GUILTY NJ - Four dead in New Year's shooting, Long Branch, 31 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

Betty P

Reaction score
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ew-jersey-new-year-shooting-article-1.3730427

A 16-year-old gunman killed four family members in a brutal New Year’s Eve slaying at their central New Jersey home, officials said.

The suspect, whose identity hasn’t been released, used an assault rifle to kill his parents — Steven, 44, and Linda Kologi, 42 — as well as his 18-year-old sister, Brittany, and a 70-year-old family friend inside the family’s Long Branch home late Sunday, according to Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni.

ETA: Sorry forgot the date: Dec 31 2017

I know this family, it's surreal to see this on this site.

There's no explanation for what happened at all. I'm interested to hear what his motive was, if he even states it. For some reason I keep wanting to say the father was in law enforcement, but I'm not sure if that's right. Regardless, the circumstances of how he got access to the gun needs to be evaluated.

Pure 3rd party speculation that I heard from someone else who knew the family is that the suspect might have been autistic. I am NOT stating that is fact, as I can't verify without asking around and that's not something I am going to do at this time.

My heart goes out to the other brothers, grandpa, and other family and friends who have lost such amazing people.

I know this family, it's surreal to see this on this site.

There's no explanation for what happened at all. I'm interested to hear what his motive was, if he even states it. For some reason I keep wanting to say the father was in law enforcement, but I'm not sure if that's right. Regardless, the circumstances of how he got access to the gun needs to be evaluated.

Pure 3rd party speculation that I heard from someone else who knew the family is that the suspect might have been autistic. I am NOT stating that is fact, as I can't verify without asking around and that's not something I am going to do at this time.

My heart goes out to the other brothers, grandpa, and other family and friends who have lost such amazing people.

So sorry to hear this. Extending sympathy to the family and friends, its a terrible tragedy. Sixteen year old boys can be moody and temperamental, it comes with the age and hormones for most. If autism is involved, it's even worse. Why can't people who insist on keeping dangerous weapons at home keep them locked up and away from others, esp. kids and teens?

So sorry to hear this. Extending sympathy to the family and friends, its a terrible tragedy. Sixteen year old boys can be moody and temperamental, it comes with the age and hormones for most. If autism is involved, it's even worse. Why can't people who insist on keeping dangerous weapons at home keep them locked up and away from others, esp. kids and teens?

Walls, who frequently went to the Kologi's house, said their 16-year-old son required special assistance and was cared for by his mother. The teen did not attend the same public schools as his brother and sister.

"But he was fully functional and comprehended what we were saying," said Walls, 18.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...ed_down_parents_sister_family_friend_with.amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw speculation about autism too and from pics I’ve seen he doesn’t appear to make eye contact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering there's a strong indication he did require special care that is likely mental, I wonder if trying him as an adult is the best course of action. Not sure the extent of his issues, but it leaves a bitter taste thinking the way the trial may turn out if those things aren't taken into consideration.

Her parents sent her a care package for finals week that included cookies, coffee, and tea. They seem to have been thoughtful people.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's what I can't wrap my head around. Their mother was one of the sweetest women I knew, she instantly took every friend of her kids under her wing. I only met her a few times but she really was just such a happy woman. Brittany, and one of the older brothers, were the ones I knew best and they were both so thoughtful and from what I can tell were definitely raised well and had strong and healthy relationships with their parents. So to me it's not likely for there to be a history of abuse in the family that could explain this violence.

A semi-automatic rifle is the kind of gun a person would typically choose for large game hunting; deer hunting for instance.

It shoots bullets of varying caliber ~ we don't know what caliber this rifle is.

A semi-auto means you pull the trigger once, the gun fires and uses the recoil action to spit out the spent bullet and place a new one, ready for use.

You may then fire the gun again, and the process repeats itself.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/01/teen-arrested-for-fatally-shooting-family-with-assault-rifle/

Authorities said police had not previously been to the house for domestic violence calls.

An Ocean Township resident who played softball with the father described the 16-year-old as “the nicest kid in the world.”

“He came to watch the softball games with Linda and he was always smiling. This is totally out of the blue,” Joe Rios, 52, told The Post.

“This is not something I ever thought this young boy would do. I don’t know what happened. He was not a violent kid. He was always smiling,” said Rios, adding that he hung out with Steve every other weekend.

Rios also said the weapon belonged to Steven’s father, who is a veteran.

The Kologis owned the three-family home, where a friend of Rios lives in the basement and called him at 2 a.m. Monday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back