GA GA - Thomas 'T.J.' Nigro, 31, Columbus, 5 Jan 2018

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
The Columbus police department is asking the public for assistance in locating a missing man.

Thomas “T.J.” Nigro, 31, was last seen in the area of Victory Drive on Jan. 5, 2018. Thomas was last seen wearing a blue or green sweater, gray sweatpants, and sunglasses.

He is described as weighing 160 pounds, 5’6,” with brown eyes and brown hair.

http://m.wtvm.com/wtvm/db_376055/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=ytY8xto4
7ba8a25d779caa33667499cc39b431e6.jpg

Was Thomas in the habit of going to any nearby restaurants like Taco Bell, Kristy Kream, the mall? What were the circumstances behind him leaving? Did he say where he intended to go?Any health issues?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was Thomas in the habit of going to any nearby restaurants like Taco Bell, Kristy Kream, the mall? What were the circumstances behind him leaving? Did he say where he intended to go?Any health issues?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Interesting you ask these questions.
Last seen on Victory Drive which appears to be a commercial area.
Hopefully he is safe and located soon.

I did some Research on google maps for places nearby. Those are what I came up with. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NE MONTH LATER: still no answers in search for missing Columbus man

Nigro's family says his last known location is Heard County -- just north of LaGrange.

They say someone dropped him off here at the edge of the west point wildlife management area. The family says the intersection of Bevis and GBI Roads is the last place Nigro was reportedly seen. Nigro's family says the friend who dropped him off said Nigro was planning to camp in the area, but Nigro never returned from the trip. His whereabouts remain a mystery.

http://www.wrbl.com/news/local-news/still-no-answers-in-search-for-missing-columbus-man/952379810

Was the area searched where he was supposed to be camping? Did he have camping gear with him? A cell phone to ping?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Was the area searched where he was supposed to be camping? Did he have camping gear with him? A cell phone to ping?

The flyer information is confusing to me on the point of the cell phone. It states that he left his cell phone "on a counter" (presumably at his home) but then states that the witness who dropped him off to go camping says that he did have a phone. Maybe he had a trac phone or something?

So I was looking (briefly before interrupted by toddler) on the find TJ fb page (linked in a post above) and learned a few things there.

TJ does have a second phone but it's number is unknown. The page asks for anyone who knows that number to contact them.

Apparently there was only one search when TJ first went missing. I'm unsure of why there haven't been more searches, but I plan on going back to the fb page during Toddler Nap Time.

There is a picture of TJ with a beard on the fb page. I will try to bring it over here later unless someone else does it before I get a chance to.

There is more but I need to go back and make sure I remembered the rest correctly before I post here.

Some of what I learned was from digging through comments but only from what the page admin commented about.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

No update :( You would think since he's a veteran the news would do updates on him. Especially with memorial day coming up.

The Aware Foundations FB page has information on his post about injuries suffered during military service that may have affected his behavior. I hope he just went off to get away from things for a while and will turn up.

MSN

COLUMBUS, Ga. (WTVM) - An investigation is underway after human remains were discovered in Columbus Sunday morning.

Muscogee County Deputy Coroner Charles Newton confirms that human bones were found around 8:30 a.m. near the Woodruff Farm Road railroad tracks.

MSN

COLUMBUS, Ga. (WTVM) - An investigation is underway after human remains were discovered in Columbus Sunday morning.

Muscogee County Deputy Coroner Charles Newton confirms that human bones were found around 8:30 a.m. near the Woodruff Farm Road railroad tracks.

I wonder if this could be Joel Akridge? He disappeared very close to there (2.5 miles, 5 min drive) in 2015. Another good candidate would be Raymond Paul Akins, who disappeared, also on foot 1.5 miles away in 2013. TJ Nigro's last known location was in rural Heard County, north of Lagrange, which is about an hour and a half away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back