KY KY - Ellen Bresch, 48, Fort Mitchell, 9 March 1977

Can't find the Holiday Inn on Ft Michell, I guess it doesn't exist anymore. Still, it's only a 17-21 minute drive from Kenton County. My guess is that she probably had a date and met with foul at the hotel.

However, there's also the fact that Bresch was reportedly carrying a large amount of cash, according to Kentucky state police. So it's either drug deal/prostitution deal gone bad, or a date gone bad.

There are no pictures available and she would be 89 years old today.

Ellen is listed with her husband in Covington, KY City Directories in the 1950's:
attachment.php

https://www.ancestry.com/interactiv...=&personid=&hintid=&usePUB=true&usePUBJs=true

Attachments

• Ellen Bresch 1956 Dir.jpg
    Ellen Bresch 1956 Dir.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 106

Attachments

• Ellen Young Yearbook.png
    Ellen Young Yearbook.png
    483.9 KB · Views: 107
Almost certainly murdered. A report from the Cincinnati Enquirer can be found at https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/100952582/ which says that blood was found in her car and matched to her. It also says she had withdrawn $20000 from her bank account 4 days before she went missing, which seems a huge amount to have in cash. Another report at https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/101004222/ says that a Grand Jury was empanelled and a man named as John Phipps of Burnett Ave, Cincinnati was summoned.

Ellen was added to Charley Project Jan 27, 2019:

Ellen Patricia Bresch
  • bresch_ellen.jpg
Bresch in 1945 (over thirty years prior to her disappearance; more recent photos are unavailable)

• Missing Since 03/09/1977
  • Missing From Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 02/19/1928 (90)
  • Age 49 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Pants and a pink, blue and white striped tank top.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Bresch was last seen in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky on March 9, 1977. She withdrew about $20,000 from her bank account, and was carrying the money at the time of her disappearance. She left all her clothes and belongings behind at her home in the 500 block of Quincy Court and has never been heard from again. Her two adult children reported her missing.

On March 11, Bresch's 1972 Oldsmobile was found in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn. There were bloodstains, matching Bresch's blood type, in the vehicle. Employees at the hotel don't recall having seen her there and no one checked in under her name.

Bresch's husband died two years prior to her disappearance. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning and foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved.

Ellen Patricia Bresch – The Charley Project

A search for Jane does from the area she went missing would be a good start to locate her remains.

Wonder if the money was from an insurance policy from her deceased husband? Could someone been trying to extort money out of her for some reason? How did husband die? She is too old to be going for an abortion, which was my first thought til I looked at her age.

Some women get pregnant at 49 and beyond.
I do wonder why she withdrew such a large amount of cash.

That's much more money than she would have needed for an abortion and it was also legal in 1977. I would guess drugs or something along those lines.

Please print and distribute around Ft. Mitchell. Also share on social media. Let's bring closure to this case!

Attachments

• Missing Bresch Final.jpg
    Missing Bresch Final.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members