SD - Tamara 'Tami' Reay, 41, stabbed to death, Pierre, 7 Feb 2006

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
02/09/2006

Pierre Man Charged With Killing His Wife

11342.jpg

A Pierre man is in jail on charges he killed his wife, and authorities are looking for her body.

Police say 46-year-old Brad Reay is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the disappearance of 41-year-old Tamara Reay. She was reported missing late Wednesday morning.

More: http://www.keloland.com/News/News/NewsDetail4514.cfm?Id=0,45890

Pierre Woman's Body Found

11344.jpg

Authorities in South Dakota's capital now confirm they have found the body of a Pierre woman believed to have been murdered by her husband. Forty-six-year-old Brad Reay was charged with killing his wife, 41-year-old Tamara Reay.

...Authorities say they found the body of Tamara Reay Thursday night after they started searching with a National Guard Helicopter. They aren't saying where the body was found but the details of Wednesday's investigation led them to believe her husband killed her.

...Maher says, "There was talk in the household of divorce and then we interviewed the daughter and the father, Brad Reay, and their stories conflicted."

When investigators looked through the Reay's home in northwest Pierre Wednesday, they found a Dodge Durango with pools of blood inside. They also smelled cleaning solution and said it looked like someone was trying to clean it up.

More: http://www.keloland.com/News/News/NewsDetail4514.cfm?Id=0,45904

michelle said:
It will never end......:banghead:
nope, it won't.
I was tempted to start a thread and post all of the known men's names who murdered their wives and the victim's names as well.

There is a woman i see at my sons school whose daughter was brutally murdered here in maryland about 10 years ago by a disgruntled employee, well anyways her and i were talking today saying how its bad enough we fear strangers and people we really dont know but its a sad day when we have to fear our spouses. They are the ones we promise to love and cherish and here they are the first ones suspected in the murder and usually are guilty. Its scary.

PrayersForMaura said:
nope, it won't.
I was tempted to start a thread and post all of the known men's names who murdered their wives and the victim's names as well.
hey you should start it and everyone can add them as we come up with different ones.

More Details About Where Pierre Murder Victim's Body Was Found

The body of 41 year old Tamara Reay was found 10 miles outside of Pierre. Searchers found the body just before five last night, and with the help of a National Guard Helicopter, Reay's body was discovered near an emergency spillway, which is just north of the Oahe dam off highway 1806.

Investigators aren't commenting on the condition of the body but credit the chopper with making quick work of the search.

More: http://www.keloland.com/News/News/NewsDetail4514.cfm?Id=0,45930

This is a much bigger picture. Those with entitlement issues.Those that think no one matters but them. I fear this discovery is only part and parcel to a much bigger picture.

Divorce is always a option......why destroy so many people?

cheko1 said:
Divorce is always a option......why destroy so many people?
because they are pure evil and dont care about anyone but themselves.

Another child growing up without her mother, and now without her father.

Serveral years ago, I read an article about losing your mother. This article stated that no matter how old you were when you lose your mother, that emptiness will always be there.

http://www.keloland.com/News/NewsDetail5440.cfm?Id=0,46267

02/24/2006
Pierre Murder Suspect Indicted

The Pierre man suspected of killing his wife was indicted today. Brad Reay was arrested earlier this month, after his wife Tamara disappeared.

He was indicted today for alternate counts of first degree murder and first degree manslaughter as well as aggravated kidnapping.

In the investigation, police discovered that someone had tried to clean up blood from inside the family's Dodge Durango. The woman's body was later discovered north of the Oahe Dam.

Another husband that just couldn't let the wife go. Another child with no mother or father. Evidentally these guys never watch the news or they would know that husbands very rarely get away with murder....guess they would rather end up being someone's girlfriend in prison then to move on and build a new life for themselves.

link

PIERRE, S.D. — A petite 13-year-old girl, testifying at her father's murder trial Friday, denied his claims that she stabbed her mother to death.

Prosecutors allege Brad Reay, 46, stabbed his wife dozens of times after she asked for a divorce.

Tami Reay's nude body was found near Lake Oahe two days after she disappeared last February. Some of the wounds in the 41-year-old's chest went all the way to the hilt of the knife.

Under questioning from a prosecutor trying to show that she could not have inflicted such wounds, Haylee testified that she weighed just 80 pounds when her mother was slain.

The defense alleges the Reay's daughter, Haylee, killed her because she was upset about the possible breakup.

On cross-examination, defense attorney Timothy Rensch asked the girl about her athletic abilities. She said she is good at basketball, volleyball and soccer.

Brad Reay watched his daughter carefully and occasionally smiled while she testified.

Thanks for posting that, DS. I was reading about this yesterday. The girl was 12 when her mother was killed. According to another article, from the link below: Prosecutors said Reay also tried to frame the Feb. 8, 2006, murder on his wife's lover, an assistant manager at the Pierre Kmart where she worked part-time.

I just don't see the daughter doing this with the type of wounds that were inflicted. I think he's looking for an escape route, and its boiled down to the daughter. How creepy is it that he watched his daughter carefully and occasionally smiled while she testified.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,242959,00.html?sPage=fnc.national/crime

Wow, how low can a man get? That poor child.

I personally don't think they should have allowed the dad to remain in the courtroom while she testified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back