Bulgaria - Petar Hristov, 49, murdered , Sofia, 8 January 2018

yurena

Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...businessman-killed-in-broad-daylight-in-sofia

The owner of one of the biggest dairy companies in the country was murdered in broad daylight this morning, a single shot to his chest.

His driver quickly took him to the Military Medical Academy but doctors could do nothing to save his life and he died 30 minutes later.

Mr Hristov also had interests in construction, real estate and tourism.

Speculation is rife at this time in Sofia with Bulgarian media reminding readers/locals that Mr Hristov helped dismantle a gang behind a series of kidnappings, during the first mandate of the current Prime Minister Boiko Borissov from 2009-2013.

http://www.euronews.com/2018/01/08/bulgarian-businessman-shot-dead-in-sofia-street

I am still rattled and slightly shaking over this. I was chatting in the kitchen with my landlady who had arrived just a few minutes before to collect the rent when we heard the shot and later what it sounded like lots of people screaming in panic and running.

Just another day in the Balkans. Sigh :(

RIP Petar Hristov.

Petar Hristov
attachment.php

Attachments

• Petar Hristov.jpg
    Petar Hristov.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 72
I just came here to see if this had been posted. Thank you, yurena.

I'm so sorry for the loss of Mr. Hristov.

My Sofia :heartbeat: :(

I did not realize you were in Sofia, yurena.

I just came here to see if this had been posted. Thank you, yurena.

I'm so sorry for the loss of Mr. Hristov.

My Sofia :heartbeat: :(

I did not realize you were in Sofia, yurena.

Yes, I moved here at the beginning of the academic year, resigned from my teaching position in Albania -an extremely difficult decision to make- to take up this one in Sofia, a city I used to visit every summer.

I adore Balkan culture/people and it breaks my heart what corruption, crime etc, etc... is doing to this part of the world. I guess from your comment you know this place well, right?

Yes, I moved here at the beginning of the academic year, resigned from my teaching position in Albania -an extremely difficult decision to make- to take up this one in Sofia, a city I used to visit every summer.

I adore Balkan culture/people and it breaks my heart what corruption, crime etc, etc... is doing to this part of the world. I guess from your comment you know this place well, right?

Yes, I have a lot of family still in Sofia. I go back as often as I can. It's one of the most beautiful cities, I encourage everyone to visit if they can. These cases that come out of Bulgaria are heartbreaking. It seems as if they are not few and far between either now, unfortunately :(

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...businessman-killed-in-broad-daylight-in-sofia

The owner of one of the biggest dairy companies in the country was murdered in broad daylight this morning, a single shot to his chest.

His driver quickly took him to the Military Medical Academy but doctors could do nothing to save his life and he died 30 minutes later.

Speculation is rife at this time in Sofia with Bulgarian media reminding readers/locals that Mr Hristov helped dismantle a gang behind a series of kidnappings, during the first mandate of the current Prime Minister Boiko Borissov from 2009-2013.

http://www.euronews.com/2018/01/08/bulgarian-businessman-shot-dead-in-sofia-street

I am still rattled and slightly shaking over this. I was chatting in the kitchen with my landlady who had arrived just a few minutes before to collect the rent when we heard the shot and later what it sounded like lots of people screaming in panic and running.

RIP Petar Hristov.
BBM

Oh dear! Hugs for your trauma, yurena. Take extra special care of yourself today. :heartbeat:

BBM

Oh dear! Hugs for your trauma, yurena. Take extra special care of yourself today. :heartbeat:

Thank you very much Lilibet! -btw I ordered "The Gift of Fear" last Friday, such a great recommendation you posted on threads :heartbeat:- the HS where I teach has decided to stop lessons for a couple of days so I will be staying at home. The Killer is on the loose and most likely still in the neighbourhood so no point in taking unnecessary risks.

They have not caught yet the person who tried to murder tax officer Ivo Stamenov three weeks ago. Very similar modus operandi to the murder of Mr Hristov today so not even the police forces at this stage know if there is one or there are two killers on the run.

http://bnr.bg/en/post/100911912/the...x-officer-stamenov-chief-prosecutor-tsatsarov

Thank you very much Lilibet! -btw I ordered "The Gift of Fear" last Friday, such a great recommendation you posted on threads :heartbeat:- the HS where I teach has decided to stop lessons for a couple of days so I will be staying at home. The Killer is on the loose and most likely still in the neighbourhood so no point in taking unnecessary risks.

They have not caught yet the person who tried to murder tax officer Ivo Stamenov three weeks ago. Very similar modus operandi to the murder of Mr Hristov today so not even the police forces at this stage know if there is one or there are two killers on the run.

http://bnr.bg/en/post/100911912/the...x-officer-stamenov-chief-prosecutor-tsatsarov

Stay safe, yurena! I will be checking back again to this thread to check up on you and Sofia.

[bbm]

oh no that must be so disturbing for you

RIP Petar Hristov.

You’re right in the thick of it! I’m glad your high school is being cautious. It sounds like these are “hits” rather than random, but anyone could get caught in the crossfire.

I’m glad you ordered “The Gift of Fear.” Be aware that it is very wordy IMO and could have been edited better. Some stuff doesn’t apply to mere mortals like us. He has advised and protected some celebrities who have been stalked, etc. But there’s lots of good advice and the first chapter especially is chilling and very instructive. You’ll benefit from reading it.

My colleagues were talking about this all day today. As you say "just another day in the Balkans." It seems clear this is a hit to me, and while he is said to have helped in the downfall of a trafficking ring, it is hard to say with guys like this who are in prominent positions with a lot of old money, you know what I mean? I don't know that the two things (his assistance to the PM and this death) are related.

Sad to hear the news. Try to stay safe.

JMO
It seems that whenever someone works really hard their whole life and ends up very successful then others cant accept that and sometimes want to take them out. I have to think that sometimes the perps are just being jealous of successful wealthy people. The perps need to work hard themselves and get successful themselves and then they would not feel that way.

Of course I have no idea the real reason someone targeted him and I am probably over simplifying it.

Take care over there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back