"Because she's lost and we have to find her so she can go home."

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
This is not a news report, its from personal experience.

I was on my way home from work and I walk a couple of blocks on a main street. Today there was a boy about 12 there on the sidewalk.

He was asking everyone who was walking by if we had seen the lady in the poster that was taped to the pole.

This is a 60+ woman who has mental problems, who has been missing for 2 weeks. Although missing people happen everywhere, it is not a usual occurance in the city I live in.

I told him I hadn't seen her and asked him if he knew her. "No" he answered with a very serious look on his face. "I'm asking people if they've seen her because she's lost and we have to find her so she can go home"

Hunters of the missing are everywhere, and every age! His efforts touched me.

P.S. In case you are worried about his safety I would say don't be. He didn't look like he was about to go anywhere with anyone. He was just bound and determined to make sure all the passerby took a moment to look at the poster of a stranger who is lost....

PonderingThings said:
This is not a news report, its from personal experience.

I was on my way home from work and I walk a couple of blocks on a main street. Today there was a boy about 12 there on the sidewalk.

He was asking everyone who was walking by if we had seen the lady in the poster that was taped to the pole.

This is a 60+ woman who has mental problems, who has been missing for 2 weeks. Although missing people happen everywhere, it is not a usual occurance in the city I live in.

I told him I hadn't seen her and asked him if he knew her. "No" he answered with a very serious look on his face. "I'm asking people if they've seen her because she's lost and we have to find her so she can go home"

Hunters of the missing are everywhere, and every age! His efforts touched me.

P.S. In case you are worried about his safety I would say don't be. He didn't look like he was about to go anywhere with anyone. He was just bound and determined to make sure all the passerby took a moment to look at the poster of a stranger who is lost....
Just think, If the adults took as much time, she may have already been found! This is a very touching story:)

how sweet, what an intelligent and sensitive little boy. i'm glad to see some kids still being raised to have some empathy & concern for others!!!

do you think maybe he was a relative or friend of the woman?

God still sends his angels....They don't have wings. Just look into their eyes & if you are a child of God You WILL SEE!. Thank you God. :)

What a heart-warming story. I wonder if he did this because he noticed how many people walked by the poster without even taking a glance? How ironic it takes a child to show the adults what they are missing.

He must be an especially sensitive and caring child. His parents should be proud of him.

JMHO
fran

This boy was very caring and concerned. There is a verse in the Bible that says, "and a little child shall lead them." Isaiah 11:6

We were talking about this lady today and sadly she still has not been located.

I am still so impressed by that young man.

PonderingThings said:
We were talking about this lady today and sadly she still has not been located.

I am still so impressed by that young man.
Is there much of an effort going on there to find her? Other than the heart felt job this young man is doing?

Originally there was. There was some bad weather coming in so there was a few searches undertaken and the shelters and people who dealt with street people were informed.

Also the TV news had more than one segment asking homeowners to check any buildings, etc.. for her.

In addition there were a number of posters put up on a lot of poles. The bad weather did arrive and there was a very big dumping of snow. It did not bode well that she wasn't discovered before the storm.

All of that snow, has melted. The temps went from bone chilling to really springlike. Still no signs of her.

It is possible she is staying with someone, or has left the area. Of course it still may be possible that she is "found" once people start venturing out now that spring has sprung.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back