1293 users online (247 members and 1046 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    I doubt the US Customs would let you take children INTO the US with a 'temporary' custody order. Even if the mother has custody, the father has to sign a letter stating that the children can cross borders. IMO

I have a friend who has custody of her children but cannot leave Canada without their fathers permission, as he has visitation rights, etc. IMO

Then theres the whole question about passports for the children. Even infants need their own passports these days and I would imagine you need a letter from the father agreeing to process passports for minors. IMO
    Yes, all of this is the impression I got.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    I doubt the US Customs would let you take children INTO the US with a 'temporary' custody order. Even if the mother has custody, the father has to sign a letter stating that the children can cross borders. IMO

I have a friend who has custody of her children but cannot leave Canada without their fathers permission, as he has visitation rights, etc. IMO

Then theres the whole question about passports for the children. Even infants need their own passports these days and I would imagine you need a letter from the father agreeing to process passports for minors. IMO
    The children are not automatically Cdn. citizens as they were born outside the country (and were the births even registered?) - someone would have to apply on their behalf. This, plus the process of applying for passports would all take time, and CC would likely be unable to take the children into the US until it's all sorted out. Then any custody issue would add to the complications. IMO, this is probably why CC and her parents are still in Canada (even if she wants to leave JB, which or course we don't know.)

Quote Originally Posted by nuff View Post
    The children are not automatically Cdn. citizens as they were born outside the country (and were the births even registered?) - someone would have to apply on their behalf. This, plus the process of applying for passports would all take time, and CC would likely be unable to take the children into the US until it's all sorted out. Then any custody issue would add to the complications. IMO, this is probably why CC and her parents are still in Canada (even if she wants to leave JB, which or course we don't know.)
    IMO birth certificates and passports would have been issued upon their release as an exception to the way we do it, so to speak. Thats part of why they were held up for 2 days awaiting a flight to Canada. The Canadian Government would have done this for them. And I am sure the American government done the same for CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace.212 View Post
    IMO birth certificates and passports would have been issued upon their release as an exception to the way we do it, so to speak. Thats part of why they were held up for 2 days awaiting a flight to Canada. The Canadian Government would have done this for them. And I am sure the American government done the same for CC.
    Do you know that for a fact, because it seems unlikely to me?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18