Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Missing%20Girls_1487042903108_55088620_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

ISP page dedicated to the investigation

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to
Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

<broken link>
Pictures of Abby and Libby
Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #60
Thread #61
Thread #62
Thread #63
Thread #64
Thread #65
Thread #66
Thread #67
Thread #68
Thread #69
Thread #70
Thread #71
Thread #72
Thread #73
Thread #74
Thread #75
Thread #76
Thread #77
Thread #78

*Media Maps & Timelines*
IMAGE Discussion Thread
Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information
Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video
grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

IF YOU WANT TO POST ABOUT A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FIRST. Please send a PM to a moderator to gain that permission.

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect
MOST RECENT:

ISP presser of 10/3/17
The Indiana State Police can share, that thus far, there has been no information developed to specifically include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect in the Delphi homicides. Both state police detectives returned to Indiana late afternoon of October 2nd and will continue to review information gathered over the course of their visit to El Paso County, Colorado

Could Daniel Nations, 32, get angry enough to pull a hatchet on people he felt offended him, as his arrest charges allege? "Possibly," his wife, Katelyn Nations, 30, told The Gazette. "In a fit of rage, yes."

DO NOT SLEUTH DN's friends, family, former neighbors, employers, etc. Discuss what is available about DN via media and LE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Websleuths Members,

We are opening up Abby and Libby’s thread for discussion.

All we ask is you post in a civil manner. That’s it. No name calling, no insults, no baiting, in general, don’t be a jerk.

Terms of Service in case you need a refresher course :)

As Monty Python would say "And now for something completely different".

I need a favor from someone who knows this case.

If you could please post a quick update on Abby and Libby’s case I would really appreciate it.

Most of us can’t follow this case like some of you so we are woefully behind.

More than one poster can post an update. That’s great.

Consider things like:

*What happened with Daniel Nations? Is he still a possible suspect?
*What is the latest from law enforcement?
*What is the latest from the girl’s loved ones?

Something along those lines would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Tricia

TY for opening the thread Tricia. Update on DN - he is due in court today (3 Jan) for several of his Co charges. Full details are on a new Tim Watkins thread begun by Emptybottles a few days ago. We have all been getting up to speed on the Co charges and the possible similarities between the Delphi and Mt Herman trail murders.

These could be:

Altercation then murdered on a trail

Shot multiple times/possible hatchet wounds

Covered in leaves

Possibly robbed

Left in a canyon/ravine/inaccessible area

No apparent motive

:cow:

Nothing new about POIs, but a small article about Christmas, and still trying to get more tips.
http://fox59.com/2017/12/25/delphi-...ough-the-first-christmas-without-their-girls/

From your link:

Ten months later and the police are still trying to track the killer down. Investigators know what he looks like and what he sounds like but have not found him yet.

&#8220;Am I frustrated with the police and their work activity? Absolutely not. They are working as diligently as u have ever seen somebody work on something,&#8221; said Patty.

BBM

I notice DN isn't even mentioned in this article.

moo

ETA: I'll be curious to know if any Indiana reporters attend DN's Colorado hearings tomorrow.

Hoping and praying that this monster is arrested for this horrendous crime in 2018. Thank you for reopening the thread.

My understanding in the way of an update is this:

DN to appear in El Paso, CO court tmro 10am MT to face 4 charges.
Later this week DN (and I think KN too?) have a court session possibly r/t child custody issues.

Families report confidence in LE's handling of investigation still.

Dr Phil show (& Dr Oz too)seemed, to some, directed at someone specific whom LE would like to see become more forthcoming. Don't know if that has happened yet or not.

TW has his own thread now. Some interesting posts on there!

Amazing (to me) the dearth of info re: both cases lately. Crickets!

STILL much controversy and confusion as to whether DN may or may not be linked to either of these murders. Many interesting theories but-
It is still a wait & see.

MOO JMO MOO-MOO-MOO!

Later this week DN (and I think KN too?) face additional charge(s).

Dr Phil show (& Dr Oz too)seemed, to some, directed at someone specific whom LE would like to see become more forthcoming. Don't know if that has happened yet or not.

STILL much controversy and confusion as to whether DN may or may not be linked to either of these murders. Many interesting theories but-

MOO JMO MOO-MOO-MOO!

I think DN and KN in court is over custody issues as jv on the docket stands for juvenile division.

1/4/18
11:30 AM 1H NATIONS, KATELYN Permanent Planning Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT
1/4/18
11:30 AM 1H NATIONS, DANIEL Permanent Planning Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

just for reference, I think that JV stands for Juvenile, M stands for Misdemeanor, and CR stands for Criminal on the court dockets.

Later this week DN (and I think KN too?) face additional charge(s).

MOO JMO MOO-MOO-MOO!

Can I get a link to the TW thread? TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thank you Tricia for reopening the thread. We'll try hard to be better! Lesson learned!

I have been following this case since the beginning. I have to say I’m baffled there has not been an arrest.

I can’t believe there is no security camera footage of the area. This must not be a local .

Moo

I think DN and KN in court is over custody issues as jv on the docket stands for juvenile division.

1/4/18
11:30 AM 1H NATIONS, KATELYN Permanent Planning Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT
1/4/18
11:30 AM 1H NATIONS, DANIEL Permanent Planning Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

just for reference, I think that JV stands for Juvenile, M stands for Misdemeanor, and CR stands for Criminal on the court dockets.

Perhaps social services is involved with DN's and his wife. If they are, those hearings are private and not open to the public

Does anyone believe DN could be the killer? I don’t believe that . Arrest would have been made.

MOO

Perhaps social services is involved with DN's and his wife. If they are, those hearings are private and not open to the public

Aw yes. Their children are in state custody and have been since September, when DN was arrested. KN visits them but does not have custody back. It appears that she visits them in a classroom type setting so I'm guessing it's where children in state custody are taken for visitation purposes. We have one in my area. It is always monitored but a comfortable setting for the children to visit. I believe she (KN) is living in a shelter. I don't know why she doesn't have her children with her at the shelter.

Does anyone believe DN could be the killer? I don&#8217;t believe that . Arrest would have been made.

MOO

I'm surprised there hasn't been an arrest (of DN) in the murder of Tim Watkins in Colorado. I've never thought he was the Delphi killer but the TW murder looked much more promising. But, I keep thinking there should be a ballistics match or not, by now.

Link to that thread, if anyone is interested:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-Herman-14-Sept-2017&p=13833771#post13833771

moo

Does anyone believe DN could be the killer? I don&#8217;t believe that . Arrest would have been made.

MOO

Many people believe that DN is the killer-probably more people believe he is than he is not (at least on this board, SM is a different story). I don't think there's been enough information released to determine one way or the other-and that goes for ANY POI-but I, personally, haven't seen any "evidence" that makes me think DN was involved.

I just can’t believe DN is the killer. Something doesn’t seem right .

MOO

Yes. I believe DN could be the killer.
They (LE) won't arrest him or anybody else in any murder case until they have all their ducks in a row for a strong prosecution.

This actually depends on the DA. LE often makes arrests in murder cases before all the evidence is gathered. The job of the DA is to prosecute; the job of LE is to enforce safety. They don't always coexist in a collaborative manner. If LE finds evidence linking someone to a murder and they believe that the public's safety is at further risk, they WILL make an arrest. All they need is strong evidence to link the person to the kill-it's later up to the prosecution to give that evidence a narrative and for the defense to argue it away. It's better if the evidence is sound, because without strong evidence the amount of time they can hold a person is limited, but that doesn't mean they won't act first if they consider the person a danger to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth