her very lovely Newcastle home in the middle of the night and walked 11 miles in her pyjamas, to the River Tyne. Her body wasn't found until early February, even though her last whereabouts were known - (a bridge right there at the river) and a very large diving search was conducted.

My heart breaks for Maria's husband and sons. I hope she will be found soon, so they will have answers, and will be able to bring this lovely lady home.
:praying:

It is so heartbreaking. Grief is such a powerful and isolating emotion, so often completely overwhelming. Being Christmas time only makes it more raw and lonely.
Where Marie was last seen, was unfortunately, very close to the canal and I did read (I will try to locate the source) that she had Baileys in the Sainsbury bag, likely discovered from the shop she purchased it.
I do hope she is found safe somewhere, trying to come to terms with the loss of her Mom.
Sadly though, I feel the outcome will not be a happy one [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is so heartbreaking. Grief is such a powerful and isolating emotion, so often completely overwhelming. Being Christmas time only makes it more raw and lonely.
Where Marie was last seen, was unfortunately, very close to the canal and I did read (I will try to locate the source) that she had Baileys in the Sainsbury bag, likely discovered from the shop she purchased it.
I do hope she is found safe somewhere, trying to come to terms with the loss of her Mom.
Sadly though, I feel the outcome will not be a happy one [emoji20]

omg -- I have been drinking Baileys DAILY...

I had downloaded that photo and zoomed in on the bag trying to figure out what was in it -- and I actually thought Baileys, but figured it was way too coincidental, and probably just had Baileys on the brain! How funny, in a sad way -- or sad in a funny way.

Do you know if there are any active searches?

It scares me when there is no news at all whatsoever. :(

̄
I keep looking for updates every day...
...nothing.
I am drawn to this case as I am almost the same age as Maria, and also recently lost my own Mum. :( Very difficult.

( RSBM )

Just want to say I'm so sorry for your loss of your mother. This case has to be extra hard for you.

It's very good of you to be here trying to use your grief to help others.

People like you are a true inspiration, and I hope life is kind to you as you move forward...

( RSBM )

Just want to say I'm so sorry for your loss of your mother. This case has to be extra hard for you.

It's very good of you to be here trying to use your grief to help others.

People like you are a true inspiration, and I hope life is kind to you as you move forward...

How absolutely lovely to read that - thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a sweet note. You've made me smile, with a tear in my eye. :heartbeat:

Police now know missing mum Marie Scott travelled to Bury on the day she disappeared.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ng-mum-14155013.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Had just read the updates and was coming here to post.

I'm glad they have more info, but that also is only from the same day that she disappeared -- so, still very worrisome.

This is so sad. I wonder if Bury, or that area had any sort of significance for her and her Mum? Perhaps when she was little, maybe they went there and had a particulary lovely day?
As I mentioned earlier, I lost my own mother a few months ago, and am about the same age as Marie -- and I spent weeks on end, in my darkened cave, wanting to "go back" to certain times in my childhood. And oddly, also wanting to go to places where my mother had spent time, even before I was born.
Wondering if Marie was feeling something similar, and went somewhere for comfort? Although it probably would have made her even more depressed, sad to say. (Going by my own grief, anyway.)

Or maybe that area was one of the last times she was with her Mum recently before she died?

I was almost sure she had jumped on one of the narrowboats (she was in the area, apparently asking for directions to somewhere...)
but she got a black cab to Bury instead - after considering Heaton Park at first. Hmmmm.
I guess her family would know if these places held any certain significance for her.

And, unless she has a secret credit card, I don't suppose she is holed-up somewhere in a hotel, trying to escape for a while.
I know I would like to do that, too - but would also let my family know after a few days.
I think.
Unless she doesn't want to risk being talked into returing back home quite yet.

OK - well - I'm just babbling now... just trying to think of things that would have a better outcome than what has probably already transpired. :(

Continued prayers for her family. :sigh:

Another link:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5271527/Police-release-new-CCTV-mother-vanished-month.html

̄
My wi-fi has been down and I have very limited cell usage, so I've been rationing data use by avoiding facebook, and videos. But I just now went to this early posting, and watched the video:

https://www.facebook.com/kcaflam/posts/1430625900396847?_fb_noscript=1

When I read the post
[...] Marie has been missing for over six hours now and her family are understandably very worried about her. [...]
(bbm)
I was surprised that there was a public announcement at just six hours, so I thought perhaps she, sadly, had left a note at home. After watching the video, and noted the sombre concern, I'm futher convinced that she most likely did leave a note (indicating self-harm) -- or at the very minimum, said something to someone. :(

I wonder if when she thought at first to go to Heaton Park, she decided it was a bit too close, and might be found too soon, so that's why she went to Bury instead. (btw, also wonder how she paid the taxi ...cash or credit card?)
Openshaw Park is fairly small. There is River Roch along there; although doesn't seem to be any area that is particularly secluded without homes, shops or parking nearby. That's judging from Google aerial map, so some areas may seem more secluded on the ground, perhaps.
There are some open fields south of there, which don't look very inviting, if one is trying to hide away...

I so hope she is found soon. Even if it turns out to be tragic, at least her family will have her back, and have answers. But it surely would be lovely if she just decided to be a vagabond for a while, and comes home on her own.
...... :sigh:

Still thinking of Marie and her family. :candle:

̄
I was hoping for a two-month update:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../marie-scott-missing-bury-altrincham-14308766
Marie, who turned 58 on Boxing Day, had been struggling to come to terms with the recent death of her mother Irene.

Jim said: “Unfortunately her mother passed away at the end of October and she’d been suffering for over a year. They were very close. Her mother used to come down most days and spend three or four hours with Marie.
(bbm)

Oh no... I had no idea she spent time with her Mum almost daily. This is even more heartbreaking. The loss of my own Mum didn't change my daily routine, but losing her is still devastating enough. I feel my life has lost so much meaning - even though I have a lovely, supportive husband.
This poor woman. Especially if she didn't speak of her deep grief, I fear she took her two bottles of Baileys into a secluded area and curled up somewhere - intending to meet her Mum again. I wonder if she had any sleeping tablets or such, that are missing from the home. Two bottles of Baileys alone would only give her a hangover. But it might've given her the "courage" to use other means.
I hope I am completely wrong. But two months, and no sightings beyond the first day. This is just so sad.

I am drawn to want to go fly there and search for her myself.
:( :( :(
Please let us find you, Marie :candle:

additional link:
https://planetradio.co.uk/key/local...t-emotionally-appeal-information-whereabouts/

̄
I keep looking, but no updates since 20th Feb. :sigh:

This case makes me particularly sad, as I know that if
I had met Marie, we'd've been fast friends.

I hope the family will be able to recover her soon.
... :candle:

Police renew appeal six months to the day since disappearance of Hale woman Marie Scott - Altrincham Today

Police have renewed appeals for Hale mother of two Marie Scott, six months to the day since her disappearance.

Marie left her home on Sandileigh Avenue on December 18th 2017 and hasn’t been seen since.

Officers know that she boarded a 12.30pm tram at Altrincham metrolink station to Deansgate in the city centre where she got off at around 12.45pm.

From there she made her way along Deansgate to outside Blacks where she spoke to a couple at approximately 1pm, before walking around the Castlefield area.

Marie – who turned 58 on Boxing Day – then boarded a tram at Deansgate at 2.18pm to Victoria Station where she got into a black cab to Bury.

The taxi dropped her off in the area of The Rock shopping centre where she than walked along Rochdale Road towards Openshaw Park.

I had looked for an update two days ago... (there was nothing)
and now just found this:

Human leg found in River Irwell is from missing Hale woman Marie Scott, say police

'This is an absolutely heart-breaking development in the investigation to find Marie and her family are understandably distraught by the news'

Human leg found in river is from missing Hale woman Marie Scott, say police

RIP Marie. I've thought of you often, and shall continue.
Prayers for her family and friends ~~ hope they can find strength and some peace in finally knowing what was suspected.
Nearly one full year.

So are we thinking her leg detached innocently, as a result of collision with a boat or something?

So are we thinking her leg detached innocently, as a result of collision with a boat or something?

Hi Tortoise ~
Sorry, I wasn't aware of your post until now.
You know, I was thinking the same thing.
Sadly, she had seemingly run off with the intention of suicide.
But what's to say that she hadn't encountered foul play along the way?
I am assuming that LE are on top of everything, and if there were any signs of foul play, then they'd have a responsiblity to inform the public of any risks.
But, as there has been no further information, I assume it means that suicide has been determined. (?) I wonder has a coronor's inquest/report ever been completed?
I hope there isn't someone out there, who is quite literally, getting away with murder.

Well, now two years after gone missing, and one year after finding her.
I hope the family are healing, best they can.

Two years now.

I'm having Baileys,
plus extra
for you, Marie.
I feel like you're a soul sister
I never got to know.
❤︎

So sorry for your loss Verdigris.

I understand & I hope you are doing ‘OK’?

I have just passed the 40th anniversary of my mum’s death.

You will have found & continue to find that grief changes over time...loses its ‘rawness’...but never leaves you.

In time you will be able to think about your mum & that special love you have shared...without it upsetting you.

Rest in Peace Marie Scott. I will think of the family tomorrow & on Boxing Day.

More human remains confirmed 25 miles away.

Cheshire constabulary was notified on 15 December that suspected human remains had been found by the Manchester Ship Canal near Frodsham, and officers confirmed that they had initially been in the water.

After carrying out extensive DNA tests, the force was able on Friday to identify them as belonging to Marie Scott, a 57-year-old who was reported missing from her home in Hale, Greater Manchester, in December 2017.

[...]

The two sites are linked waterways, but are more than 25 miles apart.

Police enquiries into Scott’s disappearance continue, but there are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances.

Missing body parts belong to missing Manchester woman, say police

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back