Paying it forward...

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Happy New Year! DH and I went out for breakfast as we usually do on New Year's Day - especially since we didn't go out and were fast asleep before midnight. Two gentlemen (about our age - late 60s) were seated at the booth across from us. As they were leaving, one of the men took our check off the table and said, "I'd like to pay for your breakfast." We thanked him and wished him Happy New Year.

This was my first encounter with someone paying it forward. I know that DH and I must find a way to pay it forward very soon. As we left the restaurant, I did a quick search of booths we passed but didn't see a check on anyone's table. Next time we go out for breakfast, we will pay for someone else's breakfast :)

“In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart..." Anne Frank

Happy New Year, BDE! What a nice way to start the new year. I know you will find the right opportunity to lay it forward. Sending a silent ‘thank you’ to your mystery benefactor.

Reminds me of a time I gave a young couple $10 to buy a steak they were admiring and contemplating, but decided they could not afford ... they had to buy baby diapers. It was a very good feeling and years later I still smile at their appreciation. I hope they have passed on a good deed to someone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back