Australia Australia - Jayden Penno-Tompsett, 22, Charter Towers, Qld, 31 Dec 2017

From your link pebige:

The missing man's father Brendan Tompsett said his son had an argument in a car with a friend shortly before his disappearance.

'We don't really care what the issues are, we don't care about any of that, we just need to know he's safe,' Mr Tompsett said.

'Anything that's gone on doesn't really matter at this point - we just need to hear from him. It's a parent's worst nightmare. It's horrible, it really is horrible.

'F3F76B57-63BB-4B7A-B32A-1E33BA7E68B1.jpeg

"The group then left, leaving Mr Penno-Tompsett behind hundreds of kilometres from their final destination"

This sentence on the article gave me the shivers, are these friends? really? There is no way I would leave a friend of mine in the middle of nowhere, no matter what they said to me -insults, tantrum, whatever- I would wait for him/her to calm down regardless of how many hours it took.

This is no decent behaviour, sorry to say. The police forces need to thoroughly question these "friends" of his and double-check if their timeline/story is the same.

What happened to this young fellow. This area is baron not bushy. Today police released new information stating he was now last seen at a property entrance and they have a description of the gate. It's odd.
Police are also asking for the people who helped a young fellow in the area which sounds like the friend as the car is again described.
THe property while sounding very like other places in the area, will be noticed if it's in the area.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2010125909003948&id=196048033745087

This is the local paper in charters towers with an update I hope this is allowed its their Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really hope his family have answers soon. It all seems very odd.

Every time I hear of Charters Towers it feels spooky, I feel as though its big in the underworld drug scene.

Very fishy and just awful.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Hi again if you search his name on FB a family friend has a public post of information with lots of interesting comments

Hi again if you search his name on FB a family friend has a public post of information with lots of interesting comments

Thanks Horror. I just read the whole thing and I am in shock.

Jayden Penno-Tompsett may have visited a mystery property and potentially hitchhiked back across the Queensland border before he vanished. The witness told detectives the property was on an unsealed road with a red steel fence, described as "unique" in Charters Towers.

The witness also said there was a bull skull on a post near a set of yards with silver-coloured fencing.

A house was visible several hundred metres from the road. The unsealed road ran off a bitumen road.

Police have not been able to pinpoint the location of the property and they appealed for locals who may know where it is.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-se...hunt-for-missing-nsw-man-20180109-h0fjsv.html

Reactions: DRT
another report:

He and the friend were travelling to Cairns to celebrate New Year’s Eve with others who were in a separate car. The friend originally said the location he last saw him was a roadhouse on the Flinders Highway at Charters Towers — but he has now provided a mysterious new location.

The man has told detectives it was a rural property on an unsealed road with a red steel fence. “On the property is the skull of a bull on a post near a set of yards with silver coloured fencing,”

The unsealed road ran off a bitumen road and a house was visible several hundred metres from the road.

Police have not been able to locate the property and have appealed to locals to help find it. The friend first spoke to police when he was 600km from Charters Towers. “Upon return to Charters Towers, the witness was able to clarify the description of the location.”

The friend was co-operating with police and had spent several days trying to pinpoint the location — but he has not been able to say exactly where it was. The two men argued about something — possibly money — and Mr Penno-Tompsett, who was driving, pulled over and left the vehicle. His friend then drove off. He has told police he returned later and Mr Penno-Tompsett was gone.

He was not reported missing until January 3.

Mr Penno-Tompsett had his wallet with him when he disappeared, but not his mobile phone or other personal items which included medication.

Police are asking a member of the public who “rendered assistance” to a young man in the Charters Towers area to urgently come forward.

Police still believe he was last seen about 5am on December 31. Social media posts have suggested he disappeared a day later — with some friends claiming they received text messages after that time — but those suggestions were wrong.

07257af3a277e271aede4dd88af44458

CCTV vision of missing man Jayden Penno-Tompsett, last seen at a roadhouse in Charters Towers on the Flinders

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...y/news-story/5920daf121e61ce096bc244215b59882

1515465641258.jpg

Police released CCTV images of Mr Penno-Tompsett in a Charters Towers roadhouse.

In the footage, the 22-year-old walks around the roadhouse in a singlet and thongs. He stretches and looks around the store before walking out again before dawn. Moments after he walks out, Mr Penno-Tompsett has an argument with a friend – some have told authorities it was over money.

His friend later tells police Mr Penno-Tompsett became enraged and got out of the car and walked off.

They do not report Mr Penno-Tompsett missing until Wednesday – four days after he was last seen.

Police still believe Mr Penno-Tompsett was last seen about 5am on December 31 and his father has warned social media users to rely on facts and not suspicions.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-se...hunt-for-missing-nsw-man-20180109-h0fjsv.html

Also if you search for other posts (Not the one mentioned above), his friends are commenting on a post about him saying "he always just drops off the map for a couple weeks and just doesnt speak to anyone pretty sure hed be sweet"

Not sure how much that means but definitely seems like he has done it before.

Thanks Jersey girl I came this morning to add those links

In the SmH link it is odd how they say he may have been on foot or in the car near the property ? And asking for person who may have rendered assistance. He is either in the car or not if the mate drove off that's confusing. I am assuming the police are only releasing what they need to .

Also if you search for other posts (Not the one mentioned above), his friends are commenting on a post about him saying "he always just drops off the map for a couple weeks and just doesnt speak to anyone pretty sure hed be sweet"

Not sure how much that means but definitely seems like he has done it before.

Yes I saw that one too. The friend who posted though claims to be best mate so he is thinking its odd. The parents say out of character. Maybe he drops of map to mates sometimes but not close family. He also appears to have lost close friends which would make dropping of map expected if he's dealing with emotions. I am hoping he's hitching or partying on a property without realising all the panic.

another report:

He and the friend were travelling to Cairns to celebrate New Year’s Eve with others who were in a separate car. The friend originally said the location he last saw him was a roadhouse on the Flinders Highway at Charters Towers — but he has now provided a mysterious new location.

The man has told detectives it was a rural property on an unsealed road with a red steel fence. “On the property is the skull of a bull on a post near a set of yards with silver coloured fencing,”

The unsealed road ran off a bitumen road and a house was visible several hundred metres from the road.

Police have not been able to locate the property and have appealed to locals to help find it. The friend first spoke to police when he was 600km from Charters Towers. “Upon return to Charters Towers, the witness was able to clarify the description of the location.”

The friend was co-operating with police and had spent several days trying to pinpoint the location — but he has not been able to say exactly where it was. The two men argued about something — possibly money — and Mr Penno-Tompsett, who was driving, pulled over and left the vehicle. His friend then drove off. He has told police he returned later and Mr Penno-Tompsett was gone.

He was not reported missing until January 3.

Mr Penno-Tompsett had his wallet with him when he disappeared, but not his mobile phone or other personal items which included medication.

Police are asking a member of the public who “rendered assistance” to a young man in the Charters Towers area to urgently come forward.

Police still believe he was last seen about 5am on December 31. Social media posts have suggested he disappeared a day later — with some friends claiming they received text messages after that time — but those suggestions were wrong.

07257af3a277e271aede4dd88af44458

CCTV vision of missing man Jayden Penno-Tompsett, last seen at a roadhouse in Charters Towers on the Flinders

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...y/news-story/5920daf121e61ce096bc244215b59882

Sorry to post so many times in a row but this one talks about the assistance given. It is stated like police definitely know it's happened and they think to the mate - something important is being left out, I think they are trying to clarify what the "mate" has said

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back