1434 users online (258 members and 1176 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by angorwat View Post
    I am disappointed that the delay in recovering the body might have let SM get away with a lesser charge !!
    I hope the speculation about WM squealing under the leverage of a potential death penalty will be the eventual outcome.

Is it normal for organized LE searches to miss finding a body in the search area
    ?
    BBM

I wouldn't call it normal, but it is not uncommon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by watergirl62 View Post
    Yeah, but in Texas you will actually die. Seven people were executed in TX last year, five are scheduled in the next 3 months. CA hasn't executed anyone in over 10 years (farce).

https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/death_r...offenders.html

I think GM has the right idea, the DP may be leverage at this stage in the game.

A shoutout to the Dallas County DA, Faith Johnson. I was so impressed by her compassion, discretion and professionalism yesterday.

https://www.dallascounty.org/departm.../meettheda.php
    Good.
    "Worlds on fire, we don't know who lit it, house of cards and we're all living in it,
    but I'm home, and there's no place I'd rather be..."

София Петрова в Сиатъл

Likely to find me somewhere
    here during the night

_
    __

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarple
    Info on Wesley and Sini can be searched by name (it will also list the case numbers) here: https://www.dallascounty.org/crimina...h/searchByName

Is there a link where I can find out their next court dates? TIA!

or do you know "when" that might be?
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Wesley Mathews charged with Capital Murder, Abandoning a Child, Injury to a Child, and Tampering with Evidence.

Sini Mathews charged with Abandoning and Endangering a Child.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sh...469002133.html
    Last edited by kmickel; 01-13-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kmickel View Post
    Wesley Mathews charged with Capital Murder, Abandoning a Child, Injury to a Child, and Tampering with Evidence.

All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on
    "Your out of your tree" "It's not my tree"
    #finddani

I can't believe that the law allowed the Mathews to waste the court's time to petition for custody of their bio daughter!! How on earth did anyone think they would regain custody of bio daughter when he could be on death row & she could be serving 2-20 years in prison? Our world has gone crazy!!
    Any of my comments are IMO,JMO, or MOO.

Quote Originally Posted by faw720 View Post
    I can't believe that the law allowed the Mathews to waste the court's time to petition for custody of their bio daughter!! How on earth did anyone think they would regain custody of bio daughter when he could be on death row & she could be serving 2-20 years in prison? Our world has gone crazy!!
    I know, but it is called due process and even the Matthews are entitled to it.

abeaman02 is offline All things are possible with coffee and mascara
    So happy to hear this case is moving along and justice will be served!

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    Is there a link where I can find out their next court dates? TIA!

or do you know "when" that might be?
    I haven't seen any dates yet. It may be that the court dates haven't been set; usually msm reports it somewhere. It's not unusual given that the Grand Jury just indicted Wesley and Sini. I'm sure someone here will post any updates - we're good like that.

TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    The spoons may have contained some kind of forensic evidence but I don't think that's what he used. Seems to me they usually use specific legal terms when stating charges and the legal definition of a deadly weapon is: A deadly weapon is generally defined as a firearm or anything manifestly designed, made, or adapted for the purposes of inflicting death or serious physical injury.

I doubt Sini would get out in 2 years, even if the only charge is the current charge of Child Abandonment. When all the factors are taken into consideration, like the broken bones little Sherin suffered, and that she obviously knew about since she was the one who took her to the doctor, they're going to give her the max.
    My husband and I were assaulted by our roommate. He has a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon... Also that was plead down from two counts to just one and 5y in prison and 5y probation... that deadly weapon was a pot, like you cook food in, a medium pot with a handle that he used to hit both of us in the head. A deadly weapon can be anything used to try to kill you. I guess the adapted part of the definition this would fall under. I’m just pointing out it doesn’t have to be a weapon like we think think of, it can easily be something like a pot you cook in. JMO MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by i8mypaint View Post
    My husband and I were assaulted by our roommate. He has a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon... Also that was plead down from two counts to just one and 5y in prison and 5y probation... that deadly weapon was a pot, like you cook food in, a medium pot with a handle that he used to hit both of us in the head. A deadly weapon can be anything used to try to kill you. I guess the adapted part of the definition this would fall under. I’m just pointing out it doesn’t have to be a weapon like we think think of, it can easily be something like a pot you cook in. JMO MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by faw720 View Post
    It's not so much that they were allowed to petition. The law has various protections in place when the state takes custody and/or terminates parental rights. As with everything in American law, the process begins with a presumption of innocence and guilt must be proven.

Those laws/processes are in place for all our protection. To do otherwise opens the door to administrative abuses, such as have actually occurred across history. There was a time when any single woman giving birth was presumed to be an inadequate parent and lost custody. There have been cases of adoption rings operating through pay-offs to CPS and judges by parents of means wishing to have infants.

Recent article about Georgia Tann and the Tennessee Children's Society, a particularly scandalous operation: https://nypost.com/2017/06/17/this-w...e-to-the-rich/

This was the subject of a TV movie (Stolen Babies) starring Mary Tyler Moore some years back
    Last edited by Margo/Mom; 01-14-2018 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Citation added.

Quote Originally Posted by Margo/Mom View Post
    It's not so much that they were allowed to petition. The law has various protections in place when the state takes custody and/or terminates parental rights. As with everything in American law, the process begins with a presumption of innocence and guilt must be proven.

Those laws/processes are in place for all our protection. To do otherwise opens the door to administrative abuses, such as have actually occurred across history. There was a time when any single woman giving birth was presumed to be an inadequate parent and lost custody. There have been cases of adoption rings operating through pay-offs to CPS and judges by parents of means wishing to have infants.

Recent article about Georgia Tann and the Tennessee Children's Society, a particularly scandalous operation: https://nypost.com/2017/06/17/this-w...e-to-the-rich/

This was the subject of a TV movie (Stolen Babies) starring Mary Tyler Moore some years back
    I remember seeing this and sometimes the laws seem so insane on one case but, in a broad spectrum they are in pace for reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by kmickel View Post

Welcome, kmickel and thank you for the link.

In the video at the link, it was interesting to hear the reporter, Meredith Yeomans, describe the deadly weapon charge.

She said ( starting at approximately 2:39 in the video ) a defense attorney had told them that a deadly weapon could mean anything from a physical weapon to his hand.

I was surprised. I hadn't thought of a hand being a deadly weapon, though it does make sense.

Wonder then if he might have killed Sherin with his bare hands?

( That poor, defenseless baby girl...)

JMO

According to the Texas Penal Code

(17) “Deadly weapon” means:

(A) a firearm or anything manifestly designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting death or serious bodily injury;  or

(B) anything that in the manner of its use or intended use is capable of causing death or serious bodily injury.

http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-co...sect-1-07.html

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast