Found Deceased VA - Molly Meghan Miller, 31, Charlottesville, 29 Dec 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
26047364_1764649673841203_7634733734678628558_n.jpg

Molly Meghan Miller, age 31, has been missing from her home on King St. in Charlottesville, VA since 8:30 p.m. on Friday, December 29, 2017. She and her fiancé were cooking dinner when Molly left on foot for a quick walk. She left wearing a black sweatshirt and was without a coat, purse, or phone. About 30 minutes after she left, her credit card was used to purchase over $300 worth of items at the Harris Teeter located at 975 Emmet St. N. - about 2 miles from her home. Molly is described as 5'8", 115 lbs., with brown eyes and very long brown hair. She has had no contact with family or friends since she disappeared and her disappearance is described as very out of character.
https://www.facebook.com/MissingPie...175764455263/1764649673841203/?type=3&theater

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/A...-missing-Charlottesville-woman-467421373.html

What was bought for $300 and by whom - Molly or someone else? Does the store have CCTV?

If it was Molly, then she walked 2 miles in around 30 minutes so she would have had to walk at 4mph - by no means impossible for a woman of her height and weight, but it would have meant walking determinedly from home to the shop.

What was the temperature in the area that evening? Isn't there an arctic blast on at the moment? Is it remotely feasible that someone would venture outside without a coat, even if just for a short stroll?

It also means she took a credit card but not her purse/handbag, which is suspicious in itself. Would she normally have had it in a pocket or did she deliberately take the card on its own?

Seems the options are:

1. CCTV at the shop shows Molly arriving, buying goods there with her card and leaving.
2. CCTV at the shop shows the fiance arriving, buying goods there with her card and leaving.
3. CCTV at the shop shows an unknown person arriving, buying goods there with her card and leaving.
4. There is no CCTV at the shop.

In which case:

1. Something happened to Molly after she left the shop.
2. Something happened to Molly at home and the fiance is staging a cover-up.
3. Something happened to Molly shortly after she left the house.
4. Anything could have happened.

She left without her purse, but had her credit card. OK, I guess I can see leaving the purse behind and just putting the card in her pocket. But when women are assaulted it is normally for sexual motive and the credit card is usually not the objective. This purchase at HT looks staged. Just like committing a murder in a home and then trying to make it look like a robbery gone bad.

I don't what the weather was like in Charlottesville, but in SE VA the temps were high 30's to low 40's on Friday evening. You can probably drop that 3-5 degrees for Charlottesville.

Checking the media there is nothing on this that I can find. Facebook sites for Save the Next Girl and Missing Pieces Network are the only sources. I can't find any newspaper or TV news on this.

Checking the media there is nothing on this that I can find. Facebook sites for Save the Next Girl and Missing Pieces Network are the only sources. I can't find any newspaper or TV news on this.

Oops, sorry about that. I'll see if I can find a media or LE source. I posted this in the middle of the night. :facepalm:

I was not familiar with Harris Teeter so I checked it out online.. appears to be primarily a grocery store, with pharmacy and floral departments also. Anyone on foot would not be buying $300 worth of goods. I don't think I've bought $300 of groceries at once in my life.

But I do regularly leave my house and workplace without my purse, just a slim card case with my ID and a few credit cards in it, so that part doesn't seem fishy to me.

:pleading: This is suspicious indeed!

I was not familiar with Harris Teeter so I checked it out online.. appears to be primarily a grocery store, with pharmacy and floral departments also. Anyone on foot would not be buying $300 worth of goods. I don't think I've bought $300 of groceries at once in my life.

But I do regularly leave my house and workplace without my purse, just a slim card case with my ID and a few credit cards in it, so that part doesn't seem fishy to me.
Harris Teeter is a common grocery in this region. I would consider it maybe a bit upscale. No question there would be security cameras.

$300... Someone on foot could have bought gift cards. Good way not to be tracked if one wants to get away for a bit. Also an easy way for a criminal to quickly convert a credit card into cards that can't be traced.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

there’s a picture of her fiancé proposing from 2011!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't catch that... I saw an article about her fiance from 2015.

Guess it's good not to rush into anything.

Thank you for posting Gardener - I am local and have seen/heard nothing about this! I just posted the flyer to a few local accounts in hopes of spreading the word. HT used to not allow CC purchases of gift cards (although you could use a debit card) but I think the policy changed when Kroger bought them- the store has a camera at the entrance (you can see yourself on the screen) but I don't know their policy for recording/storing/etc. On the missing pieces FB they stated that CPD will be reviewing the security camera footage. I hope once more is known, there will be wider coverage - considering the Alexis/Hannah/Morgan cases from our area, I hope CPD is on top of this.

Thanks. I wonder what was purchased? Meds can be pricey. Guessing...

Harris Teeter is a common grocery in this region. I would consider it maybe a bit upscale. No question there would be security cameras.

$300... Someone on foot could have bought gift cards. Good way not to be tracked if one wants to get away for a bit. Also an easy way for a criminal to quickly convert a credit card into cards that can't be traced.

Yes and No on the gift card aspect. I don't know about Harris Teeter's registers, but some places the number of the gift card is on the receipt. So if there is a way (I don't know that there is) to be a 'flag' on the card, it will show if it's used. I only know because at Walmart, Mom bought gift cards. My niece lost hers and Mom called Walmart who was able to look up the card by her receipt and saw the card wasn't used.

$300 is a large purchase if you had just stolen the card, and using it so close to where it was stolen. I don't know if thieves do that, or spend in another city. I personally would be afraid the cashier knew the card holder, but then again, I'm not the thief.

She left without her purse, but had her credit card. OK, I guess I can see leaving the purse behind and just putting the card in her pocket. But when women are assaulted it is normally for sexual motive and the credit card is usually not the objective. This purchase at HT looks staged. Just like committing a murder in a home and then trying to make it look like a robbery gone bad.

I don't what the weather was like in Charlottesville, but in SE VA the temps were high 30's to low 40's on Friday evening. You can probably drop that 3-5 degrees for Charlottesville.

It was 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"'Police search for missing Charlottesville woman, over $300 used on credit card'

According to officials, Molly Meghan Miller was last seen on King Street near the UVA Medical Center in Charlottesville.

[...]

Officials say sometime between 8:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. someone made a purchase of over $300 on her fiance's credit card which she is able to use.

[...]"

http://wset.com/news/local/police-s...ottesville-woman-over-300-used-on-credit-card

ETA: BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back