1198 users online (242 members and 956 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

Blaze Bernstein was home for the holidays from college, according to his family. He went out on Tuesday, Jan. 2 and was last seen entering Borrego Park in Foothill Ranch, Lake Forest area of Orange County. That was at 11 p.m. and he has not been seen since.
    I don't like that Blaze's friend waited in the car while he went into the park to meet someone. This doesn't sound good, IMO. This one is close to home...I'll be following it closely.

https://patch.com/california/lakefor...laze-bernstein

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Last edited by liltexans; 01-11-2018 at 02:11 PM.

This thread is dedicated to fact-based discussion of Blaze's case, not our opinions on psychics or moderation, or to chastise other members for their thoughts.

If you take issue with moderation or posts by others, please use the Alert feature or PM a Mod or Admin rather than derail the thread by making it about your opinion on those topics.

Thanks.

Sillybilly
    WS Admin

ORANGE COUNTY

SSO N. FLO\VER STREET
    s.\NTA ANA. CA 927n3
    71+.ii+7.7r)rlo

NEWS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Public Information Manager Carrie Braun:
    W: 714-647-7042
    C: 714-904-7042

Body found in Borrego Park ID'd as missing 19-year-old
    LAKE FOREST, Ca. (Jan. 10, 2018) - The body of a 19-year-old man found in Borrego Park by Orange
    County Sheriffs investigators has been identified as missing person Blaze Bernstein.

Bernstein was last seen at about 1 1 p.m. on Jan. 2, and was reported missing by his family to Sheriff's
    Department investigators on Jan. 3.

Approximately 25 members of the Sheriffs Department Search and Rescue Team surveyed the park and
    adjacent wilderness area Whiting Ranch on Friday Jan. 5, Saturday, Jan. 6, and Sunday, Jan. 7, as
    investigators actively worked the case.

On Tuesday afternoon, at approximately 2 p-m., a search of the Foothill Ranch park was initiated by Sheriff's
    investigators. Bernstein's body was discovered in the brush surrounding the park.

This case is now being investigated as a homicide. An autopsy will be perfomaed today. No additional
    information regarding the cause of death or the condition of the body will be released at this time.

Sheriff's investigators are actively following multiple leads, but no suspect is in custody.

The investigation into this case is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Orange
    County Sheriffs Department at 714-647-7000. Anonymous tips may also be submitted to Orange County
    Crime Stoppers at 855-TIP-OCCS.

###

This is from @OCSD Twitter account. Have trouble with the actual link on my phone. RIP Blaze

To those who are posting and discussing miscellaneous comments from FB, please stop. The ONLY comments from social media you are allowed to bring here and discuss are those by a victim or officially named suspect, or by the Admin of a Websleuths approved page (a Help Find, MSM, or LE).

This is the last reminder. Further occurrences will result in timeout.

The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc

I posted this just before the previous thread closed. There are in fact other POI.

http://ktla.com/2018/01/10/hundreds-...d-in-o-c-park/

A cause of death is not yet known as investigators await the results of an autopsy that was conducted Wednesday. However, based on the condition of the body, investigators believe the teen was the victim of a homicide, according to sheriff's Lt. Brad Valentine.
    Persons of interest who haven't been publicly identified are also part of the investigation, according to Valentine.
    Darling, it is only my opinion, after all.

FWIW I'm still leaning toward premeditation.

A plastic bin, camping gear, and a rental car. I guess the question is when did he buy this stuff? Before or after he met up with Blaze.

I also give credence to the 11:30 pm text from Blaze that made the family suspect foul play. It was after all a statement from the families attorney. Not a social media rumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think thekiller is young, scared and inexperienced. I wonder what the truth will be when it all comes out, but I don't think this was premeditated. Once BB was injured (not sure if fatally at the onset, or injured enough he was dying) I think the killer panicked.
    I am of the mindset that BB was injured, knew he was dying, and texted his friend. Then the killer realized what BB had done and shut it off. jmo
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Cora View Post

A plastic bin, camping gear, and a rental car. I guess the question is when did he buy this stuff? Before or after he met up with Blaze.

I also give credence to the 11:30 pm text from Blaze that made the family suspect foul play. It was after all a statement from the families attorney. Not a social media rumor.

The attorney is a friend of the family, not the family's attorney (or at least it wasn't presented that way).

Quote Originally Posted by Coquette View Post
    I posted this just before the previous thread closed. There are in fact other POI.

http://ktla.com/2018/01/10/hundreds-...d-in-o-c-park/
    Thank you. From the start, I felt Blaze met with foul play. Also from the start, I felt that the driver "friend" was in on his murder, and I just can't shake the feeling that at least one other person is involved. Reading that late last night, that they were still investigating other POI's, made me think that this homicide is, as they say, very different from other cases.

I have not felt this was a gay hook up gone wrong, but I could be very wrong.

I feel something more sinister, for some reason. I just can't shake that feeling no matter how hard I try.

Will the autopsy be made public?

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    The attorney is a friend of the family, not the family's attorney (or at least it wasn't presented that way).

The "Mother" was quoted, not the attorney

“His last cellphone text was to a female friend an hour later,” the mom said. “After that text, Blaze’s cellphone completely stopped working.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/0...ke-forest-man/

Quote Originally Posted by kkdj View Post
    I think thekiller is young, scared and inexperienced. I wonder what the truth will be when it all comes out, but I don't think this was premeditated. Once BB was injured (not sure if fatally at the onset, or injured enough he was dying) I think the killer panicked.
    I am of the mindset that BB was injured, knew he was dying, and texted his friend. Then the killer realized what BB had done and shut it off. jmo
    But why not secretly call 911 or Dad who was 5 minutes away? I'm thinking that he thought he MIGHT be in trouble or sensed something was off but wasn't quite sure. A text along the lines of "with xxx. Gng to park. Acting strange kinda scared"

Quote Originally Posted by Cora View Post

I agree. I would be interested o know when the car was rented and the camping gear, container were bought.

And to me, the 11:30 pm text is indisputable considering it came from the family spokesperson/attorney friend right out the gate and was on the first missing persons poster. This was the very first instance that possible foul play was suspected. Ironically, foul play was committed. Blaze was found dead, homicide. That is not a coincidence. IMO
    Where is Sky Metalwala???

Can someone help me with the time line? When did the friend pick up Blaze? They went to Hobby Lobby parking lot, then to the park, is that right? what were those times? And what time did the text to the girl occur? Can anyone help me?

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast